Team-BHP - elantra crdi versus skoda 1.9 TDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   elantra crdi versus skoda 1.9 TDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2611-elantra-crdi-versus-skoda-1-9-tdi.html)

whats do u say guyz i think skoda is far better looking car and performs well too

price tags?

well i havent driven the elantra crdi yet, so cant say much. but from first impressions i think ill go with the Octavia. one of the best diesel engines around. if the elantra crdi engine is anything to go by the one in the accent, then the octavia wins hands down. even though performance numbers are one of the best i have seen for diesel engines, it's a little high on the vibration levels side. and the elantra doesnt exactly look good, seems like darth vader's mask gone wrong.
but it would make sense to wait for an exclusive T-BHP first drive! what say guys?

I haven't checked the Elantra out. So it has to be Octavia for me. The 1.9TDi is one of the best diesel cars available in India.

Octavia all the way.

yes price tag is imp too
Elantra comes with TCS,ABS and a whole lot of other crap too

but yea octavia is a nice car
but we indian customers want VFM.

ABS and TC is available, via your right leg! So forget the elantra and get the Skoda.

Its Skoda all the way. The CRDi engine is tempting nothing special about the Elantra as such . To me it looks like a streched Accent. Sure it has all the gizmos thrown in for a less price. but it doesnt have the solid build of the Skoda. The Skoda is a very well made car, the engine is good and it gives a mileage others cars around it would die for. Add to that a set of mods like a set of meaty alloys and tyres and you have one amazing machine.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ May 27 2004,15:43)]Its Skoda all the way. The CRDi engine is tempting nothing special about the Elantra as such . To me it looks like a streched Accent. Sure it has all the gizmos thrown in for a less price. but it doesnt have the solid build of the Skoda. The Skoda is a very well made car, the engine is good and it gives a mileage others cars around it would die for. Add to that a set of mods like a set of meaty alloys and tyres and you have one amazing machine.

Cheers

I second dippy on that.

The Elantra has interiors as if they are outta some 80s Jap car. From a driving point of view, the Octavia takes the cake, but if u looking for a more peace of mind factor and space (not mine but maybe someone older, say 40+) then its the elantra.

For me, i am yet to hit 40. Therefore i take the Octavia (like JC wud have said)

Revv

Skoda man,
Wont even look at Elantra no matter wat a crappy magazine has to say about it,

P.S. Hehehehe i have never seen such a one-sided poll. 100% of the people rooting for the Octavia...lol

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ May 27 2004,15:43)]To me it looks like a streched Accent.

Thats it! You took the words outa my mouth Dippy.

Especially from the side, with that crease running just below the windows. yuck!!

Speaking of the accent, I remember some magazines saying that it looks similar to a Honda City, thats why it sells so well! ***!!

Has the world gone mad?

Well, i go with Elantra simply coz a second hand(when it's available) would cost lesser as no one is interested in it(atleast in T-BHP)!!!!!!!!

Otherwise its Octavia for me!!!!

No competition folks, the Octavia. The Elantra aint a luxury car at all. Hyundai dumped it in the C+ segment simply coz that segment was booming and they didnt have anything else to offer.

GTO

P.S. I'd like to know who voted for the Elantra

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 27 2004,19:25)]GTO

P.S. I'd like to know who voted for the Elantra

I did!!!!!!!!

I didn't want any Hyundai guy seeing our site get angry!!!!!

Honestly, I like the Octavia much better coz its got a solid build. *