Team-BHP - D Segment King- Cedia or Civic????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   D Segment King- Cedia or Civic???? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26159-d-segment-king-cedia-civic-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677 (Post 513936)
Cedia does not really compete with the Civic.
I helped a friend of mine pick up the Cedia recently. But even today he drools over the Civic and wishes he had more cash to doll out for it.

I guess the total thing is not about the drool factor at all. As a complete package "after you get over the new car stuff", the Cedia is any day better because of its genes. The fact that it is the car being used in the IRC after Baleno and Fiesta talk about its sporty nature.

Civic is a nightmare to drive on bad roads. I love the sporty civic steering though!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 514181)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay
Cedia is far more expensive to maintain though since it's spare parts are more expensive than the Civic's.

And you're basing this on?

yes. what are you basing your facts on?

Cedia sales seem to be on the rise.

Saw two registration done cars in the city today with temporary numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 514319)
yes. what are you basing your facts on?

I like Cedia over the Civic for it's looks, handling and what seems like a VFM package. I feel Civic is too expensive.

However, I have no clue about the much talked about "expensive maintenance, spare parts" of Cedia compared to Civic. I've found plenty of people agree or disagree with this. So can somebody please give a comparison of spare parts/accident parts' costs - Civic vs Cedia?

Guys,

Not sure of the Civic but here are the service costs (labour + parts) for the Cedia:

10000 km: Rs. 787
20000 km: Rs. 787
30000 km: Rs. 1476
40000 km: Rs. 4573
50000 km: Rs. 1696
60000 km: Rs. 1889
70000 km: Rs. 1476
80000 km: Rs. 4572

These are direct from the dealer so should be the last word!

Could someone post the equivalent services costs for the Civic replacement part prices for easily damaged bits like front/rear bumper, ORVMs (it's Bangalore after all!), headlights, tail-lights etc.

Thanks,

Intresting peace of news i have heard, a Evo 6 is faster then a Evo 8 on the track. The Lancer is based on the Evo 6, the Cedia on a Evo 8.

The same when it comes to resale value. I have looked at more than 2-3 online sites that advertise used cars. Have also talked to a couple of used car dealers here in Chennai. No one even has a used cedia to sell. This makes me wonder on what basis does anyone talk abt the resale value. May be am missing a point. Can someone help clarify ?

My vote for Civic, simply because of its looks - awesome looking car, except for the GC , Cedia is very good, but the Mitsubishi Brand in India did not really pick up ( they make great cars though )

my vote goes for Cedia because IMO Civic is over hyped and over priced in India...

i guess the resale value is more of a forecast rather than based onn hard historical figures.
the idealogy could be that since the sales are less, people dont want it so one has to drop the prices to sell.

just an idea of what people could be thinking of when they say resale is low etc.

Very true Ranjith! Going back into history when in the scooter world Vespa and Kinetic Honda scooters were eroding Bajaj's market share. I fondly remember the arguements of those days. "Bajaj is better as it has better resale value even if you use it for 10 years; Bajaj could be serviced by any roadside mechanic" and many more such comments favoring cheap product like Bajaj that never upgraded its product line back then.

That mindset is still there in our middle class families. We end up buying cars that has so called better resale value and better service network. I laugh my guts out when I see people making their decision on car - buying primarily for these reasons.

My opinion, sure you would sell your car someday but should that be a criteria for your purchase today; NO. Any company that is making an expensive product will give service back-up; it is a given fact.

the D-segment king for me will be and remain the CIVIC!
civic is the modern car, where as the lancer is out of the pic.

hey dosent cedia fall under this lancer category sorry D-segment category!

Quote:

hey dosent cedia fall under this lancer category sorry D-segment category!
Mitsubishi Lancer here is the Cedia, the Cedia is also better known as Lancer Cedia :)

It has to be Civic undoubtebly. Smashing looking car, Lovely interiors, Decent Maintanence and above all a Honda.
Cedia is a good car, but it looks a little weird. Moreover, the earlier Lancer looked much superior and chic than the Cedia.

X

Less used Cedias on road means, no owner wants to sell the car. When someone wants to retain the car, it will be for reasons that he is liking not because he is not finding a person to buy.
Yesterday I saw a black Cedia Sports zip away with corolla and accord on the same road. I could notice people trying to get a glimpse of this unknown car. curiosity as they may say.