Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2023, 18:05   #1

Skoda India offers anytime warranty up to 8 years / 150,000 km

SKODA Anytime Warranty to cover 7th and 8th year of ownership - just received this brochure from my Service Advisor.

The prices look to be steep (in comparison to the current extended warranty package for 5th & 6th years). This is available for Superb, Octavia, Rapid, Kodiaq (Diesel) and Yeti.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SKODA Anytime Warranty Brochure.pdf (3.01 MB, 494 views)
SumanPal is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 21:43   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post
The prices look to be steep (in comparison to the current extended warranty package for 5th & 6th years). This is available for Superb, Octavia, Rapid, Kodiaq (Diesel) and Yeti.
I paid 65k for 5-6th year warranty. I bought it in 2020, almost 11months after I bought the car (Octavia L&K). The dealer at that time said that prices have increased! Was I ripped off?

Last edited by SLK : 4th January 2023 at 21:52.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 09:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda India offers anytime warranty up to 8 years / 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post
SKODA Anytime Warranty to cover 7th and 8th year of ownership - just received this brochure from my Service Advisor.
Thanks for sharing, SumanPal! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to warn others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Going to our news section as well .

Considering the stiff ownership costs of a Skoda (especially once out of warranty period), high DSG failure rates, expensive electronics & poor long-term reliability, I would totally take this extended coverage.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

As the internet meme goes: “I prayed for days like these”. It’s amazing to see 8 year warranty offerings in Indian market. Even if they are not cheap, it allows one to freeze the cost of ownership so an apples to apples comparison of say Škoda Superb and Toyota Camry can be made. IMO, long term warranty is the best sales technique that Euro car companies can employ.
androdev is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:04   #5
BHPian

Great news! I wonder if they will roll-out a similar option for VW cars in India.
Bhodrolok is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:29   #6
BHPian

So this is for cars that are mostly out of production. It is really good news for the owners. I guess they will wait for the warranty and failure rates for the India specific models like Kushaq and Slavia in the next few years and roll out as they currently have only till sixth year.
Old 5th January 2023, 11:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Always check what is covered and what isn't covered in extended warranty deals. Some manufacturers charge you big money and then tell you major parts prone to failure wasn't covered.
Nithesh_M is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:51   #8
BHPian

For someone who is running 2018 Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG, this thread sounds like music to the ears.
Extended warranty on the car will expire in Dec 2023 and this was making me bit nervous about potential service bills in coming years.
I would certainly take 7-8th year warranty without a second thought. 50k for warranty is a reasonable insurance amount towards potential DSG failure, especially the dry clutch DSG that my car runs with.
Great stuff Skoda

Last edited by Acharya : 5th January 2023 at 11:56.
Acharya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:01   #9
BHPian

An 8 Year Warranty is definitely a great thing for our market and especially when it comes to a brand like Skoda. But off late there are issues wherein brands like VW etc wash their hands off the customers when the time comes to honouring a warranty, claiming fine print or other factors which negate their responsibility. For eg: Jeep USA covers rust in their warranty but they didnt honour a customers claim when he showed up with an infested body panel and they are like thats not rust, thats Aluminum and the terminology is different hence they cant cover it. This is what scares me when it comes to warranty claims once the car passes the original warranty term. In a country like ours where there are no strong consumer protection laws, a warranty does help calm ones mind but when I hear about such instances, it does feel uneasy. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
For someone who is running 2018 Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG, this thread sounds like music to the ears.
Extended warranty on the car will expire in Dec 2023 and this was making me bit nervous about potential service bills in coming years.
I would certainly take 7-8th year warranty without a second thought. 50k for warranty is a reasonable insurance amount towards potential DSG failure, especially the dry clutch DSG that my car runs with.
Great stuff Skoda
The peace of mind definitely is helped here. But bear in mind the charges are per 1 year, so its 100k for Octavia and 127k for Superb B8 for years 7-8!

Last edited by lancer_rit : 5th January 2023 at 12:09.
lancer_rit is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:24   #11
BHPian

I think this is little more than eyewash.
They are still not taking responsibility for any of the widespread issues faced by them - not the DQ200 DSG failures, not the EPC failures on the new gen TSI engines, nothing. Every thread I've read about EPC/DQ200 failures has been a horror story with every car owner stating that Skoda has been apathetic to their situation (sometimes in brand new cars that we've seen). Not once have they acknowledged that these are abnormal failures that are built into the design of the part/vehicles and that they are working to fix it.

When a company is blind at the ground level, I fail to understand how can any Skoda owner possibly be appeased by the prospect of spending MORE money on this brand?

Quote:
Skoda Anytime Warranty does not cover the cost of consumables and wear and tear components like wiper blades, brake pads, brake discs, belts, bulbs, fuses, clutch disc, pressure plate, shock absorbers, struts, etc. The warranty does not apply to spark plugs, lubricants, fluids, or refrigerants as long as their replacement is not an integral part of the warranty with respect to the relevant part. Premature failure of the toothed belt is covered until 1.20 lakh km only.

The warranty does not cover failure due to misuse, lack of maintenance, alteration, accident or environmental causes like fire, floods, bad weather, etc.
How can this possibly set one's mind at ease? They have left a hundred loopholes that would allow a dealer to wriggle through anything. IIRC one tBHP user's car was IN WARRANTY when the DSG failure happened (I could also be wrong here) but they refused to take any notice.
ads295 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 13:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Great news! I wonder if they will roll-out a similar option for VW cars in India.
Indeed there is. My Vento just completed 6.5 years and I was told an addon warranty is available at around 25k. This warranty in VW can be taken until the last day before you complete 8 years so potentially you can have it right upto the 9th year completion. I am availing this on the coming Saturday after an inspection done post my regular servicing.
Old 5th January 2023, 13:22   #13
BHPian

Just curious, but does that mean I can buy a used Octavia 1.8 TSI from say 2019, and have a peace of mind warranty till 2026? Would that insulate me from those horrible DQ200 failure fears?
Old 5th January 2023, 13:26   #14
BHPian

I'm also skeptical about this extended warranty.

1. The current 5th & 6th year warranty itself is limited to 1,50,000kms. So what's new for 7th & 8th year if the upper limit is again 1,50,000km. Yes, chances of covering 1.5L km in 6 years is not that high; still would have preferred a higher bracket.

2. What's actually covered in EW/ AW is again open for debate. Case in point: I'm struggling with Skoda to get the ac vent outlet tab clip replaced for all the four front a/c vents of our Kodiaq. These were dislocated/ broken (even those next to the driver!). I'm of the firm belief that the damage was coz of the flimsy design since there wasn't any abuse at all. Skoda has been "kind" to provide a goodwill discount of 50% for replacing the entire a/c vents i.e. all four vents have to be replaced & not just the faulty vent tab clips. I do have the 5th & 6th year warranty and the car hasn't touched 30K yet.

OT: Any other Skoda owners who had similar experience with the A/C vent tab clips?

Last edited by vinjosep : 5th January 2023 at 13:30.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 13:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
Just curious, but does that mean I can buy a used Octavia 1.8 TSI from say 2019, and have a peace of mind warranty till 2026? Would that insulate me from those horrible DQ200 failure fears?
Technically yes, but best is to contact Skoda used car division, inquire about an already available Octavia with them and ask them in writing that the 2nd owner can opt for extended warranty from them till 8 years.

I think to be fair, Skoda should provide extended warranty only for vehicles serviced by their OEM service centers as one may not know what can / could be done outside and the warranty is not misused else they might have to do a eval process otherwise which is cumbersome and not failsafe. Though Skoda has mentioned one can purchase warranty after inspection subject to colling period of 30 days.

A safe way of doing the deal is get the 1st buyer to get extended warranty in his/her name, adjust and agree that you (new buyer) will pay for the same as part of the payment (to be owner buy price) terms and get the warranty transferred post registration of the car in new owner's name. As its clearly mentioned warranty is transferrable to 2nd owner.

Last edited by dipen : 5th January 2023 at 13:37.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks