Team-BHP - Ford Ikon 1.6 2000 model
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Ikon 1.6 2000 model (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2531-ford-ikon-1-6-2000-model.html)

My friend is planning to buy a used C segment car. He had almost decided on a 2000 Opel Corsa 1.6 which he is getting for around 2.75 which I think is a pretty good deal.
But he is also considering a 2000 Ikon 1.6 which he says will come for around 2.9.
Having driven a Ikon 1.6 and Corsa Sail 1.6 before, my opinion was that the former is much more fun to drive and I have suggested him to go for the the ikon. But was the 2000 Ikon as good as the current model. (I know that the old 1.3 was pretty dissapointing)
Also how does the fuel efficiency of the two cars(Ikon vs. Corsa) compare?

Thanks for your help.

As a rule of the thumb, for any car make and model...the newer the model year the better. Manufacturers continually fine-tune the suspension, engine and other areas.

Butttttttttttttttttt the 2000 Ford Ikon is almost as good as it gets. My brother has been driving one since brand new for 4 months now, and not any issues beside the poor brakes.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 19 2004,00:35)]Butttttttttttttttttt the 2000 Ford Ikon is almost as good as it gets. My brother has been driving one since brand new for 4 months now, and not any issues beside the poor brakes.

didnt quite understand this? your bro is using a 4 year old vehicle brand new for the last for 4 months?

Oops. Typo. He has been driving a 2000 Ford Ikon and is the original owner of the car.

GTO

GTO,
Why are you deleting my posts

Aditia,

If you had also registered under the nick name "ROly" I strongly suggesting reading the board rules from this link - Board Rules

We will not tolerate any abusive language, personal attacks, insults or matter that is not in sync with the purpose of this board.

Keep your language extremely clean.

Thanks for your co-operation

GTO

hmm..I wonder if aditia is a dealer for San Storm, and he;'s now angry coz Dippy let the world know (or atleast all of us at TBHP) of the CRAP that is the San Storm!

Kick this bozo off GTO, don't need his kind here.

Rtech

Previous post of his deleted . No abusive language will be tolerated whatsoever

GTO,
Thanks for the feedback.

Another couple of questions -
1. How would you compare the Ikon 1.6 and the Corsa 1.6(both are 2000 models)? My friend lives in Noida and besides the daily trip to office, my guess is that he would hit the highways almost every weekend(He has travelled almost all of karnataka on his yamaha rx-135 when he was in bangalore). Besides driving pleasure, maintainance cost is also a care-about.

2. Is there any thing in particular that he has to careful about while buying a used car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]How would you compare the Ikon 1.6 and the Corsa 1.6(both are 2000 models)?

The Ikon 1.6 anyday. He will have fewer maintainence issues, its faster and more fun to drive...He wont regret it.

Regarding the second question, the answer is but one word - EVERYTHING!

GTO

Isn't 2.9 kinda high for a 4 year old Ikon considering the price drops that have taken place since then?

I AM TRYING TO SELL A 2000 year 1.6 in the MARKET PLACE of a SITE CALLED TEAM-BHP:p

Hey guys,
i think we've been ripped off..
My dad paid 4 lakhs for a 2000 model Accent GLS 1.5 !!

Its done 65000 KM on the odo and didn't have any music system nor any mags.

We even had to buy the tyres(the owner paid half the money and we paid the other half for the tyres) *coz the owner, earlier had mags on the car which he took back and gave us the stock wheels without tyres.

He wanted the mags for his new car.

He also took away the 12-CD changer!!

Isn't it a little too much we paid.

All this had happened and i was kept in dark abt the fitments which were there in the car.

Hey shravan.
I think your father could have picked up a better one with that money.
From my experience, Ive seen people removing their music system before selling but removing alloy.. sounds bit desperate.
But as you know people in Bangalore..can br really cheap

Thought so!!
I always preffered a Ikon 1.6, but, my father bought the Accent coz the owner is his 'friend'(who ripped us off!!!).