Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2024, 21:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Which online classifieds / website did you successfully sell your car on?

We sold our Maruti Esteem many years ago, back when Spinny or OLX weren't around. Instead, we relied on our trusted mechanic to help us. In those days, buying or selling a used vehicle meant reaching out to mechanics to see if they knew of anyone interested. We informed one of our mechanics, and he connected us with a buyer, and everything went smoothly!

The same process worked for selling our Nano as well, with the help of our mechanic. So, I guess the old-fashioned way is still working just fine for us.
Old 6th April 2024, 21:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Only one personal experience to quote, of selling my Polo GT TSI to Mahindra First Choice attached to Tafe Skoda St Marks Road. The car was in shipshape and the assessor made no bones about acknowledging that. No test drive and one fair offer which I plonked for. I did not explore other avenues to maximise the bid price given the sheer effort saved.

RC transfer took 3 months+ from sale, but I was updated from time to time till the actual transfer.

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 6th April 2024 at 21:54.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 03:44   #63
BHPian

This is actually something I've been wanting to share for a while.

Somehow, all the cars I've sold have gone to fantastically enthusiastic owners who actually matched our prices with very less effort. Some of them are in touch even now, 5+ years later for some cars, and often saying that whenever you feel like selling your next car, please keep us in mind.

Some notable ones:

1. 2012 Innova VX (Type 3) -

We fixed the price with minimal negotiation over the span of time it takes from Worli to Colaba!

Dad had booked the Crysta, and listed the existing Innova on OLX. One buyer called while dad was on his daily commute to High Court. He started with an offer ( difference of 3 lakhs from the asking price), we didn't budge.

Then, while he was on the sealink, the buyer raised his offer to (-2 lakhs of the asking price. We still didn't budge. Then, on Worli Seaface, he he came up to (-1.5 lakhs of the asking price). We didn't budge.

Then, by the time it was Marine Drive, he called with an offer of (-1 Lakh). We countered at (-50k) and he said he'd like to see the car the same day and to lock him with a token amount. The next day he took delivery. One of the quickest car sales ever.

2. 2014 Honda City

Nah, this post isn't all about negotiations and taking pride in the same. The buyer was mighty impressed with the car and he sealed the deal. Just 6 months ago, he sent us a picture of the car (by then was 9 years old) and captioned it saying " Your car is still young. Please keep me in mind when you want to sell another car." The car was freshly polished in the picture and had new fresh license plates and it was spotless. It feels so good to know that your car's keeping its new owner just as happy as well.

3.2014 BMW 530d:

This is the one I'm most excited to share here. For the sole reason that the buyer cracked the deal remotely from down South, and stuck to the number even after he saw the car in real life. He drove it down back to his home spanning halfway across the country. He said that he saw my post on TeamBHP from when I bought the car and he said that he considers it of high regard that the car belongs to a BHPian.
He has showered it with insane amount of love going by the pictures he sent of a few cosmetic mods and a full detailing session.

Team-BHP is becoming an exceeding stamp of trust with every passing day.
Arnav612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 11:56   #64
BHPian

Sold my 2023 Venue SXO DCT off on Spinny.

Purchased for 15.60 L
Sold for 11.20 L
Listed on Spinny @ 13.50 L

Was quite no-nonsense and straightforward, they even undertook the entire procedure of closing the loan account & getting the NOC from Axis since they had a tie-up with them.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 09:25   #65

I had purchased a 2nd hand Celerio ZXI from Maruti True Value in 2020 June for 3.8lac(25k run) and sold off in Jan 2024 for 3.1lac(58k run) to Spinny.
The process was super smooth and RC transfer completed in 2 months.
They come and evaluate the vehicle and same day they provided the quote. You may negotiate if not happy and then finalize the deal.
Once deal is accepted, I scheduled the pick up for particaular day and 1 guy arrived and verified the documents uploaded in their system and transferred 3lac holding back 10k until RC transfer completes(This was mentioned initially before the deal). All this completed in 45min time.
Once RC transfer completed, they transferred the pending 10k amount.
I had checked with Cars24 and the showroom guy from whom I purchased the new vehicle, but the quotes were not even close to what spinny quoted and hence went ahead with it.
Old 8th April 2024, 09:33   #66

Sold off my Hyundai Verna Transform in Olx.
I had posted in Olx, Cars24, and Spinny, and they evaluated and quoted a price difference of 70K to 1L from the price I sold my car in Olx.

Many dealers were pinging continuously in Olx, but at last found a genuine buyer who visited, tested, got satisfied, and paid the advance amount at the same moment.
Only post taking the advance Cars24 jacked up the prices saying they could provide an additional 30K, but still, it was far much less than what I had sold it for.

The main criteria for me was the RC transfer, where Cars24 and Spinny quoted around ~3 months for the transfer, and in Telangana, if we already have a vehicle registered in our name we have to pay 2% extra which was around ~40K for my new Tata Safari.
Now the Olx buyer promised and changed the RC within 2 weeks, as it was one of the main criteria from my side before I sold it out.

Anyway happy ending and I feel comfortable that the new owner will take care of my first car (my wife named it Gudumu, and I used to call it Goobu fondly).
Old 8th April 2024, 10:42   #67
BHPian

Recently bid goodbye to my 13 yeard old Polo.

Checked prices on cars24 (2L) and spinny (1.8L and not interested in a discussion).

Checked with known people via contacts and found a trader who was happy get it at a much better price (2.4L) looking at the condition it was in.
Old 8th April 2024, 14:28   #68
BHPian

1. Which website did you successfully sell your car / bike on?
Sold my 2009 Maruti Swift Dzire Petrol on Spinny in Dec 2023

2. How was the experience?
Very smooth and trouble free. It was the first ever car that I sold and I did not knew selling cars is so easy!

3. Do tell us stories about the serious guys & timewasters.
Nothing much to share here. My goal was to get as much amount as possible for the car. Almost everyone (New car dealers for exchange, Used car buy/sell platforms) quoted 1.6 to 1.8 lacs for the car. Came to know from my friends that Spinny provides the best quote so approached them. Spinny also started with 1.8 lacs but their tone indicated that price is negotiable. A lady from Spinny was in constant touch over whatsapp with me and I must say that she was very responsive and helpful. She kept assuring that the best quote will be offered if I sell immediately. I mentioned they have to wait for about 3 weeks because that is the time when my new car is supposed to be delivered. They waited patiently and also finally increased the quote to 2.10 lacs!

4. How fast / slow did the sale happen? Did it take a lot of time to sell your car?
Was pretty fast.

5. Did you pay for the listing, or free?
Free

6. Did you get the expected price or did you have to go way below? For my Civic, I had to slash the price drastically as the model had poor demand in the used market (unlike the Corolla Altis).
Got more than expected price

7. Any tips or advice?
Talk to as many platforms as possible and go with the one giving best value.

End note:
The RC ownership transfer was also smooth with Spinny. I only had to sign a few documents and hand over to the Spinny representative. In less than two weeks, ownership was transferred (as confirmed on GOI's vahan portal).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks