Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 16:53   #16

re: Jeep sold me a repainted Meridian 4x4

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your responses and yes I love the machine. But this is something I brought to Landmark GGN attention during the 2nd week of ownership and they told me someone from FCA Pune will come and visit the car etc in January.

That didn't happen. So then I emailed anyone/everyone I could find via LinkedIn etc. in Jeep. That got me a prompt response, they took my VIN/registration number and as of today, I've got a call from Jeep confirming that an Engineer will be inspecting the car thoroughly this Thursday/Friday. They'll do their own readings basis which next steps would be decided!

Will keep all of you folks posted here.
OnceUponARohan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
I noticed one Issue though with the car recently, when I took it to get it washed etc. The side on A pillar above the driver has been repainted! The paint thickness gauge gives a number of 140+ thickness reading and there are paint pin holes there. I raised it to Landmark Jeep GGN and they told me they've further escalated it to Jeep HQ Pune and some engineer will come etc. but till now nothing has happened!

Ask to the community, is there something I can do here?
Hello.

Getting a high DFT reading will not necessarily help you in identifying the actual location (OEM/transportation/dealership) where the defect has occurred (sigh).

Based on your observation of pin holes present, it indicates more towards an outside work as OEM reworks are checked and checked and checked (not saying that it is a foolproof system). The only downside for darker colors is that majority of the paint defects that you feel are quite noticeable on other colors might be missed (particularly in black color).

Best you can do under the current circumstances (if not willing to return the vehicle) is to get an extended warranty/protection plan on the paint (in particular from the high DFT area). If you are enjoying the vehicle mechanically or otherwise (apart from the paint), Hakuna Matata then!

Last edited by ReventonLover : 30th January 2023 at 17:32. Reason: Spell check, syntax correction.
ReventonLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 18:11   #18
BHPian

In a few words, it is too late.

If you had found this during your PDI, you could have asked for another car. Now that you have owned and run it for so long, the easiest thing for them to do is either shrug like they don't know what happened, or even worse, blame it on you saying you may have repainted it. This is not going to go anywhere except make you lose sleep over something that is trivial. Even luxury cars go through scratches, dents and repaints. Though my Bimmer is PPF'ed, I have had two incidents that needed minor repainting of the front bumper. My front windshield has a lot of specs and it might need replacement in a year.

The only way you will not need to repaint parts of your car is if you park it like a garage queen . You've bought a nice car and you should enjoy it. Drive it and accept the fact that there will be casualties through the ownership of your car and forget about this incident.
HighRevving is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Now since the issue has been raised and Jeep / OEM has reacted, let this be a litmus test for their customer centricity. No harm

The larger member population in the forum will get to see how the OEM plays out and yields with some goodwill (which the best possible outcome) or just absolves itself and the dealer from any kind of obligation.

Last edited by i74js : 30th January 2023 at 22:55.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 10:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponARohan View Post
I noticed one Issue though with the car recently, when I took it to get it washed etc. The side on A pillar above the driver has been repainted! The paint thickness gauge gives a number of 140+ thickness reading and there are paint pin holes there. I raised it to Landmark Jeep GGN and they told me they've further escalated it to Jeep HQ Pune and some engineer will come etc. but till now nothing has happened!

Ask to the community, is there something I can do here?
Since this is already escalated to Jeep, please follow-up with them directly. Directly meaning, call/email Jeep support and raise a complaint. I won't trust the dealership to timely raise these issues with the manufacturer and if its dealerships fault, they will never

OT : I'm for sure going to invest in a 'coating gauge meter' before I buy my next car!!
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:10   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
I believe FCA and TATA share the same Pune facility, you can watch below video about Tata Safari paint issues.
Nope, the paint booth for both the manufacturers is at their respective sites, Ranjangaon for Jeep India and Pune for Tata Motors.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 18:46   #22

Re: Jeep sold me a repainted Meridian 4x4

So quick update folks, I showed Jeep Landmark Service centre the car and they took a detailed report and raised it to Jeep HQ. Next week, there would be technicians coming down from Jeep HQ to inspect the car & then take the final call on this issue!

Thanks for all the help folks. Will keep you all posted on the developments
OnceUponARohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 20:57   #23
BHPian

Re: Jeep sold me a repainted Meridian 4x4

I had booked a white Jeep Meridian 4x4 and paint quality is one of the reasons why I chose to cancel it.
The paint defects were evident especially on the blacked out roof part.

This was not limited to one or two models.
All Meridians in stock had this issue.

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 12th February 2023 at 21:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks