Team-BHP - Is Optra a no no
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is Optra a no no (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2579-optra-no-no-4.html)

Saw this Optra with 15inchers 205/55 Michelins

A riced Optra, Diesel with VGIS, lol..

Rudra,

I got my Optra Royale in Oct 06, done about 10 K Kms since then - no complaints ,except for the gear shift which is stiff .Ofcourse if it should have had climate control AC,ABS and airbags.

The stereo fitted in the Royale is super and the Stanley leather interiors are classy.

Hey sandeep, that's 10k kms to drive back from October to August, via Sept ! Hope the drive was fun

Quote:

Ofcourse if it should have had climate control AC,ABS and airbags.
It has all that in the top of line LT version. You cant expect to get everything thrown in for free! Can you??

Should we go in for a Corolla executive or H1 compared to Optra 1.6 LT, NHC Gxi, SX4 Zxi or the Aveo topend. All the others except Corolla are priced about the same.
OTR prices are:
Corolla HE : 9.65 (after 35000 disc)
Corolla H1 : 10.55 (with ABS / airbags) (after 50000 disc)
NHC GXi : 8.13 (No disc.)
Optra 1.6 LT : 7.61 (With MP3) (after 100000 disc)
Aveo topend : 7.73 (with ABS and Airbags) (after 20000 disc)
SX4 ZXi : 7.63 (with Abs and Airbags) (No disc)

I'm getting a new OPTRA 1.6 LT at an on road price lower than NHC Gxi. Should I buy it? Any known or unknown issues? Any feedback will be appreciated.

The car is for my uncle 73 yrs. old, he wants Comfort, and Image, decent city mileage - since running is 1000 km city 250 km highway per month. Mainly chauffer driven. Car for 5 yrs at least.
(For Corolla he really has to stretch his budget past his mental comfort level). Which will be the most VFM?

I think the Optra will be the most VFM, at that price it comes with MP3, Lumbar Support, Sunroof and Leather Seats which other cars miss out on.

Go for the Optra, it doesnot have any issues as such only gearshift is not the best and the 1.6 engine wont make you win any drag race, but your uncle wont be dragging.

Quote:

I'm getting a new OPTRA 1.6 LT at an on road price lower than NHC Gxi. Should I buy it?
Yes! At that price, it is amazing VFM. You get a car which is a complete segment higher, and the ride is far better than the NHC. Go for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha (Post 527510)
I'm getting a new OPTRA 1.6 LT at an on road price lower than NHC Gxi. Should I buy it? Any known or unknown issues? Any feedback will be appreciated.

You're kidding, right? You can't be serious:Frustrati ......OF COURSE, you should buy it, run to the dealer now if you haven't already.

Very comfortable rear seat, just right for your uncle, good VFM (I assume this comes with a three year service holiday as well), looks AND performance way better than the NHC GXI. What are you waiting for mate, just do it!

7.61 L OTR - that is way too good a prce for Optra LT - topend - sunroof alone costs 40k + you get leather interiors . everything - go for it mate - its a damn good car at that price !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 528269)
7.61 L OTR - that is way too good a prce for Optra LT - topend - sunroof alone costs 40k + you get leather interiors . everything - go for it mate - its a damn good car at that price !!

Sorry! should have been the Elite and not LT.sorry:

anytime anytime anytime.... did i said "anytime" @ this price !!!