Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2022, 11:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon

The Skoda Slavia has been on sale in India for around six months. Now, the carmaker is planning to launch the Monte Carlo edition.

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-2022skodaslavia38.jpg

Petr Solc, Director - Sales & Marketing, Skoda Auto India, has stated that having launched the Kushaq Monte Carlo and its first-anniversary edition, the carmaker now plans to introduce the Slavia Monte Carlo.

"Skoda wants its top-selling models Slavia and Kushaq to be well-established in the Indian market. And the company feels that one way to ensure that would be by introducing special edition models," Solc added.

The Monte Carlo will be the top-spec trim in the Slavia range. At present, the average monthly sales of the Slavia are around 2,000 units. The launch of the new variant is expected to add to the car's volumes.

The Slavia Monte Carlo edition is expected to be offered with 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI engines with a choice of manual and automatic transmissions.

Source: Car and Bike

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 15:01   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon

Who on earth told this guy that launching special editions will boost sales? Skoda and VW has a customer base which would buy the cars knowing what they are. Not because something is fancy or not fancy. What the company needs to do at the moment is to expand it's footprint, improve customer experience to promote word of mouth feedback and ensure that long term maintenance and service aspects are taken care of. There is some effort done to address these issues, but it is still sometime away from completely done. What is also needed is a hatchback to guarantee higher numbers from the aspiring young crowd who already know the brand but the models are out of their budget.
audioholic is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 18:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just like the L&K and Sportline for high end models the Monte Carlo is a given for all sub 20 lakh models. I think Skoda is following a well established timeline for the Monte Carlo launch.

However I don't think any prospective buyers are going to be attracted just because of the Monte Carlo edition @audioholic suggested. In most cases it will enable Skoda to upsell the Monte Carlo to buyers coming in for the regular variants.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 19:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hope they drop the GC a bit in the Monte Carlo version, atleast for 1.5. It will make a killer sedan. But am sure they wouldn’t.
sunikkat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 00:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Who on earth told this guy that launching special editions will boost sales?
You know, because a paint job is easier than doing all that hard work.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th November 2022 at 05:00. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
inwester is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 16:22   #6
BHPian

I'm just fantasizing that the Slavia or the Virtus will be offered in an AWD avatar. A C-class sedan is something that had not ever been available in India I suppose. These twins have the Ground clearance and credentials to offer an AWD. And if it's priced within 1-2 lakhs higher than the FWD variant, then I would pick that up eyes closed.
VinsWagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 19:29   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
I'm just fantasizing that the Slavia or the Virtus will be offered in an AWD avatar. A C-class sedan is something that had not ever been available in India I suppose. These twins have the Ground clearance and credentials to offer an AWD. And if it's priced within 1-2 lakhs higher than the FWD variant, then I would pick that up eyes closed.
It is not technically possible to do so as the MQB-A0 platform doesnt support AWD hardware.
agambhandari is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 22:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
It is not technically possible to do so as the MQB-A0 platform doesnt support AWD hardware.
Oh! That was an unimpressive sudden death for my fantasy. By the way, it is a little odd, thanks to my ignorance of the technicals, that a platform limits a mounting unit by design. Can't think of any reason other than the dimensions of the unit and the set pieces of the platform that may be restricting the quattro components to be placed there. Noticed that A1 dropped Quattro since moving to the MQB-A0 platform.
VinsWagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 23:31   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
Oh! That was an unimpressive sudden death for my fantasy. By the way, it is a little odd, thanks to my ignorance of the technicals, that a platform limits a mounting unit by design. Can't think of any reason other than the dimensions of the unit and the set pieces of the platform that may be restricting the quattro components to be placed there. Noticed that A1 dropped Quattro since moving to the MQB-A0 platform.
A1 previous gen was on PQ25 which also was only FWD, to make it AWD they basically had to use a bespoke rear chassis and subframe and it was hardly the same platform, causing the costs to skyrocket, hence the Quattro in that was only offered on S1 and a limited run Quattro edition. It was very different from the regular A1.
agambhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 06:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

What we need is a RS Slavia. They already have the 1.5TSI and all they need to do is spice it up.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:36   #11
BHPian

How many Monte Carlo units has Skoda sold in Kushaq? I have not been able to come across Kushaq Monte Carlos anywhere in the city yet.

In fact, since the launch of Monte Carlo, the overall sale number of Kushaq hasn't gone up. In the last month, more Taiguns than Kushaq were sold, I suppose.

Monte Carlo might just add an option for those customers who are already considering Slavia. It might also get the 10" infotainment system back. Will there be mechanical updates like lower GC etc?

Also, at the same time, Skoda would like to avoid that much red in the seat upholstery as they have given in Kushaq. A simple, and Virtus GT like, black seats should make it a perfect looker.
Old 15th November 2022, 11:29   #12
BHPian

I dont understand Skoda. Launching a more powerful VRS version will pick up sales among the enthusiasts. not an addition of a black and red. Many picked up the Rapid Rider edition because it received a price cut and had the same powertrain at a lower price. Already lower build quality compared to 2-3 years ago, overpricing and not being the corner carvers that they were have hit sales to top it off by not having that 1.5/2L diesel.
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 22:42   #13
BHPian

I do not understand Skoda. All their Monte Carlo editions till date have been half-baked sticker jobs. They are not even the actual Monte Carlo editions sold in Europe. What is needed for Slavia is a full-blown vRS variant especially for the 1.5 TSI to stand-out and make a statement in a sea of SUVs. For starters, they can consider - stiffened suspension with lower GC (maybe 10-15mm), 17" alloys, rear disc, all black interior, sporty bumper kit, spoilers. But hey, I am dreaming!
anuragbagur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 01:42   #14
BHPian

I don't fantasize too much. Rear discs and suspension tuning would been a slight threat to the n lines. Just saying.
Old 16th November 2022, 23:52   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Hope they drop the GC a bit in the Monte Carlo version, atleast for 1.5. It will make a killer sedan. But am sure they wouldn’t.
Why a lower GC? On Indian roads?

Why would you want to drive zig zag over potholes and speed breakers with the low GC!

Need to check how much handling will improve if GC is dropped by a bit.

Especially since 100kmph is the max speed you can take on highways due to now the speed gints and heavy fines. At least till 120kmph Nagpur expressway opens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks