Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 13:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari

Mod Note: Our Tata Jet Edition Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Tata Motors rolls out JET Edition of Nexon, Harrier and Safari.

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-20220827_132049.jpg

- Unique exterior colour Starlight, a dual-tone combination of earthy bronze body and a platinum silver roof.

- Jet black alloy wheels and silver skid plates at the front and rear.

- Luxurious dual-tone Oyster White & Granite black interior.

- The techno-steel bronze finish on the instrument panel along with the bronze accents on doors and floor consoles.

- JET embroidery on the front headrests.

Harrier and Safari Jet Edition

- Both cars will now be equipped with advanced ESP safety functions such as Driver Doze off alert, Panic Brake alert, After Impact Braking.

- C type USB charger in all rows for both cars.

- Winged Comfort Head Restraints on the second row bench and captain seats (only in the Safari).

- Electronic Parking Brake in manual and AT along with 4 disc brakes in Harrier.

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-smartselect_20220827130647_chrome.jpg

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-press27aug2203.jpg

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-press27aug2203a.jpg

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-press27aug2201.jpg

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-press27aug2201a.jpg

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-press27aug2202.jpg

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-press27aug2202a.jpg

Source

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2022 at 09:44. Reason: Link to report added
Venkatesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:35   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari

With all due respect to Tata Motors, this is lame. ‘Jet Edition’ seriously! The colour do like nice though.

Is all four disc brakes standard only on Jet edition for Harrier?
But since Tata motors is not doing anything wrong in terms of sales and market capture, this might work as well.
abhi_tjet is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:01   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
With all due respect to Tata Motors, this is lame. ‘Jet Edition’ seriously! The colour do like nice though.

Is all four disc brakes standard only on Jet edition for Harrier?
But since Tata motors is not doing anything wrong in terms of sales and market capture, this might work as well.
Looks like it. In the regular brochure, it shows up in the Jet Edition section.

Attaching the brochures for all 3.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tata Harrier Jet Edition Brochure.pdf (12.58 MB, 390 views)
File Type: pdf Tata Safari Jet Edition Brochure.pdf (798.6 KB, 263 views)
File Type: pdf Tata Nexon Jet Edition Brochure.pdf (3.58 MB, 361 views)
sweetvar26 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
The colour do like nice though.
Of course it is personal taste, but I did not find the colour attractive. Particularly the gold in the dashboard looks weird.
chinkara is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:44   #5
BHPian

Tata Motors evolutionary approach with the Harrier Jet edition appears to be consistent with it’s strategy over the last 2 years. Keep adding incremental features with every edition and sort of increase the price point as well. To their credit though, these feature additions are on the bucket list for many people e.g. ventilated seats earlier or the electronic parking brake now with the Jet edition. We do not appear very far from a really competitive product now (against feature rich Korean cars or the Mahindra ones) and even though the journey has been a long time coming, this is a strategy implemented consistently. What else do I want today?
1. Electronic steering
2. 360 camera
3. Infotainment upgrade with TPMS integration (am not sure if the recent versions already have this)
4. An NCAP rated car

Hopefully not too long now Tata!!!
Audik75 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:46   #6
BANNED

I have someone in my parking lot who has the Tata Safari White Gold Edition. That Gold garnish on the vehicle has now reduced its color to how an old brass tumbler looks like. I would stay away from this flashy (chrome alternative) from Tata.

Tata Dark Editions are very nice and good looking though

Last edited by MetalClank : 27th August 2022 at 14:56.
MetalClank is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:57   #7
BHPian

IMHO, Tata has done a good job. They are slowly introducing the much needed features and we can expect this to be offered in the standard variants as well. It’s part of their New Forever strategy and it shouldn’t be confused with facelift. IIRC, Tata introduced ventilated seats, air purifier, wireless AA etc. in the Safari gold edition which was later made available in as standard editions. And these are not just creature comforts this time. The much needed all disc brakes and EPB with auto hold has made it to Harrier. I’m pretty sure the facelift will have a better infotainment system (improvement in responsiveness and other performance parameters), 360 degree camera along with a bit more properly calibrated steering. ADAS is also a possibility but my humble request to Tata would be to skip ADAS and concentrate on making the product niggle free, improving QC etc. Really interesting to see how TATA and M&M are evolving.
techmotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 15:03   #8
BHPian

Tata Airlines was established in 1932 and this JET EDITION looks like celebrating 90 years of its inception by the group company Tata Motors.

Glad that they did not call it an Air India edition or a Maharaja edition.

Nexon gets a wireless charger even for the ICE versions. If so, do the ICE versions get the Electronic Parking Brake as well? The space occupied by the wireless charger does not enable a place for the manual parking brake. Could someone throw some light on this?

I am of the personal opinion that the ceramic strip that runs across the window sill and X factor at the rear could have been finished in silver as well.

I am a big fan of browns and the colour goes well with all cars, for example The Bakers Chocolate in Ritz, Kyara in the old Verna, Caffeine Brown for the S-Cross.
Adorablejim is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 15:37   #9
BHPian

Official Press Release from Tata motors with regards to jet editions.

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 27th August 2022 at 15:40.
XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 16:31   #10
BHPian

I have a hunch that Tata would overtake the number of special editions that Volkswagen India made for the Vento!
TechnoBloop is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 16:58   #11
BHPian

Interesting strategy this, but any word on whether 1st Gen cars can be updated with these latest features? Any programme in the works?
Old 27th August 2022, 19:58   #12

Tata motors seem to be ensuring low waiting time and upgrading their products based on semiconductor availability.
I expect them to introduce these functional Features in regular models within 2-3 months as they did with the Kaziranga edition.

They do not seem to provide upgrade option to sold vehicles.
Old 27th August 2022, 20:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
I have a hunch that Tata would overtake the number of special editions that Volkswagen India made for the Vento!
Tata motors now have Dark edition for all SUVs ,it’s just like the Monte Carlo edition of Skoda cars then comes Gold edition for Safari ,Kaziranga edition for all SUVs & now followed up by Jet.

How much these editions sell versus the usual variants need a proper study to come to any conclusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-1e1c791e884f456699d70243f6d8f949.jpeg  

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-a0d5cd5406364810b3bd54e6ee7b4056.jpeg  

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-c653ab4e912a4800b94cbc655b144b49.jpeg  

Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari-07c7c5cd4f7c478aaafc89d834000633.png  

Attached Images

XRoader_001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 20:21   #14
BHPian

I don’t find these editions evince any interest in me ( especially they appear often than once in a blue moon ), as they hardly offer anything functional but just cosmetic changes and accessories. Are Indians so gullible, pay higher price for cosmetic changes?
I rather find mahindra options better, especially with different engine and transmission options, RWD and 4x4 option in Scorpio-N. I prefer to see RWD cars and SUVs from Tata, especially if they claim to bring tech from JLR, they should bring solid and true SUVs than bring on different color shades, garnishes, etc
cs_rajesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 21:45   #15
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches Jet Edition Nexon, Harrier and Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
they hardly offer anything functional but just cosmetic changes and accessories. Are Indians so gullible, pay higher price for cosmetic changes?
These are not cosmetic changes, and they will eventually roll down to all top variants of the Safari/Harrier:

- Both cars will now be equipped with advanced ESP safety functions such as Driver Doze off alert, Panic Brake alert, After Impact Braking.

- C type USB charger in all rows for both cars.

- Winged Comfort Head Restraints on the second row bench and captain seats (only in the Safari).

-*Electronic Parking Brake in manual and AT along with 4 disc brakes in Harrier.

I much prefer these changes over RWD or 4x4 because, like most Indian consumers, a FWD is all I need for our usage and we're looking for a car that gets us from A to B, safely and comfortably. The only useful things Safari/Harrier are missing now are a '360 camera' and a '5-star NCAP rating'. Once these two arrive, I think Safari/Harrier are better for most Indian consumers than the Mahindra SUVs. I'm afraid we have to wait for the petrol version to get these.
Safari Persona is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks