Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Audi celebrates 15 years in India, Introduces warranty coverage for 5 years

To celebrate 15 years in India, Audi has introduced a warranty coverage for 5 years with unlimited mileage for all its cars sold this year, starting from June 1.

Audi celebrates 15 years in India, Introduces warranty coverage for 5 years-20220603_144655.jpg

Press Release

Quote:
Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced a segment first initiative for its customers. To celebrate fifteen glorious years in the country, Audi India has introduced a warranty coverage for five years with unlimited mileage for all its cars sold this year, starting June 01, 2022.

Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, commented, “To celebrate fifteen glorious years in India, we have announced a segment first warranty coverage for five years with unlimited mileage for our customers this year, starting June 01, 2022. This is a milestone initiative and we are very happy to offer a complete peace of mind package. This initiative is in line with Audi India’s ‘Strategy 2025’ that focuses on Human Centricity – which inspires us to be customer oriented at all times.”

Audi India’s continued confidence in its vehicles is demonstrated by the extensive warranty package provided for customers. The warranty coverage for five years is valid for unlimited mileage and covers any repair or replacement of component failures.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd June 2022 at 14:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 16:42   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi celebrates 15 years in India, Introduces warranty coverage for 5 years

Congrats to Audi on the 15th . Love warranties, and nothing like a 5-year unlimited for peace of the mind. The brand also has the classiest, most timeless designs.

They have a lot of work to do though. The lack of a diesel engine has hurt their mainstream model sales, the elimination of the 3.0 TDI & AWD took away enthusiasts, models come & go unexpectedly and many times, their product spread has been too short. They need to push hard like Mercedes & BMW. Audi needs to remember that, for a year or two, it was the no.1 luxury brand in India.

I still remember driving the magical A4 3.2 TFSI, the fast & grippy A6 3.0 TDI and the gangster-presence of the earlier Q7. Where are the Audi models that you just cannot say no to? That your heart lusts for? The one current Audi that truly left an impression on me is the A8 turbo-petrol, but its presence will always be minuscule due to the pricing of cars in that segment (and the S-Class).

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2022 at 16:46.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:32   #3
BANNED

Drove the S5 recently. More than enough power for one’s needs, AWD grip and understated performance cues on the exterior. Note the quad exhausts, the muscular accents on the front hood, and silver ORVM’s.

Name:  E8F8C7111142497E9777832C1A18A3A5.jpeg
Views: 364
Size:  110.0 KB

Name:  5D8D8DD6E346418BB066FCD4C53E10CC.jpeg
Views: 367
Size:  49.2 KB

However At 349 bhp and 500 Nm the 340i comes close in terms of power but is substantially cheaper.

Audi, while being competitive in their mainstream cars is completely out of the game in their S and RS lineup. The RS 7 costs about 40 lakhs more the M5C. Yes, these are CBU’s but if BMW can make their performance lineup at competitive prices, Audi should also be able to. It’s certainly going to be difficult to sell with such a difference.
EV NXT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 18:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this 5 year warranty standard or optional?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 18:58   #5
BHPian

Audi has lost the plot completely in India lately. In early and mid 2010s, they were good with contemporary styling and competitive motors with choice of v6 TDIs. At one point around 2015, A4 and A6 were both rated by best in category by Car and Driver magazine. The design of A5/S5/A6 were good looking. TT is now discontinued.

Lately, their style is staid (conservative), engines (especially in India) are not the ones which will appeal to enthusiasts. As of today, probably only A5/RS7/R8 can be called stylish in the segment but these (RS7/R8) sell in few tens may be. And RS7 is costlier than M5 and E 63S. No compelling reason to buy those.

I think, they have decided to concentrate more in entry level luxury segment and hence the line-up. Their 3.0 TDIs will especially be missed.
OffRoadFun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 21:12   #6
BHPian

It's good that Audi India has introduced 5 year extended warranty as standard. Meanwhile BMW and Mercedes India still offer only 2 year standard warranty and charge 4to 6 lakhs for 3 or 4 year extended warranty. As GTO said, extended warranty is a must for any German luxury car. Period. I just hope Audi India's management stop their braindead strategies which they did in the past.

Along with the extended warranty, they have updated the A6 with 19 inch alloy wheels, 360 degree camera and air purifier and virtual cockpit is standards in all variants of the A6. I feel the A6 is becoming slightly common in Bangalore although not at 5er and E-class level. I feel the A6 and the 5 series are far superior to the E class anyday in terms of comfort, quality, price, drive and features anyday. I am not of the E class thanks to it's hard seats, underwhelming quality which are reported by V123 E class owners.

Audi India should bring their TDI powertrains ASAP. Diesels still rule the luxury car segment in India. That's why BMW and Mercedes are ruling the luxury car segment in India as they offer a variety of powertrain options (including 6 cylinders).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Audi has lost the plot completely in India lately. In early and mid 2010s, they were good with contemporary styling and competitive motors with choice of v6 TDIs. At one point around 2015, A4 and A6 were both rated by best in category by Car and Driver magazine. The design of A5/S5/A6 were good looking. TT is now discontinued.

Lately, their style is staid (conservative), engines (especially in India) are not the ones which will appeal to enthusiasts. As of today, probably only A5/RS7/R8 can be called stylish in the segment but these (RS7/R8) sell in few tens may be. And RS7 is costlier than M5 and E 63S. No compelling reason to buy those.

I think, they have decided to concentrate more in entry level luxury segment and hence the line-up. Their 3.0 TDIs will especially be missed.
Yeah. Especially, the new A8 is the worst offender. It looks a lot like the A3 now. Plus the specs are ridiculously boring. Even the ugly 2022 7er looks much better than the
plain jane A8. The A6 is a worthy contender though.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th June 2022 at 14:23. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 4th June 2022, 03:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
I feel the A6 and the 5 series are far superior to the E class anyday in terms of comfort, quality, price, drive and features anyday. I am not of the E class thanks to it's hard seats, underwhelming quality which are reported by V123 E class owners.

Errr, you have got it backwards actually. Mercedes E class is the segment leader for both comfort and space due to it's long wheelbase. Mercedes also generally has nicer interiors than the other two, especially in the current gen.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 07:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Errr, you have got it backwards actually. Mercedes E class is the segment leader for both comfort and space due to it's long wheelbase. Mercedes also generally has nicer interiors than the other two, especially in the current gen.
Sure, it has a lot of space. But in terms of comfort it isn't. Some V213 owners told me that. The seats are narrow, bolstered like bucket seats and are place making them not comfortable at all. Also they complained about the quality of the E as well.
IREV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 08:39   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It’s a segment leader yes, for its legroom and of course the 3-pointed star on the nose.

In terms of looks yes the dashboard design is great but quality of the latest gen Mercs are nowhere near what they were used to be. W212 had vault like doors which unfortunately can’t be said for the V213. The dashboard and door trims which have a large slab of veneer wood and other plastic trims, creak a lot when pressed.

Same can be seen here:
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 12:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Audi on the 15th

With this latest 'customer centric' strategy being rolled out, am sure it offers that much more confidence to its customers and gives peace of mind.

With close to 3500 cars sold in Fy21, Audi is trying hard to get back to the wonderyears of the last decade, but its still a long way to go and knock the doors of BMW & Mercedes.

Currently, Audi offers a standard manufacturing warranty upto 2 years. With this new announcement for cars getting delivered after 1st June, the standard warranty gets extended upto 5 years. Based on what you are buying, this extension of the standard warranty could translate to a waiver of anywhere between ~Rs. 70,000 for the A3 to ~Rs. 350,000 for the RSQ8!

I, for one, have the comprehensive value package (including the extended warranty) already waived off as part of my deal for the next 5 years. So, I am not complaining.

And when I see this every day in my parking lot, I can't stop adoring the timeless beautiful design:-

Audi celebrates 15 years in India, Introduces warranty coverage for 5 years-img_1701-2.jpg

Cheers to Audi.
JoshMachine is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks