Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 09:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Alturas G4 2WD High variant launched at Rs. 30.68 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
A good move by Mahindra!
I've been reading about people jumping from XUV 700 and Scorpio-N to Tucson / Harrier / Safari due to long waiting periods. And by introducing a 2WD variant of its flagship BOF SUV, M&M wants the fence jumpers to stay within the stable!
Indeed a good move, trying to breathe fresh life into a dead product. People are now comfortable plonking ~30 lakhs on a Tata/Mahindra today as compared to when this car was launched. Wish Mahindra would market this awesome car a bit more and give customers the confidence that this product is here to stay. I would any day buy this over the over-priced and under packaged Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
There are already plenty of diesel 4x2's in this range but the real gap is in the petrol 4x4 segment.
No good quality BOF 7 seater SUV at 30 lakhs available today. Even the Fortuner petrol costs 4 lakhs more ex-showroom while the diesel auto costs 7 lakhs more, and they dont get half the features this Alturas gets. This one is shattering value in my opinion. But then shattering value was always a Alturas proposition, still people never bought it because Mahindra did not do enough to sell it i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I few days back, I got a chance to pass by this rare specimen. I must say that I was truly impressed by its external appearance. Gorgeous! I don't know what's keeping people away from this.
Ironically, IMO, the non offensive looks may have been one reason why the crowds stayed away. This just does not stand out design wise, as its competitors do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cka View Post
Sharing the pics from the training of Dealership personnel. Interesting to see how they are comparing spare parts prices with Fortuner.
What is interesting for me is that they say that the Alturas has comfortable 3rd row seating. Marketing teams live in a different world i guess. IMO the 3rd rows in the Alturas is the worst in class Not sure whether they have re-introduced the spare wheel. That they should definitely do. A vehicle of this size without a spare can mean lot of trouble when it is taken into tough road conditions.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 24th September 2022 at 09:31.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 09:23   #17
BHPian

All Mahindra has to do is to quietly stop selling this for a few months, make exterior and interior styling changes and reduce the luxury quotient a bit and relaunch as XUV 900. This might be a huge gamble though as they would not want to dilute the XUV pedigree with a flop show. It may sell as hot cakes, who knows.
gb97ce6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 09:57   #18
rbp
BHPian

I had a chance to checkout the Alturas a few weeks back, this vehicle is so well put together, quality wise it is miles ahead of the new gen Scorpio that was parked next to it, the door heft, dash quality, interiors everything felt a step above the new Scorpio, yet the Scorpio has more demand. The Alturas was immediately available for delivery and the pricing wasn't as bad. Honestly, people looking at the Scorpio should give the Alturas a thought.

Last edited by rbp : 24th September 2022 at 09:58. Reason: Spelling correction
rbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 16:48   #19
BHPian

@Mahindra - Please give this thing to Pratap and let him wave his wand. Name it TUV 900. We shall lap it up.
wild child is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 18:22   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is probably the only SUV in the 30 - 40 lakh space that is still well-priced. And it's pretty darn competent too . Click here to check our short review out. Big size, nice interiors, competent engine & gearbox, but busy ride quality (like most big body-on-frame SUVs).

gb97ce6 & wild child took the words right out of my mouth. Let the talented Pratap give it a minor facelift, relaunch it as the XUV900 or even XUV1000, and watch it fly out of the showroom.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 20:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra has sold SsangYong, I am sure Mahindra would’ve considered rebranding it to XUV900. But if you won’t get parts and have limited inventory there is absolutely no sense in rebranding it now.

Had Mahindra rebranded the car to XUV900 before it’s launch, then it would’ve been a different story altogether.

Mahindra is clearing their inventory, they are out of 4WD systems, so the higher variant that was initially offered with the 4WD system is now the 2WD High variant.

Yes, the car is extremely well built, has a well appointed interior and is cheaper compared to its competitors but that’s about it now.

Both XUV700 and Scorpio N are superior products offered at a cheaper price compared to the Alturas G4. And out of these three cars, the 3rd row of the Alturas is the worst.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 24th September 2022 at 20:10.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks