Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2004, 10:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Well wat i have observed is that .. many magzines bluff stuff of companies launching cars in India, when the company itself may not have any plans to launch it in India. So why these unnecessary rumours.? Well...i am not comfortable with these rumours... wat r u r views on this guyz...Hope u got wat i wanna say!
Old 29th May 2004, 11:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey stratos
few examples please
Old 29th May 2004, 11:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ May 29 2004,09:33)]hey stratos
few examples please
Well.. i wont like to take the name of the magzine.. but Toyota had launched a car called Vitz or Ritz.. some concept... in Japan...the magzine reported that Toyota has plans for it in India.. well this was around a year and half back!..

Secondly.. the launch of the Fabia... i am hearing it since 2002... well may be they had plans... to launch it and it did get postponed.. but many magzines gave dates of launch like End of 2002, mid 2003... but still it aint here...

Then launch the new land cruiser... not launched yet...!

There are many examples... !
Old 29th May 2004, 11:15   #4
BHPian

Auto motor and sport, when it was being published in India, had carried an article on a revamped maruti 800. What they had done is carried a pic of a photoshopped 800 on the front cover and indicated that maruti has plans to bring out this new car in the coming months. On further reading, they said it was only the artists impression and nothing concrete. This was really bad on their part to cheat the person buying the mag. No wonder there was an early end to the mag here in India. All becoz of their poor ethics.

All mags generate hype for ppl like us to buy their mags off the stands. They show a fancy car on the cover and say full details inside. And all there is a spy shot with half a page of write up which we already know about. Worst is when they speculate a higher than normal price for a lower than normal product. This only serves the car/bike companies and showrooms to hike up their prices without really offering anything special. Last months review of the Tavera in ACI proves this point. Check out the last para in the article. Justification for pricing it higher than a qualis.
Old 29th May 2004, 11:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

And the bad part abt this thing is that... may be we know the exact things... a layman in Automobiles.. who wants to buy a car.. may ... iam saying may get misguided due to such info!
Old 29th May 2004, 11:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well another example... remember the new Toyota MPV.. well dont remember its name... it was stated by a mag that it will be badged the new Toyota Qualis in India.! No news after that!
Old 29th May 2004, 11:49   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto Motor and Sport is well known for publishing Pshopped images in their foreign mags. And they claim that these are gonna be the new designs of the car.

The Toyota Vitz was published in OD, i guess. I dont think mags just publish it just for the sake of publishing. They cud be having some info on the model. Most of the mags turn to the Thai auto market to see whats the next [Jap] car for India. But i'm not saying that they are always right.
Old 29th May 2004, 15:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

I guess it fills some of their spaces,
Old 29th May 2004, 16:15   #9
BHPian

well, this do give a inquiry counter to auto co.s too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks