Team-BHP - best  and worst fuel consumption figure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   best  and worst fuel consumption figure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2606-best-worst-fuel-consumption-figure.html)

guys,
wat is the best kpl figure u have got in your cars.
i have got a max of 24kpl in my zen on the xpressway keeping a limit of 70-80kph without ac and windows closed.this was till the first toll booth.
and on a regular drive i.e.at speeds of 80-110kph without ac i have got 23kpl from belgaum to mangalore .no ac as this was in the evening.
with ac the figure is 19kpl at 80-120kph.
the worst that i have got on the highway is on the xpressway of 11kpl without ac but at speeds of 140-150kph with and without ac.
in the city i have got a best of 14kpl with ac and worst of 9kpl with ac.
all this with my free flow and k&n filter mods as i got them the very next day i bought our car.

IN MY FRIENDS NEW CITY I GOT 22KPL AT MAX OF 80KPH WITH AC AS THE CAR WAS NEW SO DID NOT EXCEED 80KPH.ON THE HIGHWAY ON THE MUMBAI GOAHIGHWAY

the best i have got in my splendor is 82kpl at 40-50kph and the worst is 56kpl.

Vtec - worst = 10.5 kmpl : best = 21 kmpl (with 50% A/C) 18.6 kmpl with 100% A/C.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Best ever figure. 1995 Zen. Old Bombay Pune road. Some low-20's.

Worst ever figure. C Class. 5 kpl. 6.5 is a regular in the city

GTO

Car: HM Contessa Classic 1.8
Worst: 6kpl (100% AC use + stop - go traffic and later hard acceleration & braking)
Best: 13.5kpl (75% AC use, gradual acceleration and braking, steady 80-100km/h on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway)

I dont know the best that we would have got, but I know the worst use to be around 6.5-7 but those come from big engines like the S and E, so I am wondering GTO y do you get 6.5 ona regular basis from your C?? dad's S in the city give about 6-6.5 atleast thats what my driver told me..

best I think would have to be around 15-17 from city 1.5

Cheers..

I have also got my city to give about 7-8 at one time, when I use to drive like crazi..but I think even after my really crazy drives in the esteem , i use to get very good milage..of about 12.5-14..i am talking really bad driving..70kmph in 2nd gear or even higher...pulling the engine until it cant go any further and it literally starts begging for a shift..

Cheers

Best M800Dx 18 without a/c in city
Worst M800 (old) 9 with a/c in City
Best wagonR 15 in city with a/c
Worst watonR 10 with a/c in city.

never get time to try out special economy drives on the highway.

Highway best is Alto 17 with a/c
Highway WagonR best is 15.5 with a/c (never crossed 120)
Highway WagonR worst is 12 with a/c

best hmm a M800 on highway around 25kpl
worst Standard/Rover 2000- 2kpl lol then engine was changed to an Isuzu petrol 1800cc and it jumped to 11kpl
Current Ikon best 16kpl cruising mode in high way, worst around 9kpl thanks to Bangalore traffic

all figures with Air condition on

well you wont believe it.

honda city 1.5 (not vtec, headers, k&n)
highway - cruising at 100 - 12.5
city - cruising/slow - 8.5
city - fast (chaning at 4000-5000 rpm) 10.

i am not complaining but would feel satisfied if someone can explain this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (killjoy @ June 25 2004,22:28)]well you wont believe it.

honda city 1.5 (not vtec, headers, k&n)
highway - cruising at 100 - 12.5
city - cruising/slow - 8.5
city - fast (chaning at 4000-5000 rpm) 10.

i am not complaining but would feel satisfied if someone can explain this.

What 12.5 at 100kmph? Man that's way less. Even RK had a similar problem with his City 1.5.

My uncles city 1.5 gives close to 20 kmpl with speeds between 80-100kmph.

Better get it checked.........

Regards...
Shan2nu

On my erstwhile shogun
Best - 51kmpl ! (for the first 2 months when I rode by the book - even suzuki guys didn't believe me)
Averaged around 38-40 .. 90% hard riding
Worst - 32 (after I had the piston rings replaced)
All using normal unleaded petrol

On my erstwhile M800, 12 - 14kmpl (30% AC) .. city driving, using normal unleaded petrol

Current Indica 2000 LEi (no mods)

Best 13kmpl - Kolkata to Bhubaneswar - 50% AC (avg speed 70kmph, on completed golden quad stretches at 100-110kmph, incomplete stretches at sluggish off terrain speeds) , using normal unleaded petrol

Worst 7.8 kmpl - Within City, 90% AC and foot pretty hard on the pedal.
Average - 9.5 - 10kmpl .. primarily city.
All using BP Speed

Sometimes the FE strangely drops from the steady approx 10 range to 8ish, although driving style remains same ..

Let me ask a potentially silly question .. stupid:
Does petrol evaporate if the car is parked all day in 35 to 40 deg celcius direct sunlight ?

Shuvo
------------------
Kimi - The coolest one

Best Tata Indica DLS, 20kmpl on highway with full AC and 80/90kmph with occaisional bursts to 140 on downhill stretches while going to madurai from blr.
Worst Maruti Gypsy King(Carb), 9.5 with hard city driving no AC

Avg Indica gives 14 in blr airport /ring road mix traffic with AC. Lets see how it does in noida and summer heat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Avg Indica gives 14 in blr airport /ring road mix traffic with AC. Lets see how it does in noida and summer heat!

So there is a possibility of losing fuel in the heat (& humidity?) and consequently FE dropping ?

Shuvo
-------------------
Kimi - The coolest one

Worst 4kmpl in my Opel Vectra.
Best 18Kmpl in my Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi

Worst - 6 kmpl on a totally off-key RD350 while I waited more than a month for new Daichi points...

Best - nothing to write in about...