Team-BHP - Volkswagen Passat launched in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volkswagen Passat launched in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25554-volkswagen-passat-launched-india.html)

News just in from a reliable source. Volkswagen Passat is getting lanched in Sept 2007. They'll be coming out with a 2.0 TDI variant first followed by petrol. Picing will be in the bracket of 20-22 lacs. Next in line is VW polo mid next year.

Thatz Good news! What about VW Golf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 478758)
Thatz Good news! What about VW Golf?

Golf GTI!!! Now, wouldn't that be a dream? No buddy, no plans to launch that, at least for the next 6 years (and this is straight from the horses mouth, if you know what I mean).

hey buds,

You are sure about the pricing ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 478774)
hey buds,

You are sure about the pricing ????

More or less sure. Unless they change it at the last moment due to some import surcharge etc.

what r they targetting to launch the polo at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 478768)
Golf GTI!!! Now, wouldn't that be a dream? No buddy, no plans to launch that, at least for the next 6 years (and this is straight from the horses mouth, if you know what I mean).

Thanks pal for the update!
Shucks, 6 years is a loooong time to wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon (Post 478807)
what r they targetting to launch the polo at?

"What" as in? can you please clarify?

Sorry for being vague. What price point are they targetting the polo at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon (Post 478815)
Sorry for being vague. What price point are they targetting the polo at?

No idea yet. Will come to know only by september/october.

WOW Great news - so I guess the Laura would be headed for a price cut eh ? Slurp slurp

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 478753)
Picing will be in the bracket of 20-22 lacs. Next in line is VW polo mid next year.

It will sell as well as the Superb.

By the way, even the Jetta is lined up for next year. Around third quarter next year.

Quote:

Picing will be in the bracket of 20-22 lacs. Next in line is VW polo mid next year.

Wonder what Passat's step brother (Superb) and step sister (Laura aunty) supposed to do now.. with that kind of pricing from VW!!

Quote:

News just in from a reliable source. Volkswagen Passat is getting lanched in Sept 2007. They'll be coming out with a 2.0 TDI variant first followed by petrol. Picing will be in the bracket of 20-22 lacs. Next in line is VW polo mid next year.

Thanks pal for giving us this great news .BTW the pricing is OTR or Xshowroom ? If its X showroom then the OTR price would be near Rs. 25 lacs and IMO it would not help them generate good sales numbers cos by just adding few lacs you get a Merc or a beemer or Audi .
I would say thats bad pricing .