Team-BHP - Hyundai launches new CNG Santro !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai launches new CNG Santro !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25957-hyundai-launches-new-cng-santro.html)

Now, Hyundai launches CNG Santro

No updates on the Hyundai website, however.

Model : CNG Santro (XK, non-AC)
Priced : Rs 325,361 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Seems they are targeting taxi segment (Indica beware)

Badly needed for Santro since its sale was dipping.

We have seen the magic effect of the a factory fit CNG on the WagonR.....I say this is only going to boost the Santro big time.

Good move by Hyundai. Only disappointment is that they have taken too long. Hyundai used to be a fast mover during the early days.

is there an all automatic version available too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 489490)
We have seen the magic effect of the a factory fit CNG on the WagonR.....I say this is only going to boost the Santro big time.

Good move by Hyundai. Only disappointment is that they have taken too long. Hyundai used to be a fast mover during the early days.

I guess you are referring to the factory fitted LPG kit.

The WagonR DUO LPG is a big hit with the call center segment.
Now soon we will see a lot of Santro Cabs on road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 489427)
Badly needed for Santro since its sale was dipping.

Eh? They sold 12090 units in May which was second only to the Alto so I don't really understand how their sales were falling!

Means a diesel santro is not coming or is very far away and more importantly the santro is here to stay[not going to be replaced quickly by their other small car ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by shobhit15 (Post 489414)
Now, Hyundai launches CNG Santro
No updates on the Hyundai website, however.

Its up now: Hyundai Motor India introduces CNG variant

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 489530)
Eh? They sold 12090 units in May which was second only to the Alto so I don't really understand how their sales were falling!

I was quoting from this article: Car sales buck interest hike

'Hyundai's sales were hit by a 49 per cent dip in sales of the Santro and Getz (A2 segment) at 13,630 units against 27,228 units in June 2006.'

There is no CNG supply in the south.
So, the CNG versions won't be sold here.
Now, why don't they develop an LPG variant for the south.

Any guesses on whether they will give the option of Factory fitting CNG for existing customers also ... there will be many takers (me too) ...

A few good things:
1. The kit has a Lambda system which is essentially a semi closed loop one. WagonR Duo does not have that on the LPG. While Omni has a stepper motor AMS system.
2. The kits are being retrofitted by a expert Korean company with same warranty as petrol.

Not so good things:
1. No LPG option, meaning it cannot sell in South India
2. 12 kg tank capacity. More visits to the pump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 489560)
There is no CNG supply in the south.
So, the CNG versions won't be sold here.
Now, why don't they develop an LPG variant for the south.

Heard this from an insider about an year back. This variant is meant to keep sales steady till they can bring out the next car.

As all of you know, Hyundai hugely depends on the Santro. Its their only model selling to target figures. Cant let the sales down now that Spark is out, and wagonR is playing LPG route with sister Estilo wooing the girls.

anybody who can tell the position of cng tank.....is it like the wagon-r duo lpg tank .....or a normal cng tank as it will take a lot of boot space in such a case..
thanks

Will it come in dual fuel system? Does anybody have any information of CNG outlet in Kolkata / Eastern India?