Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 09:26   #661
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Further fixes observed:
  1. Google Maps on CarPlay now switches to dark/light mode based on the car's auto-headlight unit switching on and off.
  2. In-built navigation guidance now shows on the MID. Finally!

Both fixes are very useful, however, I miss having MID navigation guidance for Google Maps on CarPlay, something I think Google will never support for Apple devices. Also, Mappls navigation is still inaccurate and is something I don't use within Bangalore.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 09:31   #662

Also the wireless Android Auto connection seems to be much more reliable now. Haven't had to restart the infotainment system because of Android auto not connecting, since the update. Fingers crossed, stays that way!

Cheers,
TK
Old 19th February 2024, 13:07   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

After driving the car for around 300 Kms, can definitely confirm both Android wireless and wired are working fine. I prefer the wired option as wireless heats the phone and wireless charging accompanied by it can hardly sustain charge, forget charging. Wired is so much better both for connectivity and life of phone, yes there is an extra step but it is totally worth it and hardly costs me a second. The day/light setting on Android auto is also finally working without any issues, I hope they don't release another update for sometime and end up braking functionalities again.

While I hardly use wireless charging, this also seems to be an issue, not sure if limited to my car only. Issue being that sometimes it will not charge the phone and I will need to toggle Wireless on and off from Infotainment system and it will start working. I had asked SA to rectify it but as always they returned it without fixing it saying everything is working as expected.

Overall I am still pretty satisfied with the car, until you are not pushing it, it runs well at 100-120 kmph speed and it is a very relaxed drive and I hardly feel tired even after driving in bangalore traffic. Autohold is one feature which is literally god send.

Last edited by AtheK : 19th February 2024 at 13:12.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 13:17   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I hardly feel tired even after driving in bangalore traffic. Autohold is one feature which is literally god send.
Agree with both. Driving it for over an hour and half in BLR traffic and reaching home you barely feel exhausted. This 'feels' like a luxury car in that aspect for sure! Auto hold is so good too, no need to keep your brake depressed in traffic. However, I do slot the gear in neutral if I expect the stop to exceed even 5 seconds in order to preserve the brake and powertrain's life.
Old 19th February 2024, 20:21   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Further fixes observed:
  1. Google Maps on CarPlay now switches to dark/light mode based on the car's auto-headlight unit switching on and off.
  2. In-built navigation guidance now shows on the MID. Finally!

Both fixes are very useful, however, I miss having MID navigation guidance for Google Maps on CarPlay, something I think Google will never support for Apple devices. Also, Mappls navigation is still inaccurate and is something I don't use within Bangalore.
Did you get this update this month on your infotainment system? I got this update a few months back.
Old 19th February 2024, 21:08   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
Did you get this update this month on your infotainment system? I got this update a few months back.
Yep, just received it last week. Now I understand why others got only one update, whereas I received two. Looks like the update was delayed for my vehicle.
Old 5th March 2024, 19:49   #667
BHPian

Folks- I’m yet to hit 1000 km on my ODO, and am getting only between 6-6.5 in city traffic on my petrol CVT. I’m maintaining the recommended tyre pressure, and try not to breach the 1500 rpm mark unless overtaking. Can I expect this to get better with time to at least 7-7.5? I signed up for about 7-8, but this is extremely low.
Old 5th March 2024, 23:28   #668

Quote:
Folks- I’m yet to hit 1000 km on my ODO, and am getting only between 6-6.5 in city traffic on my petrol CVT. I’m maintaining the recommended tyre pressure, and try not to breach the 1500 rpm mark unless overtaking. Can I expect this to get better with time to at least 7-7.5? I signed up for about 7-8, but this is extremely low.
You may want to try with high octane petrol and see if that helps. In Chandigarh which has relatively better traffic I was getting 7-8 with normal petrol. After switching to speed/power it seems to be a couple of kmpl higher and hovers around 9+. I was able to get 12 ish on a CHD-DEL highway run(measured tank to tank, the app showed about 14).
Old 6th March 2024, 08:57   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkassana View Post
After switching to speed/power it seems to be a couple of kmpl higher and hovers around 9+.
This is interesting, has anyone else on this forum observed similar improvement in mileage by switching to speed/power petrol?
Old 6th March 2024, 15:51   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seems odd, mine has been consistently giving me anything between 8-9, sometimes when traffic is really bad it gives 7-7.5 but hardly ever seen it give 6. Two service have been completed for me, so maybe it will get better after the first service.

Last edited by AtheK : 6th March 2024 at 15:55.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 20:43   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Seems odd, mine has been consistently giving me anything between 8-9, sometimes when traffic is really bad it gives 7-7.5 but hardly ever seen it give 6.
Is it only in Drive mode that you are getting this FE? Or do you use Eco mode as well?

Has anyone found a noticeable difference in FE while using Eco mode? I don’t use it since it makes the drive a bit wierd, with the engine losing power all of a sudden when you lift the foot off the accelerator.
Old 12th March 2024, 20:49   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it only in Drive mode that you are getting this FE? Or do you use Eco mode as well?

Has anyone found a noticeable difference in FE while using Eco mode? I don’t use it since it makes the drive a bit wierd, with the engine losing power all of a sudden when you lift the foot off the accelerator.
It's in drive mode, I just tried Eco mode once after which never used it again. You can see from screenshot though I only did 8 kms in almost 40 mins, average is still around 8.3 kmpl.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240312_204818_mg-ismart.jpg
Old 12th March 2024, 20:55   #673
BHPian

Quote:
You can see from screenshot though I only did 8 kms in almost 40 mins, average is still around 8.3 kmpl.
Wow, this is amazing by my standards. With better average speed than yours, mine is still 6.7 kmpl from today’s drive. I’m wondering if this has to do with the fact that I only have 1000 km on my ODO or if it’s going to be a permanent affair. Other than the FE though, I am loving the Hector! Every time I get in, it just feels like a car that’s 2 segments higher than where it’s positioned.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_9100.jpeg
Old 17th March 2024, 10:12   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, this is amazing by my standards. With better average speed than yours, mine is still 6.7 kmpl from today’s drive. I’m wondering if this has to do with the fact that I only have 1000 km on my ODO or if it’s going to be a permanent affair. Other than the FE though, I am loving the Hector! Every time I get in, it just feels like a car that’s 2 segments higher
Hey, I just completed 10k on the ODO. I have been consistently getting above 8.5km/l, at time above 10, during winters (Nov-Mar) without AC. Prior to that it was above 7-7.5km/l with AC during the months of Aug-Nov.

In the initial few months, it was really low and i was struggling to touch 7km/l.

However, I saw an improvement after I did a long highway trip outside Delhi in the month of Aug last year. Majority of the time i was maintaining speeds between 70-100km/hr. On my return journey, it was set on cruise control at 110km/hr. It seemed that the engine opened up post that trip and the FE improved.

Do note, the above mentioned FE is measured TF-TF.and the majority of my driving is bumper-to-bumper during peak office hours commuting between Delhi-Gurugram-Delhi.

On the MG app, even during my worse runs, I don't recall it to be dropping below 10km/l. The app always shows high FE than actual.

Sharing screenshots below for both the APP and my logs.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240317_095345_mg-ismart.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240317_095358_mg-ismart.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240317_101421_mg-ismart.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240317_101432_mg-ismart.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240317_095435_fuelio.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240317_095512_fuelio.jpg  

Last edited by ankan_g : 17th March 2024 at 10:16.
ankan_g is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 17:08   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Just realised a new bug that has been introduced with the last software update. Auto AC gets turned off every time car is turned off and I have to manually go to the AC screen and select auto every time.

Anyone else facing this issue?

On the upside Android auto is working flawlessly now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks