Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki launches Eeco with 1.2L K-Series engine

The Maruti Suzuki Eeco has been given a major update. The new model now comes with a 1.2-litre K-Series engine, which is said to be more potent as well as efficient.

Maruti Suzuki launches Eeco with 1.2L K-Series engine-ecco.jpg

The new Eeco is powered by a 1.2-litre K-Series Dual Jet petrol engine that develops 80 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 104.4 Nm @ 3,000 rpm. That’s a 10% bump in power output over the old G12B engine. In CNG mode, the engine produces 71 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 95 Nm @ 3,000 rpm.

Maruti claims the new Eeco is 25% more fuel efficient, delivering up to 20.20 km/l. The fuel efficiency of the S-CNG version has also gone up by 29% to 27.05 km/kg.

Maruti Suzuki launches Eeco with 1.2L K-Series engine-maruti-suzuki-new-eeco.-more-power-more-fuelefficient-more-style_features11.jpg

Maruti Suzuki has also made some changes to the interior of the Eeco. The van comes with a new steering wheel and digital instrument cluster. It also gets reclining front seats, a dome lamp with battery saver function and new rotary controls for the air-conditioning.

The 2022 Maruti Suzuki Eeco is available in 13 variants, including 5-seater, 7-seater, Cargo, Tour and Ambulance.

2022 Maruti Eeco ex-showroom prices:

• Tour V 5-seater – Rs. 5,10,200
  • Eeco 5-seater – Rs. 5,13,200
  • Eeco Cargo – Rs. 5,28,200
  • Tour V 7-seater – Rs. 5,39,200
  • Eeco 7-seater – Rs. 5,42,200
  • Tour V 5-seater AC – Rs. 5,46,200
  • Eeco 5-seater AC – Rs. 5,49,200
  • Eeco Cargo CNG – Rs. 6,23,200
  • Eeco Ambulance Shell – Rs. 6,40,000
  • Tour V 5-seater AC CNG – Rs. 6,41,200
  • Eeco 5-seater AC CNG – Rs. 6,44,200
  • Eeco Cargo AC CNG – Rs. 6,65,200
  • Eeco Ambulance – Rs. 8,13,200

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd November 2022 at 13:48.
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki launches Eeco with 1.2L K-Series engine

So finally the the much awaited change(in my books) has happened and confirms the move towards K-Series and Heartect for all Maruti developed vehicles.

The future of Ignis doesn't look very promising though.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Copying from a Malayalam movie dialogue, "What was all the hullabaloo about! APV, next gen Carry, JDM Everywagon, Indonesian Carry!!! At last, same old Versa with the K12 engine.
Deja Vu. I remember when the Eeco was about to be launched there were rumours it would have the then new K12 engine. Alas, it had the detuned venerable G-series engine. And now, after 12 years it gets the K12 engine.

So have to wait another 12 years for it to get POWER STEERING???

Who wouldn't gladly pay a few tens of thousands for a power steering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
The future of Ignis doesn't look very promising though.
Please Maruti. Just launch the AMT variant with hill-hold for a few months and then stop it.
DicKy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:12   #4
KPR
BANNED

This Eeco still is selling like hot cakes in tier II & III towns. Why there is no 7 seater with AC?
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:19   #5
BHPian

Hello,

Quote:
Eeco 5-seater AC CNG – Rs. 6,44,200
So we are getting a 5 seater RWD DualJet K12 with factory fitted CNG and boot space (even with the CNG tank) at 6.5L ex.showroom

Hmm..

Never thought I would like Eeco ever in my life.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:01   #6
BHPian

Wait, didn't the Eeco always come with a 1.2?
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Yes, the Eeco came with a G series 1.2L engine, which was around 20 years old(correct me if I'm wrong) but now comes with a K series engine. Even when it was first launched there were rumours about it getting an engine upgrade 10 years ago, which has now finally happened.
CzechItaliaMoto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:21   #8
BHPian

The Eeco has always been a downgraded cost-cut version of the Versa, it comes with the same old interiors, rexine door pads with no door pockets or storage space whatsoever and had the G12B engine which used to produce 72hp instead of the Versa's G13B which produced 82hp. The Versa even came with Electronic Power Steering, not sure if this one comes with it too but my guess is that it does.

What they've done now is basically released the Versa in a new avatar of the Eeco, with better safety features(not the best, of course). The engine is placed under the front seats, so there's not much buffer or shield provided at the front of the vehicle, the crumple zones are rather pretty weak. I'm sure the airbags would help in a crash, but not by much.

All things said, for that price it is still a really good bang for the buck, as it offers a ton of practicality and space which would appeal to a good amount of people. I'm not sure about the K12 engine, but from experience I can definitely vouch for the G13B engine as it is really peppy and has a strong low end, helps you get up to speed really quick. If this is the case in the new Eeco, it is really good buy for 6L.

Last edited by CzechItaliaMoto : 22nd November 2022 at 18:29.
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:07   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post
. The Versa even came with Electronic Power Steering, not sure if this one comes with it too but my guess is that it does.
The Eeco doesn't have power steering. Not even in this update. Bhpian @Vigsom had mentioned in the old Eeco thread that the Versa power steering system could be easily installed for about 20k. This was in 2010. Not sure if the Versa parts are available today or if the costs or the PS will be below 50k.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 23:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The Eeco doesn't have power steering. Not even in this update. Bhpian @Vigsom had mentioned in the old Eeco thread that the Versa power steering system could be easily installed for about 20k. This was in 2010. Not sure if the Versa parts are available today or if the costs or the PS will be below 50k.
It is pretty appalling that there is no power steering on the Eeco, even today. I just checked boodmo and it turns out that the Versa steering column is still on sale for 23k!

I still believe that Maruti is targetting a specific audience with the Eeco, hence they thought they could let this slide.
CzechItaliaMoto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:27   #11
BHPian

How would the Eeco fare in a crash? Why does Maruti not move away from it's Strategy of selling extremely unsafe cars?
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
I think the Eeco originally came with a G12 engine which was a trimmed (underbored) version of the G13.

The K series update was long overdue and I think it's a shame that a huge and heavy dut car like this doesn't get a power steering. I wonder what the R&D guys are MSIL are upto.

I was really excited about Ignis with K12C but I'm a bit dazed in that part.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
How would the Eeco fare in a crash?
I think the Eeco now comes with a collapsible steering column and dual airbags in the front. That does not take away the lack of a buffer up front which would prevent some amount of injury, if in an accident.

Under the bonnet, I believe it has a radiator, the brake fluid reservoir, windshield wiper reservoir and pretty much nothing else! The bonnet is around 1.2 feet long, and does not house the engine so I would say it is an upgrade from an Omni in terms of safety, but nothing too much apart from that.
CzechItaliaMoto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 10:01   #14
BHPian

This type of vehicle construction is not fit for personal use from a safety perspective. You won't see this being used on public roads in any first-world countries. In third-world countries where unfortunately life is still valued less, MS is gonna milk this model until regulations are revised.
Old 24th November 2022, 10:28   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
How would the Eeco fare in a crash? Why does Maruti not move away from it's Strategy of selling extremely unsafe cars?
An Eeco would fare in crash test the exact way a Maruti would fare. I know this comment does not add any additional information to this thread, but it would make people think in different ways. Some may take it in a positive manner (very less probability), some may expect a bad rating (extremely probable). This shows your expectation from Maruti for the low budget car that dish out to our market. The question here is, what was in your mind when you read the first line
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks