Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 11:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen’s official statement regarding Taigun AC issues

Over the past few weeks, VW Taigun, Skoda Kushaq and Slavia owners have been reporting issues with the air-conditioning system. Volkswagen has now released an official statement to address the customer complaints.

Volkswagen’s official statement regarding Taigun AC issues-2021vwtaigun01-4.jpg

Official statement:

Quote:
We would like to assure you that the AC systems in our cars have been designed to provide maximum comfort while maintaining an optimal fuel efficiency. We follow rigorous quality check protocols and AC efficiency is also monitored for every model. We request you not have any apprehension towards our product & services.
Zac Hollis, Director, Sales and Marketing, Skoda India, has also responded to a customer on Twitter.

“We are aware of this concern from some customers and our engineers are working on a solution. As soon as it is ready the Service Centres will contact you”, he said.

Here’s the most recent response from Volkswagen:

Quote:
We are aware that a few customers might have faced AC cooling concerns, especially in the regions where the temperatures are soaring high. There are chances that it takes more time to bring cabin temperature as per the occupant’s requirement. Please be assured that our technical teams are working to analyse further the improvements in AC performance in specific operating conditions. In the meantime, kindly visit your nearest dealership and they will assist you further.
Name:  VW ac.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  50.8 KB

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2022 at 20:17.
TusharK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen’s official statement regarding Taigun AC issues

Zac Hollis has atleast accepted that there is an issue with the AC.

Meanwhile VW India’s response is appalling

IMHO Zac Hollis has single-handedly turned the fortunes of Škoda India, and is very customer-centric in his approach. Otherwise we would’ve have received a similar response from Škoda India as given by VW India.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:21   #3
BHPian

Surprisingly, AC in our Apr 22 Kushaq MT is working flawlessly. Honda brio for that matter used to perform poor compared to the cooling experienced in Kushaq 1L.

We have the active peace variant with manual AC and this experience is from Lucknow (44-48 temp). Rear ac vents also work on expected lines. Can it be something related to a batch of cars or cars equipped with auto ac?
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

"We would like to assure you that the AC systems in our cars have been designed to provide maximum comfort while maintaining an optimal fuel efficiency. We follow rigorous quality check protocols and AC efficiency is also monitored for every model. We request you not have any apprehension towards our product & services."

“We are aware of this concern from some customers and our engineers are working on a solution. As soon as it is ready the Service Centres will contact you”, he said.
Issues in systems as basic as ACs on 20 lakh rupee cars are unacceptable and then the denial from VW's side is an icing on the cake!

This exact issue of these German cars is the reason why domination of the Koreans is still unaffected!
No matter how attractive the likes of Virtus, Taigun etc feel as a product, they still stand nowhere in front of the engineering, quality and reliability offered by the Japanese, Koreans and even Indians (Mahindra to be specific!) ! Really wish that Maruti, Toyota, Honda, Renault, Mahindra and Tata launch their midsize SUVs ASAP so customers can have some real competitive SUV alternatives to the Creta, unlike these half-cooked Germans!

P.S.- Before German fanboys come at me, I'd say the sales figures are by my side and prove my point! While the Creta is unaffected, even the old, ignored-by-its-own-manufacturer and feature lacking S-Cross sells better, letting know which the customers find more trustworthy! VW-Skoda really need to up their game!

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 6th June 2022 at 11:32.
theAutomaniac is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:25   #5
BHPian

I'm somewhat surprised by the number of seemingly simple things that VW and Skoda seem to be getting wrong in their 2.0 cars, the A/C issue being one of them. Much cheaper and older (both VAG and other brands) cars haven't had issues like this and yet, here we are looking at a fairly expensive, freshly designed car suffering from them.

The mixed response doesn't inspire much confidence either, as the director of sales and marketing says that there is an issue which is being worked upon but the other company releases as official statement saying nothing is wrong! All when the two cars in question are the same underneath but wearing different top-hats.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:27   #6
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Surprisingly, AC in our Apr 22 Kushaq MT is working flawlessly. Honda brio for that matter used to perform poor compared to the cooling experienced in Kushaq 1L.

We have the active peace variant with manual AC and this experience is from Lucknow (44-48 temp). Rear ac vents also work on expected lines. Can it be something related to a batch of cars or cars equipped with auto ac?
I don't think it's specific to initial lot as newer owners have also reported this issue.
If manual AC is working fine, then it must be a sensor related issue in Auto ACs. How is the AC performance in your car at idle in traffic jams?
Old 6th June 2022, 11:44   #7
BHPian

Judging by the responses from VW officials and Zac Hollis, it looks like Mr. Hollis & his policy of at least acknowledging the issue scores him a brownie point. But that doesn't necessarily transpire to an improvement in the immediate future. And if it does do so for some future batches of the VAG twins, what remedy could be offered to the existing owners?

It's hard for owners to pin point on the root cause(s) regarding the AC especially when the temperature patterns vary based on the geographical location.

Down here in South, the current temperatures are between 36-38 degrees whereas a friend who recently drove across many Northern & North Eastern states in his Thar on his trip to Spiti informed that there were days when the outside temperature had crossed 44-45 degrees! And he also informed that he found his rather new Thar's AC wasn't cooling the cabin enough.

Last edited by rideon74 : 6th June 2022 at 11:46. Reason: Typos
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Vishy76 has a crisp experience penned here (Volkswagen Virtus 1.5L DSG | Initial review impressions and test-drive).

The issue happened in manual mode too.
The common factor in all cases is low speed/low rpms which are easily reached in crawling traffic.

This also indicates that the India 2.0 isn't just about the products, it's the service too.

On a lighter note we should expect a standard response on the lines of :
1. Deny.
2. Happens in all cars of this model.
3. Bring it up during the next service.
4. Change the the entire system.

Last edited by shancz : 6th June 2022 at 12:02. Reason: Added last section
shancz is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am guessing that they have made the compressor to cut-off in bumper to bumper traffic to reduce fuel consumption. Just an observation from various forum posts.
giri1.8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:38   #10
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am guessing that they have made the compressor to cut-off in bumper to bumper traffic to reduce fuel consumption. Just an observation from various forum posts.
If it is so, then I think it can be solved with simple software upgrade but looking at the official statement of VW, looks like they are neither capable nor willing to solve it. Anyways, they can release whatever statement they want but the Indian market has a habit of showing the door to those who don't cater to people's demands.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:40   #11
BHPian

Have to say that Zac has been playing an instrumental role in somewhat saving VAG India's face, more power to him for his help and support. I only wonder how frustrated the customers would have been if there weren't a single person like Zac.

VAG India's 2.0 plans seem to have gone completely downhill, such major and most importantly recurrent quality lapses are not expected from such a big brand. I really feel sad for the owners who are facing such issues on a daily basis. Hope all gets sorted soon!

I am also curious to know whether or not these issues are plaguing the export-only models made by VAG in India. Evidently if these cars are not facing troubles overseas then VW/Skoda India are doing something wrong in the Indian market.

Last edited by AKSarkar1 : 6th June 2022 at 12:42.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

A good AC is the most important requirement if you are living in NCR. Yesterday when I was coming back around 3pm the car temperature showed 47 degree and the mobile showed 44 degree temperature. It's the same today. However in my Sonet D-AT the AC is extremely effective. Mine is HTX so it's without ventilated seats however the back still doesn't get sweaty. I will even say Sonet AC is even better than the one in my previous Honda City D which was quite a chiller.

So, it's quite appalling to know a Global giant like VW/Skoda aren't able to provide such a basic need in a proper way. I feel for the owners. Spending so much money and then sweating in their new cars is a nightmare. If I was a prospective buyer I won't even look at VW/Skoda group. No matter how good they drive but such issues are a dealbreaker atleast for me.

Last edited by harry10 : 6th June 2022 at 12:50.
harry10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:56   #13
BHPian

I think as BHPians we must get over the famed "German engineering" badge we like to appreciate. It is either good engineering or bad engineering. Just like good customer handling (Zac) and the not so good.

Modern engineering is mostly a function of customer needs, raw material cost target and planned obsolescence!

The real reason is yet to be found out, but, switching off the AC for the 1.0 mill might also be something about maintaining brake booster vacuum at low speeds. The AC at full load is a significant burden on the engine output at crawling rpms! Our car power ratings are at 5000rpm ish! We crawl at 800rpm ish. The Punto had a similar issue, a software update and a booster pump was introduced later, and the Seltos, and many others.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 6th June 2022 at 13:00.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 13:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Official statement:

Link to Team-BHP News
This is absolutely brushing aside a major concern for a lot of folks who are looking to buy their cars. For Indian conditions, the AC is a must. They need to test their cars on Mumbai Western Express Highway in the morning and evening peak hours to know what the buyer would go through.

Also, the link is broken in the original post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/volksw...igun-ac-issues
Old 6th June 2022, 13:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

They are saying "Our car is perfect, problem is with your country and driving habits"

Perfect machine needs a perfect home you know

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th June 2022 at 13:53.
Latheesh is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks