Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 11:08   #16
BHPian

Re: What are smart design choices that automakers should launch for Indian needs?

A lot of features are desired, i guess it would be more beneficial if the manufacturers work on making their cars more fundamentally sound. We have been seeing too many issues like epc, fuel pump, alternators, steering, s/w etc etc that too when people are plonking money on the cars as if there is no tomorrow.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 11:32   #17
BHPian

Re: What are smart design choices that automakers should launch for Indian needs?

Few features which are not at all fancy and all Indian cars(at least top variants) should have is
a)some kind of under body protection at least under the engine bay.
b)extendable sun visors.
c)UV cut glass
Old 30th January 2023, 13:21   #18
BHPian

I need only simple things

1. Automatic High/Low beam as mandatory for all vehicles. I had enough with the morons driving/riding with high beams all the time
2. UV Cut glasses as standard for all cars
3. Usable Customization options from the factory during booking (Like configuring laptops @ Dell website)
Asish_VK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 14:05   #19

I just need some simple things which is easy to implement.

1. UV Cut glasses standard for all cars (At least in mid to Top variants)
2. All variants should have AT and MT options (For example, I should have bought Taigun GT Plus if it was available in MT)
3. Sunroof should be completely optional (Users should be able to purchase a Top end version without sunroof also)
4. Front parking sensors should be available at least in Top trims of all the cars.
5. 6 Airbags for all cars (regulation coming soon anyways)
6. Dash cams for all cars at least in Top trims.
Carlove_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 15:26   #20
BHPian

I seriously wish manufacturers prioritise
1)blind spot monitoring
2)360 degree cameras
And make them mandatory in all vehicles including HMV’s
Instead of ADAS for which Indian roads and traffic are not yet ready IMHO.
Where as 1 and 2 will go a long way in actually helping the driver to avoid accidents and mishaps especially the lorry and truck drivers in highway.
Dr Alpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 19:45   #21
BHPian

Small cars with torque-converter automatics.

This is not something novel for the Indian market. There was a time when many such cars dotted our price lists. The Hyundai Santro, Maruti A-Star, Maruti Wagon-R are the ones that I can name off the top of my head.

But now, even if I'm willing to pay more, there are no options for small cars with real automatics.

Death to AMTs . Just kidding of course. I can say that because I've had an AMT car for 8 years now.

Last edited by lordrayden : 1st February 2023 at 19:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks