Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 13:07   #61
BHPian

re: Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs

Hello, I also feel that Honda should price New City around 25k to 40k expensive than the current one for the non hybrid variants & I am sure it will not be much more expensive than the current one, may be they price it similar to current one.

City Hybrid, if Honda launch in VX & ZX variants without ADAS, then it will be interesting to see how they price it. I think VX Hybrid without ADAS should be in the ballpark of 16 lacs ex showroom.

My biggest wish list is better exterior rear look, 195/55/r16 section tyres in VX & ZX, better head unit & high resolution reverse & 360 degree camera & around 400 litre boot space in hybrid variants, if they can somehow extract space in the boot (which seems impossible).

My next company car is due in April 2023 and if Honda manage to bring significantly better car, specially hybrid one, then probably I replace my 2018 City VMT with City VX Hybrid (I am die-hard fan of Honda City).

Realistically, I don't have much hope though.
Old 17th February 2023, 13:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Otherwise, everyone knows that its build, drive, ride and handling are all inferior to every CSUV in the market today. .
Shreyans, not to derail the facelift thread, but very keen to know on the factual basis of this statement. I've recently purchased a City ZX CVT (5th Gen) and I have extensively evaluated all the C-SUVs on offer in the sub 20-lakh segment, as on Jun 22. All of them have fallen short of expectations on comfort, safety, reliability, delivery time or quality. I have detailed my pre sale experience here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5293974 (The usual Compact-SUV dilemma)

Keen to know your inputs
revverend is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 17:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
A major factor behind the decent sales numbers of the Gen5 City is its pricing, which comes across as fairly value for money. Otherwise, everyone knows that its build, drive, ride and handling are all inferior to every CSUV in the market today. Honda better not mess up this VFM proposition, for it will find it difficult to complete purely on merit when the price is same.
Have to disagree quite a bit.

Disclaimer though, just brought two 5th gens in my household, one for myself and my brother.

For me, the stand out features of the 5th gen is its engine, ride quality and steering. Build quality is easily on par with VW/Skoda and the Hyundai offerings especially in ZX trim.

The Engine is butter smooth, tractable, efficient, decent mid range but unmatched top end and sounds great. Easily a match if not outright better than 1 litre 3 potters.
Low to medium speed ride quality is excellent. Put 195/60 section rubber and its like driving on pillows. Its soft and complaint and has adequate body control. Now I haven't taken mine above 120 yet, but below 120 kph there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way this car rides.
And something that people usually leave out while talking about the 5th gen is its steering. It is excellent, very well weighted and good on centre feel.

They could ve done more with keeping road noise lower and its a bit behind when it comes to tech and dazzle. No 21 inch screens and led dazzling in the inside, but nothing wrong with the foundation.
nakul0888 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 10:18   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
Shreyans, not to derail the facelift thread, but very keen to know on the factual basis of this statement. I've recently purchased a City ZX CVT (5th Gen) and I have extensively evaluated all the C-SUVs on offer in the sub 20-lakh segment, as on Jun 22. All of them have fallen short of expectations on comfort, safety, reliability, delivery time or quality. I have detailed my pre sale experience here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5293974 (The usual Compact-SUV dilemma)

Keen to know your inputs
I've driven the more expensive City Hybrid as well as the Skoda and VW counterparts.

The Skoda/VW don't have the fit and finish but are much better built. The doors feel heavier and when sitting inside you feel far more cocooned than in the Honda. There is some sense of robustness the Skoda/VW offer. Plastics and feel are better in the Honda.

The Honda is nice to drive with good steering feel and refined NA engine. But if you compare it with the 1.5L TSI engines it doesn't match. It's definitely better than the 1.0L.

The issue with the City is that it just doesn't feel as well built. When sitting inside the City a lot more of the outside ambient noise of traffic is heard inside, you hear the suspension working over bad roads more than the engine. The suspension is plush but a tad too soft and doesn't give anywhere the same confidence at triple digit speeds. The car feels lighter and less of a cocoon feel.

Overall it's a comfortable, reliable and practical car but there's more to it than those 3 parameters.
Vid6639 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 13:06   #65
BHPian

The honda city facelift has leaked online. Looks way better than the current one, here are the pics:Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_010207.png

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_010300.png

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_010319.png

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_010330.png

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_010425.png
MotorDev is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 13:16   #66
BHPian

It has got blue colour too:
Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_011426.png zx

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_011440.png vx

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_011450.png v
MotorDev is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 14:38   #67
BHPian

Whoa awesome! It's probably the brilliant sporty blue metallic shade. The last non mainstream colour in Honda's colour pallette post 2016 was the premium amber metallic on the WR-V before being discontinued. Too early to comment but, I'm unable to find the seat ventilation buttons in the attached images. And what's that hook like thing near the sunroof control switches? Overall, looks more sporty now. Nice update! Hopefully by 2030, Honda provides black interior upholstery as an option.

Ha looks like they've corrected it now. The current model is showing up again.

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 18th February 2023 at 14:46.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 12:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
A major factor behind the decent sales numbers of the Gen5 City is its pricing, which comes across as fairly value for money. Otherwise, everyone knows that its build, drive, ride and handling are all inferior to every CSUV in the market today. Honda better not mess up this VFM proposition, for it will find it difficult to complete purely on merit when the price is same.
I totally disagree with the statement that City's build, drive, ride and handling is inferior to every CSUV available today! CSUVs actually have harder suspension making it uncomfortable on bad roads. City is much more superior to some of the Korean and other Japanese offerings!
heysac is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 15:01   #69
BHPian

Looks good in the blue shade. Disappointing to see the same infotainment screen in the leak.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 15:35   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
For me, the stand out features of the 5th gen is its engine, ride quality and steering. Build quality is easily on par with VW/Skoda and the Hyundai offerings.

The Engine is butter smooth
Low to medium speed ride quality is excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
Shreyans, not to derail the facelift thread, but very keen to know on the factual basis of this statement. I've recently purchased a City ZX CVT (5th Gen) and I have extensively evaluated all the C-SUVs on offer in the sub 20-lakh segment, as on Jun 22. All of them have fallen short of expectations on comfort, safety, reliability, delivery time or quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
I totally disagree with the statement that City's build, drive, ride and handling is inferior to every CSUV available today! CSUVs actually have harder suspension making it uncomfortable on bad roads. City is much more superior to some of the Korean and other Japanese offerings!
The iVTEC engine is efficient and is a decent performer, but fact is that it is outclassed by every turbo petrol in the market, and every single competitor offers that. Build quality, again is acceptably decent with the Gen5 but everything else, from Creta, Seltos, Virtus, Slavia and Hyryder to Sonet, Venue and Nexon at the other end, they are all better built. City has good low speed ride, but so does just about every other car in the price range. The couple of exceptions reward you with FAR SUPERIOR handling at three digit speeds. Again, City's high speed manners are the worst among the competitors, about par with the Astor. Cabin insulation is worst in class. The infotainment screen and audio system are a decade behind everyone else.

City has a definite advanage in terms of rear seat and boot space. It is a reliable car and the cabin is pleasing to the eye. That's about it. We are in 2023, and the market has moved ahead. Honda hasn't. City as a product hasn't changed much over the last 10-15 years. The way it drives, it still comes across as a typically tinny car in a very Maruti kind of way. Even then, it is a compelling package for the casual buyer. And the price plays a huge part in that. Honda did not increase prices anywhere near as much as the others after Covid and that is why it still comes across as VFM. If they jack up the prices now, this value proposition will be lost.

Nothing personal here, I am a City owner myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I've driven the more expensive City Hybrid as well as the Skoda and VW counterparts.

The Skoda/VW don't have the fit and finish but are much better built.
Overall it's a comfortable, reliable and practical car but...
City hybrid's fit and finish is a lot better than the normal petrol City. Difference is immediately apparent when you sit in the two back to back. The suspension is also more planted. Rear does not bounce around as much.

Your assessment is absolutely spot on

Eagerly looking forward to the hybrid being launched in the lower variants. That will be a game changer. Personally, I'll take a Honda hybrid over a turbo petrol any day. City as a product is overall better than the Hyryder hybrid and this one chnage will make it just as accessible.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 19th February 2023 at 15:42.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 16:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Again, City's high speed manners are the worst among the competitors, about par with the Astor.
Cabin insulation is worst in class.
The infotainment screen and audio system are a decade behind everyone else.
The way it drives, it still comes across as a typically tinny car in a very Maruti kind of way.
City hybrid's fit and finish is a lot better than the normal petrol City. Difference is immediately apparent when you sit in the two back to back. The suspension is also more planted. Rear does not bounce around as much.
Personally, I'll take a Honda hybrid over a turbo petrol any day.
As a city owner who has also driven the Hybrid version, what according to your assessment has the hybrid version overcome the negatives (1.High speed manners, 2.Cabin Insulation, 3.Tinny Built), that you have observed in the regular 5th Gen. Whether the better fit and finish and suspension translate into better high speed manners and a better cabin insulation etc…?
Old 19th February 2023, 16:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

What exactly and where exactly are the changes in this face-lift. Apart from the fog lamp garnish blending into the front bumper I could not see any exterior changes.

It looks just like my City Hybrid or maybe I am getting old.
Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 17:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
The honda city facelift has leaked online. Looks way better than the current one,
Even I can't spot significant differences. I was hoping it would look like this image that was doing the rounds with lesser chrome in the front.

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot-20230219-6.12.48-pm.png

If they increase the process by 1-1.5 lacs then City will take a hit in terms of numbers for sure. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the hike won't justify the features added.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th February 2023 at 18:14. Reason: Please upload images/attachments to T-BHP (quote source as appropriate) instead of posting external links. Thanks.
heysac is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 19:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Even I can't spot significant differences. I was hoping it would look like this image that was doing the rounds with lesser chrome in the front.

Attachment 2420430

If they increase the process by 1-1.5 lacs then City will take a hit in terms of numbers for sure. Someone on this thread had mentioned that the hike won't justify the features added.

There aren't any significant changes in the new city but the front and the alloys look better too may when compared to the old one. But at the same time i'm not a fan of the rear bumper.

Coming to the prices, I think it goes like this,

ZX CVT [ For ADAS, wirless connectivity and some changes] prices will be increased by 1.5 lakhs atleast.

VX prices might be increased by 20 to 30k as there aren't many changes to the updated vx version.

V prices will increase by 40 to 65k as sunroof and some features like chrome door handles have been added.

Honda hasn't done many changes and the interior is dissapointing when compared to the competition. It's too early to comment but when I checked the configurator, there aren't many changes to the city.
MotorDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:58   #75
BHPian

For those who hate chrome, presenting my shoddy 10 minute edit using the cellphone.

Oops, I just realised that I could've just copied the image from the RS versions. Anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_010207.png  

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-screenshot_20230218_0114261.png  

Last edited by inwester : 20th February 2023 at 00:06.
inwester is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks