Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: DIY: Renewal of Maharashtra (MH) Driving Licence online

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
I have couple of queries :-
1) For how long can you drive on Road with the expired license and are there fines if caught ?
Not sure of the specifics, but I was told that the RTO allows driving without your new license as long as you have the application number & payment receipt for a new license. However, I don't know how "official" this is.

Quote:
2) From the original thread if I understood correctly the online process is helpful only if the license entries are in RTO database. If not then one has to visit the local office to get the information uploaded ?
I would imagine so.

I'd also presume that if you already have a smart card license, your details have been added to the database at that stage. You can begin the process and check if they are there (last screenshot of Step 3 of my post).

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd August 2022 at 13:44.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:27   #17
BHPian

I am in process to renew my DL. My DL was about to expire, hence I decided to renew it well before the deadline. I tried to apply on the same link but found very difficult, since I wanted to -
1) Remove Transport category
2) Keep only Non-Transport 4W & 2W
3) Change the address & city.

So I got it done thru an agent. He said the process is normally taking 3 weeks.
After 3 weeks when I checked, my application was rejected for address proof reason. But I had added the readable Aadhar card copy. I am still wondering why it was rejected?
My agent again applied with the exactly same Aadhar copy & it got approved. Strange.

Now 39 days have passed but it is still showing as "Printing of DL in Form 7 - Pending". Once I get this 2W DL, I will again have to apply for a fresh 4W DL. This system is very pathetic, unrealistic.

I did not like the overall experience of the website & the system. This needs serious attention from government like they did in passport system.
AutoDowntowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 23:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
In June 2022 applied for address update on my license for Pune RTO. Uploaded documents and paid fees of Rs. 466.

Vahan site says no need to visit RTO and it's all contactless now.
However after a month of application got an SMS saying application on hold and need to upload Signed copy of my license again.
Did that but now even after a month of the second upload it's still stuck in scrutiny.
Status shows address proof accepted and licence copy awaiting.

Not sure if related but a few days in the local newspaper there was news about how Maharashtra RTOs are facing shortage of smart card for licence.

My last visit to MH12 RTO years back was not very user friendly so now stuck between the site saying not need to visit RTO office and the status stuck in scrutiny.
I did this procedure in April and you have to visit the RTO to submit your old DL and the supporting documents (Address proof). Once done, you can expect the license to be delivered in 15-20 days.
ronford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 14:45   #19
BHPian

Re: DIY: Renewal of Maharashtra (MH) Driving Licence online

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
Not sure if related but a few days in the local newspaper there was news about how Maharashtra RTOs are facing shortage of smart card for licence...
I got my renewed DL last week. So it took almost 6 weeks to get renewed smart card DL. Mine was stuck in last process - printing DL- for almost twoo weeks and one more week it took to get it through post.

Quote:
I have couple of queries :-
1) For how long can you drive on Road with the expired license and are there fines if caught ?
2) From the original thread if I understood correctly the online process is helpful only if the license entries are in RTO database. If not then one has to visit the local office to get the information uploaded ? Please can someone confirm.
For (1) I was told by RTO official that I need to keep a copy of receipt of DL renew fees payment in lieu of DL, and it will be Okay till I get DL, which he says 1 or 2 months. In my case it took almost one and half month, so you are okay with completion of process from your (applicant) side.
For (2), yes you have to visit RTO for what is called "backlog entry". What kind of documents are required, are mentioned in my first post. Pls review that. Also @Rohan has also attached pics on the process, which should be helpful to you for the whole DL renew process.
MiKeMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:15   #20
BHPian

Hi Friends , can you suggest on below situation :

- License expired and not available online in RTO database
- The owner is in city A and the license was made in hometown city B.
- DOB on the license is 10 years off ( ex 1991 is written as 1981)

Is there a way to renew such a license or making a new one is only option ?

- Checked with one RTO contact via third person and he said that when you visit with the document of your real DOB it may not be accepted since both are not matching so better to go for a new one from your existing city.

- In a normal situation one will first get the license backlog entry completed and get it online and then submit for renewal.
- However in this case since the DOB is wrong from the start how can one get it via backlog entry when the person does not have any documents reflecting incorrect DOB ?
- Would RTO office accept the real DOB document like 10th Marksheet or PAN card and update the DOB while updating an expired online ?

Can someone please suggest on this scenario.
Old 18th September 2022, 01:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has announced that from September 17th, a total of 58 services related to driving license, vehicle registration, permit, and transfer of ownership can now be availed online, eliminating the need to visit the RTO office. The services that can now be availed online include application for Learner License, replacement, renewal, or amendments in Driving License, issue of International Driving Permit, application for registration of motor vehicle, retention of Registration Number, application for transfer of ownership of motor vehicle, among other online services.

One can now avail these services from the comfort of their home with the help of Aadhaar authentication.

As per the notice issued on September 16, 2022, if any person does not have Aadhaar number, he/she may avail such services in physical form by establishing the identity by submitting an alternative document physically with respective RTO, as per earlier process.
Source: TOI

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st September 2022 at 14:21. Reason: Adding a source link
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 17:38   #22
Lij
BHPian

Came as a pleasant surprise that my DL renewal at MH03 RTO is done 100% online.
  • DL was to expire on 7th Jan 2023.
  • Applied online for renewal in 31st Dec 22. You can either do Aadhaar based verification or Sarathi verification. I opted for Aadhaar based verification. Later I realised that my DL had only first and last name, while Aadhaar had first, second and last names. So was not sure if it'll be rejected during verification stage at RTO.
  • I'm over 40 and would require medical certificate on form 1A. After applying online, I could see the option to download form 1A and was surprised to see that it came pre-filled with all my details including my photo from the DL.
  • Was in a dilemma whether to go with a government approved medical practitioner for the certificate. There is also a list available online on the certified doctors for each RTO. While shopping in my vicinity saw a clinic with a board stating medical certificate for LIC provided here. So took a chance and got the certificate signed and stamped there.
  • Uploaded the documents ( Form 1A and expiring DL) and paid the fees (₹ 472) online on 10th Jan 23.
  • Next step was scrutiny of documents at RTO and it didn't show any progress till 24th Jan. I was mentally prepared to visit the RTO over the coming weekend.
  • 25th Jan morning I recieved sms that scrutiny is complete. So next step is approval of DL.
  • Same day afternoon another sms that the DL is approved.

Now the 2 steps remaining is printing of DL in form 7 and dispatch through post.
But I need not really wait as the licence status is now updated in DigiLocker!!
Lij is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 06:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post

Now the 2 steps remaining is printing of DL in form 7 and dispatch through post.
But I need not really wait as the licence status is now updated in DigiLocker!!
Wow! Things are definitely changing albiet slowly. Is this service only in Mumbai or other cities as well?
Old 21st March 2023, 17:00   #24
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Wow! Things are definitely changing albiet slowly. Is this service only in Mumbai or other cities as well?
You will have to check he mparivahan site for your particular state.

For Mumbai, you go to license related services > other services and select Maharashtra as state, a pop-up comes that shows the list of contactless services. A similar list will be available for other states as well.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Renewal of Maharashtra (MH) Driving Licence online-mparivahan.jpg  

Lij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 17:39   #25
BHPian

I got my licence MH-12 RTO renewed absolutely hassle free in May 2022. It was done online and with no visit to RTO or any agent. Very transparent process and I received my DL in about 21 days. Felt good about the advances MoRTH has made. Kudos
FLYBOYSID is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 01:40   #26
rkw
BHPian

Process has become very hassle free now. I renewed my license in May 2021. Original license was of MH04 (Thane). But with my current base location, got the renewal done at MH14 (Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pune). All the process was done online except for physically visiting the RTO for submitting the old license. As can be seen from the posts here, I believe this requirement of physical visit to RTO has been done away with which is a welcome move for enhancing citizen friendly services.
Old 22nd March 2023, 17:48   #27

Thanks I followed all the procedure you have mentioned. But I am not able to download Form-1a, it says it is not required for this purpose. At same time without it I am not able to pay fees.
Old 20th April 2023, 18:31   #28
BHPian

My new RC (post renewal) shows updated fitness certificate date but I still see that tax validity has expired. I am getting warning for the same in mparivahan app as well.

Can someone from Karnataka who has done renewal of registration confirm if this is ok or I need to do something.
Old 29th April 2023, 13:31   #29
BHPian

Guys, quick query. My MH Pune DL is due to expire in 2 months. And it also needs a change of address. Can both be done under a single application?
Old 10th May 2023, 13:42   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post

[*] I'm over 40 and would require medical certificate on form 1A. After applying online, I could see the option to download form 1A and was surprised to see that it came pre-filled with all my details including my photo from the DL.
I am not over 40, yet it is asking me for medical certificate form 1A.

Can any doctor sign it or is there a link to specific doctors that can do so?

Last edited by Sahil : 10th May 2023 at 14:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks