Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 08:46   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
As a city owner who has also driven the Hybrid version, what according to your assessment has the hybrid version overcome the negatives (1.High speed manners, 2.Cabin Insulation, 3.Tinny Built), that you have observed in the regular 5th Gen. Whether the better fit and finish and suspension translate into better high speed manners and a better cabin insulation etc…?
As for the City hybrid, the suspension is definitely retuned. Perhaps they have stiffened the rear up a bit, maybe it is the additional weight of the battery, but the continuous up and down motion you get from the back of a petrol City at speed is lesser. Drive is more settled and mature.

As for the insulation and NVH part, it feels a lot better simply on account of the hybrid powertrain.

1. For a large part of your city drive, the engine is simply off or is gently purring. As it is a refined 4 cylinder, it is hard to discern. It is far better than the Hyryder hybrid and is very very good indeed.

2. The electric torque means you get instant go without having to make the engine work hard. Just feels effortless. With the iVTEC, you’d need to drop 2 gears and floor it to get this kind of move on. That means noise, which the hybrid does without in most urban conditions.

At higher speeds, road and wind noise creep in, just like a petrol City. But the powertrain is quiet for most part. Unless you are driving hard, where the system maintains high rpm without you having direct control of it (just how this hybrid system works). But for most of the time, it is a serene driving experience.

At 18-19L on road, a V trim City hybrid will be a truly unique and VFM offering that will attract all sorts of buyers shopping in the 15L to 25L price range. But again, price will be key.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 20th February 2023 at 08:57.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:16   #77
BHPian

Many people have complained regarding the moving of the head lamp assembly during driving, poor fog lamp throw, rattles and glare on the infotainment system. Has anyone faced this issue ? If so hopefully they have fixed all these issues. Am planning to buy the Honda city CVT for my Mother as a replacement to her old 2007 city ZX manual. Mostly city drives and who will be chauffeur driven 70% of the time. Confused between Virtus, Honda city and the upcoming Verna !
aypatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:34   #78
BHPian

Sorry, please correct me if I am mistaken but I don't see any noticeable difference from the Hybrid city which is available now.

Unfortunately I think Honda is running out of ideas and interest in the Indian market. I see them exiting in the next 3-5 years.
Bhodrolok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hope Honda India has worked on the insulation to reduce road noise, particularly from the rear
Old 20th February 2023, 14:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Sorry, please correct me if I am mistaken but I don't see any noticeable difference from the Hybrid city which is available now.

Unfortunately I think Honda is running out of ideas and interest in the Indian market. I see them exiting in the next 3-5 years.
Yes, Honda could have used this oppurtunity to correct all the mistakes they have done with the city but the reality is harsh.
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 15:12   #81
BHPian

The car was fine, the design wasn't bad to start with. All the facelift truly needed were ventilated seats, projector LED headlamps and a proper infotainment system with a slightly better camera on the reverse and left wing.
I speak from ownership woes.

None of it seems evident in the upcoming offerings :(

Last edited by lemedico : 20th February 2023 at 15:14.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:48   #82
BHPian

Looks like the only saving grace would be hybrid availability in lower trim(s).
A 360 camera along with ventilated seats and an upgraded HU would have given a much needed boost to Honda sales and fans.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:49   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
The car was fine, the design wasn't bad to start with.(
Honda has rarely listened to its customer feedback. They are just extremely lazy. In october 2022, my family and me had visited a honda showroom in banglore to check out the new city and the showroom experience wasn't great. The salesman were least intrested to attend their customers. I must say that Honda dealers (not all) are very overconfident about their cars, especially city. Honda India should wake up from its laziness and bring something new and different. The golden era of honda in India is currently on the deathbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Yes, the honda city's v variant is going to get a sunroof too which will attract many people. They just have to price it right. I want honda to lauch a non adas version of city zx hybrid too. Removing ADAS will bring the cost down by atleast 1.5 lakhs.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th February 2023 at 17:25.
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 17:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
A 360 camera along with ventilated seats and an upgraded HU would have given a much needed boost to Honda sales and fans.
I guess they are saving all that for the upcoming I don't know what R-V SUV. The City has been selling decently anyways so probably not much of a problem for now but the upcoming new Verna will pose a serious threat considering how packed with features the Korean cars are. Honda should offer electric park brake with brake hold at least on the ZX considering it's a city car and the chaos on the roads isn't getting any better. It could be a standout feature in the segment.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 17:06   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
I guess they are saving all that for the upcoming I don't know what R-V SUV. The City has been selling decently anyways so probably not much of a problem for now but the upcoming new Verna will pose a serious threat considering how packed with features the Korean cars are. Honda should offer electric park brake with brake hold at least on the ZX considering it's a city car and the chaos on the roads isn't getting any better. It could be a standout feature in the segment.

True, but I think Honda is just happy providing all disc brakes and electronic parking brake(auto hold) in the hybrid version.
With the lower hybrid variant available hopefully at an acceptable price, I'm sure there would be a decent percentage of conversions of people opting for petrol variant to the hybrid. Let's see what combos they come up with in the March release

Last edited by jaysonline : 20th February 2023 at 17:08.
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 17:08   #86
BHPian

The honda city's base hybrid variant is the on to wait for in the whole city lineup. I'm mostly excited for the base hybrid variant.
Old 20th February 2023, 19:01   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post

Let's give them a chance with their crossover offerings.

By the way, Honda made a profit in the previous quarter! I don't see them exiting in the near term.
Old 20th February 2023, 20:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

It’s high time Honda gets a turbo engine, atleast in top ends. The 1.5 vtec is no match to 1.5 and 1.4 turbo engines from VAG and Hyundai / Kia.
Honda has been the most laziest in India, when it comes to engines. They are still offering the same engines which they had 15 years back, with some minor changes. The hybrid is the only exception to this.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 21:32   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What exactly and where exactly are the changes in this face-lift. Apart from the fog lamp garnish blending into the front bumper I could not see any exterior changes.

It looks just like my City Hybrid or maybe I am getting old.
Exactly the thought I had
Old 20th February 2023, 22:03   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
Many people have complained regarding the moving of the head lamp assembly during driving, poor fog lamp throw, rattles and glare on the infotainment system. Has anyone faced this issue ?
1. The LED headlamp assembly only moves a bit when going over huge rumble strips at high speeds, never on normal roads. I have no idea about the halogen setup.

2. Fog lamps are plain useless, nothing more to say.

3. I have not faced any infotainment screen rattle issue but yes, there is a lot of glare, especially under bright sunlight. Visibility even with full brightness is bad under harsh sunlight.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks