Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 18:41   #121
BHPian

re: Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs

I am not sure this is the right thread but didn't want to start another thread for this post. I have test driven the City CVT and eHEV thrice now. I got back pain every time I test drove this car. Not just me, but wife and kid complained of back pain as well. Our daily drive is a ecosport diesel. When I test drove the city this time, I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the seats and steering to my liking, yet the back pain got to me in less than 5 minutes into the test drive. Is there anything I am missing?

I was actually looking for a diesel automatic and had reluctantly shortlisted the sonet (it costs 18.5 lacs on road in Bangalore by the way!!). But after test driving the city, I think I can make an exception and get the petrol CVT, which is ages ahead in build quality compared to the tinny sonet and only costs a lakh more on road. But only if i could solve this inexplicable back pain conundrum!
Old 27th February 2023, 19:10   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I am not sure this is the right thread but didn't want to start another thread for this post. I have test driven the City CVT and eHEV thrice now. I got back pain every time I test drove this car. Not just me, but wife and kid complained of back pain as well. Our daily drive is a ecosport diesel. When I test drove the city this time, I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the seats and steering to my liking, yet the back pain got to me in less than 5 minutes into the test drive. Is there anything I am missing?

I was actually looking for a diesel automatic and had reluctantly shortlisted the sonet (it costs 18.5 lacs on road in Bangalore by the way!!). But after test driving the city, I think I can make an exception and get the petrol CVT, which is ages ahead in build quality compared to the tinny sonet and only costs a lakh more on road. But only if i could solve this inexplicable back pain conundrum!
Myself own a sedan an Altis automatic and I drive about 1500-2000 kms in highways a month. You need to be very careful in adjusting the seat in a sedan as compared to the one in a SUV where you sit on a little higher-up position. I also know couple of my friends who moved to SUV from a sedan to overcome the back pain. Having said thus, it does not necessarily mean driving a sedan aggravates the back pain. The sedans have a natural tendency to keep you intact in corners and offers a more cushy and comfy ride. You just need to be little more careful with your seating position that ensures a relaxed position till such time you find a comfortable posture.
The city is known for its bouncy nature particularly in highway speeds. The hybrid is said to overcome this problem because of the the presence of battery pack in the rear coupled with a beefed up suspension tune.

Last edited by CArspeed : 27th February 2023 at 19:14. Reason: Added the issue with respect to the City
CArspeed is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 19:15   #123
BHPian

Quote:
When I test drove the city this time, I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the seats and steering to my liking, yet the back pain got to me in less than 5 minutes into the test drive. Is there anything I am missing?
The back pain is probably a result of getting in and out of the City which sits quite low and does take some effort. Maybe you could try again with the driver seat raised higher. The back support and the seats felt pretty alright to me. It could also be as a result of the clutch usage in case you tested the MT. The review of the Civic(even lower!)has this point mentioned. Back pain felt in the diesel MT but no such trouble in the petrol CVT.

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 27th February 2023 at 19:16.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 06:19   #124
BHPian

Quote:
I have the 5G City CVT, I too have this back pain problem. When I was shortlisting I was also looking for a SUV to overcome this, but ended buying City.

As others mentioned I had adjusted the seat height to a higher position and I am using it, no major concerns so far. Getting out is little cumbersome.
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 09:32   #125

Not sure why Honda India is not using the modern infotainment used in Jazz, Civic in other markets even in the facelift version. Reviews were quite positive about the infotainment in Civic and Jazz. The new Jazz has it's infotainment in a similar position to the City.

Also the Civic, Jazz steering wheel looks better and more modern. Guess Honda India didn't want to put more effort into the City facelift.
Old 28th February 2023, 15:21   #126

Hello Folks,

I really like the rear bumper of the new facelift. This(Rear Bumper) was one of the things which I disliked on my 5th Gen 2022 Honda City. Would it be possible to retrofit this facelifted bumper(s) onto mine ?

Thanks !
Old 28th February 2023, 20:28   #127

Just 2 days before the official launch of the New 2023 Honda City, I got a chance to have a look at that car in the stockyard, and here are some photos and thoughts about it.

The car comes in 3 variant(ICE, Non hybrid), that is V, VX and ZX.
The cars were locked hence i couldn't cover the interiors properly.
ZX comes with an all leather upholstery in the interiors along with a semi/fully digital MID(The car was off hence couldn't figure it out) where as the remaining two models comes with a traditional analog MID.

Apart from that, the ZX variant gets a Full LED Headlights, gets a carbon finished front and rear diffuser, a spoiler, a different diamond cut front grill, 16inch alloy(15inch in the V and VX variant) and a sun blind for the back glass which is manually operated. (ZX variant is the grey colour colour and VX is the new blue colour car)

All the variants gets ADAS as Standard which includes lane tracing, adaptive cruise control and pre collision soft and hard braking.

PS. This is my first post on team bhp, apologies for any newbie mistake.

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7238.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7239.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7240.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7241.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7242.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7243.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7244.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-img_7245.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 28th February 2023 at 20:29.
Pistonhead1212 is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 20:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonhead1212 View Post
This lower variant front grille looks much better than the top ZX variant one. Looks very clean!
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 22:17   #129
Senior - BHPian

I am confused as to the 'facelift' part of this facelift.
Maky is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 00:08   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I am confused as to the 'facelift' part of this facelift.
Looks like City was sent to the barber shop to trim the thick chrome moustache . Same thing happened in 2017 at the time of 4th gen facelift.
Personally, I think this facelift version looks better than mine.
Learner is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 01:07   #131
BHPian

Honda needs to do something to their interiors!! They seem too dull and blah compared to the competition.
Honda is one company which has everything required to be on top except aggression and execution!!
SN88 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 06:57   #132
BHPian

Disappointing end to all speculations of getting a proper update at par with the current competition. Better wait for next generation City now, which should have some design elements of current gen Civic on the exterior and interior.
Old 1st March 2023, 07:28   #133
BHPian

Looks like a Tata to me ��

What on earth are Honda thinking. They just refuse to update themselves, does not look like they've learned anything.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 10:09   #134
Senior - BHPian

Honda City facelift type approval certificate.

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230301_100808.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230301_100819.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 10:47   #135
Senior - BHPian

Officially from Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-fqg4sxragaalmtb.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed