Team-BHP - Really strange Toyota Innova pricing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Really strange Toyota Innova pricing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26013-really-strange-toyota-innova-pricing.html)

A friend asked me to help out with innova model and i was stumped after browsing toyota's website.

Model E - No Petrol version. In diesel, there is no AC. That rules out this model.

Model G1 - only 8 seater. Seems 8 seaters are not allowed as private vehicles (i will be glad to hear that this is wrong). Rules out this option.

Model G4 - Price is 8.9 L ex for diesel and 8.34 for petrol...too expensive.

Really makes toyota uncompetitive......

I have raised this point in an earlier thread but do so again,the innova has funnily been tinkered around by toyota. The Model E gives you power steering as an option but no AC , how thoughtful is that.

G1 model does not have an intermittent speed wiper,talk about cost cutting and all this after paying close to 9 lakhs.

Regarding the 8 seater rule I think this has come up recently and did find something like this even in the SIAM monitor so kindly check with the dealer,this class of vehicles is now called UV[number of seats including driver exceeding 7 but not exceeding 9[7+1 &8+1]].How these vehicles are to be treated by RTO and insurance agencies I think the dealer would be able to give you a better idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 491096)

Unfortunately, the sales figure tell a different story. :Frustrati

Toyota Innova is one of the three non-maruti cars in the top-10, with 3583 units sold (ACI July 07).
As long as the sales figures dont slide down, Toyota will continue to 'make hay'.

Seriously, Toyota/Honda have taken it for granted that they are 'premium' brands in India.

Quite a few "E" innovas are sold as call center cabs. Now why would call center vendors purchase E grade if there is no AC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 491163)
Seriously, Toyota/Honda have taken it for granted that they are 'premium' brands in India.

They haven't taken it for granted. They are semi-premium (if there is a term like that) brands in India and its because of people like us who buy their cars. BTW, they aren't premium brands. To me, premium brands are Merc, BMWs, Porches and the likes of them.

We need more competition. Only that will change the attitude of Honda and Toyota. As of today, there is no competition to Innova. I am willing to pay more than twice the price of Innova to carry 6/7 people in comfort and style, but I don't have a choice. Its either Innova or nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 491515)
comfort and style, but I don't have a choice. Its either Innova or nothing.

Innova and style ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 491489)
Quite a few "E" innovas are sold as call center cabs. Now why would call center vendors purchase E grade if there is no AC?

They retrofit air-cons.

Spoke to Innova salesman, he quoted a figure of 45k for AC & 6K for body colored bumpers and a discount of 68K on base model. I am more confused now with toyota.

Why cant they make AC standard and reduce the discount to 13k? Are they seriously thinking people buying 7 lakh car without an AC or a cabbie investing in a car which doesnt even have an AC??

Very interesting...68K is a very interesting figure!
Why not 67 or 69????

I do agree positioning and functionalities of E grade in Innova is totally wrong plan by Toyota, I feel they want to push top end and G4 grade so they are not providing AC/PS as standard with E grade.

Innova is among top 10 car sold every month because people go for it who need space, reliability brand name, efficient braking easy driving, Jem engine.

I have met guys who used Quallis for private and taxy. People who completed 5 lacs kilometers changed only oil, filter (once in 10000km)/brake pads, fluids (once in 40000km) thats all nothing If they drove the car decently.

Innova owners who completed more than lac. km said same what quallis owner said.

They feedback is they paid for engine not for Toyota's treatment nor for their costly service.

99% of Toyota owners are happy wth Toyota cars but not with toyota dealership. Wth toyota dealerships its other way only 1% of the car owners might be happy.

Last time when I serviced my Innova I had 30 min faceto face discussion with manager there about how he can stop giving bad service like the way its going on from Toyota dealerships and start giving whats called service to its car owners. He smiled and agreed he will at least serve me with full car so I will get confident with their service.

Toyota is very talented how to make big profit. Innova is really overpriced vehicle. But they give big discounts like almost 1 lac. for the people who bring some contacts/bargain hard.

Also another point is Toyota sell their most of the cars to corporates instead of direct buyer. So in this case there will be bargain, so they show as if they gave big discounts to big companies by first giving quote of ovepriced Innova and then coming down with heavy discounts saying corporate discount.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 491096)
A friend asked me to help out with innova model and i was stumped after browsing toyota's website.

Model E - No Petrol version. In diesel, there is no AC. That rules out this model.

Model G1 - only 8 seater. Seems 8 seaters are not allowed as private vehicles (i will be glad to hear that this is wrong). Rules out this option.

Model G4 - Price is 8.9 L ex for diesel and 8.34 for petrol...too expensive.

i think 8 seaters arent allowed as corporate vehicles but are allowed as private. if corporate they get the yellow plates.

The thing about the 8-seater not allowed as private vehicle would be crazy. A lot of families get the Innova, and where are you going to put the child seat? The best place for it is in the center position in row 2. And then 2 adults can sit on either side.

With the 7-seater, you'd have the child seat taking up a whole bucket seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 491942)
Very interesting...68K is a very interesting figure!
Why not 67 or 69????

Does it matter? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 491947)
Also another point is Toyota sell their most of the cars to corporates instead of direct buyer. So in this case there will be bargain, so they show as if they gave big discounts to big companies by first giving quote of ovepriced Innova and then coming down with heavy discounts saying corporate discount.

A very very valid point. This year beginning, went to Toyota showroom to check out the Innova, with a friend who was going to buy it. he already owned one innova and knew the dealership, and he was offered good discounts (I dont remember how much)

The point is that he was extremely happy that they gave big disounts.

An overpriced car+ big discounts= Happy customer+ big profit. (though this happens mainly due to the fact that Innova lacks competiotion)

Got the 8 seater rule clarified...you can register a 8 seater as a private vehicle. No issues there.

Where did you clarify it from? The dealer or RTO?