Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2004, 18:20   #1
BHPian

Last week a friend of mine got a letter from Honda giving them an appointment to send their car back to the dealer to replace faulty dampers.Today another friend and I both got letters(i got a call) saying to send cars back for free replacements.
Sad Sad day that a co like HONDA should make defective cars.Worries the hell outta one if one ever wanted to buy an accord!!
Old 17th June 2004, 19:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Don't blame Honda, blame it on the vendor. Honda found a few defective pieces in a batch but are going to replace the whole lot. Be thankful that

1: They are making an effort to contact you to resolve it
2: they are not doing a Mitsubishi and hiding this

Mistakes happen and allow them the opportunity to correct it.
Old 17th June 2004, 19:43   #3
BHPian

so true ajamt....i made a mistake
Old 17th June 2004, 19:46   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well,

This is nothing but a case of product recall.

But I must add, I am mighty surprised that the New Honda City had to encounter such problems.

GTO
Old 17th June 2004, 20:52   #5
Team-BHP Support

Its a component fault , I would be worried if it was a design fault
Old 17th June 2004, 21:33   #6
BHPian

Happens all the time. Really, I don't think it is a cause for alarm - Make sure you get the faulty part replaced.
Old 17th June 2004, 23:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

what part??
i didnt get any call or letter, should i conact the dealer?
Old 18th June 2004, 02:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i didnt get any call or letter, should i conact the dealer?
Must be on it's way. Or maybe your car doesn't belong to the batch that had the defective part. Nevertheless, it would be a good idea to contact your dealer and get a confirmation that your vehicle is in fact not impacted.
Old 22nd June 2004, 19:31   #9
SCH
BHPian

I had gone for second service, and they replaced my dampers., even though I had not got any letter from honda.
one more problem which I encountered was the windscreen cracked on its own and the dealer has replaced it during warranty. i also came to know from the dealer that one out of 100 cars is having the windscreen cracking problem
Old 22nd June 2004, 20:37   #10
Max
BHPian

Today i enquired about New Honda City at bombay dealers and they said delivery time is 13 to 14 weeks. Yikes. That's about 3 months!!!!. I think 2 weeks more will be added for registration and other formalities !!!
Old 22nd June 2004, 20:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

got my letter guys, they called the car for the works on thu
Old 22nd June 2004, 21:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]one more problem which I encountered was the windscreen cracked on its own
Now that's a serious problem ! Wonder why the windshield would 'crack' voluntarily. I have heard of this phenomenon before (owing to sudden temperature changes, etc), but 1 out of 100 is not a very promising statistic ! I hope the dealer is wrong.
Old 22nd June 2004, 21:21   #13
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Powerslave @ June 22 2004,19:37)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]one more problem which I encountered was the windscreen cracked on its own
Now that's a serious problem ! Wonder why the windshield would 'crack' voluntarily. I have heard of this phenomenon before (owing to sudden temperature changes, etc), but 1 out of 100 is not a very promising statistic ! I hope the dealer is wrong.
Ya Powerslave is right may be due to heat ....
Thats why many say keep a bit of window open in summer to avoid such thing

Old 24th June 2004, 14:19   #14
SCH
BHPian

i thought similar to your views about the windscreen cracking because of temprature variations.But what surprised me was the promptness in replacing by the dealer. On inquiry from technical staff / mechanics I was told that there is a batch problem of ASAHI windscreen, and the dealer is replacing them as and when a problem is being reported. What happens to those customers if it happens out side warranty.

One more peculiar issue was a plasticky noise coming from the dashboard, on slightly uneven / rough road. The problem was rectified by putting some padding at the wheel cap. Imagine a wheelcap banging against the wheel and the noise is heard inside. I had a terrible time in figuring it out for a month. Thanks to the mechanic at South end Honda at Delhi ,it was rectified.
Old 1st July 2004, 01:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Personally I have no problems with recalls. It happens all over the world and is a good way to solve a defect in the car. What i don't agree with is the hypocracy ppl have shown in india abt Honda siel recalling the city.
When honda recalls it's maturity on their part. If a similar thing was done by maruti, ford or fiat ppl would have called all their cars poor quality products and sales would have crashed in the very next month!.

Most Viewed