Team-BHP - Indica (X1 code) test vehicles. (Now with pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indica (X1 code) test vehicles. (Now with pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26005-indica-x1-code-test-vehicles-now-pics-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 497258)
...The doors match up rather nicely with the Elegante concept.

I did not like the door profile at all, as much as I did not like the Elegante. Tata's have some way to go to figure out the proportions of their vehicles. And it takes some talent to carry of the HC_Dolphin's proportions.

That said, I hope this is not the final design, rather a test prototype.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 490789)
Center mounted IP, wouldn't that mean one has to not only take eyes off-the road but also move your head to read the instrument cluster. I dont see any benefit of this center setup apart from saving costs in building RHD and LHD versions.

nissan did this in Quest for an year or two. didn't work, and in 2007 version brought it back in front of the driver. (nissan always tends to go for lateral thinking when it comes to design)

not sure why tata-fiat trying to do this though, it's already a tested and failed design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 497503)
nissan did this in Quest for an year or two. didn't work, and in 2007 version brought it back in front of the driver. (nissan always tends to go for lateral thinking when it comes to design)

not sure why tata-fiat trying to do this though, it's already a tested and failed design.

Cost Cost Cost (of developing RHD and LHD dashboards)

Quest is a LHD specific model so there is no cost benefit.

Our Good old Amby had a center ip.

Quote:

And its certainly taller than Moral's Palio.
Yes it is taller than the Palio.

Quote:

@Moral : Was it hard to keep up with them? Because ACI had reported that it was, even when they were in their Fusion.
Oh hell yes they were blazingly fast and I had to shift down from 5th to 3rd and accelerate hard to keep up so that we could take a closeup picture. There were three cars and all were hard to keep up with. I am sure they have some nice engine in there and its a diesel mind you! Karl observed one of the test mules to have the headlights that'll fit in the slot and they were elongated as compared to the current Indica.

Can someone check on the vendors making the head and tail lamps of this car. I am sure those will be easier to find.

My only wish is that TATA give it some reasonable ground clearance with stock tyre+wheel combination, something like 140~150mm. Anything higher would degrade the handling of this taller looking automobile, which is always annoying and expensive to fix.

Those who want to drive WRC special stages or bad roads can always modify their wheel+tyres and/or suspensions.

But I am afraid it is already too late for that. Looks like a pathetic lift job is included on this car.

*crying*

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSyn (Post 497600)
Those who want to drive WRC special stages or bad roads can always modify their wheel+tyres and/or suspensions.

Buddy its the other way round, those who buy a Indica would use it roughly and not for handling, so those who want better handling shold modify their wheel + tyres and/or suspension as these kind of people are not even 2% of Indica buyers :D

Everything is fine but TATA's should really make reliable, quality cars and should improve on good customer service/care to beat the current market leader.

Good show moral fibre, keep it up.
Look forward to more spy pics from you.

The new Indica was designed way back in 2004 and other than the lights, what we see in these pics is the final design. So don't expect too many changes from what you see here!

Here's a 2004 report about the new Indica:

The Hindu Business Line : `Indica successor in final stages of design'

The report quotes Ratan Tata as saying that the new Indica is bigger than the current one and also has a longer wheelbase. 2500 MM may be? The current one has a wheelbase of 2400 MM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardofid (Post 497306)
I did not like the door profile at all, as much as I did not like the Elegante.

Same door profile on a Acura TSX (or the Euro Accord) looks elegant!

However, the Indica test car does not have the lower profile of the elegante concept.

dash should be like this.
Renault Twingo

Shot at 2007-07-14

here it is
A all new dashboard .looks preety cool. european. taken from Indiva concept. there is a space for GPS. nice na. and it saying 1.5 diesel???????

the one word for this car'Sexy' look at the lights.

Fabuloous pics Tushky!! Fantastic scoop on the headlights and the interiors. They look fantastic.

thanks sajo.yeah it is. well made in India but made for Europe

WOW!

Nice job tushky! You are the man!

Fantastic headlights. They look a welcome change in an Indian hatch. But, the grill looks like its gonna resemble the first gen indica and V2 very much.

The cars seems to have inherited the under-tyred look of the Indica. Also, since the height has increased, this is evident specially at the rear.

Fit and finish? I hope the production car will be better. Look at the gap between some pieces of the dashboard. And its uneven too.

But, overall TATA seems to have got the point right where it matters, space, VFM, diesel.

1.5 diesel will get tax soaps?