Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 15:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India

Renault has announced the launch of its 2023 model range, which includes the updated Kiger, Triber and Kwid.

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-renault_bs-vi-range.png

Renault’s 2023 model line-up comes with updated engines that comply with BS6 Step 2 emission norms. In addition to catalytic converters and oxygen sensors, the cars are equipped with a self-diagnostic device, which constantly monitors the vehicle’s emission levels while driving.

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-bs-vi-kiger.png

As far as safety systems are concerned, Renault has made features like Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Traction Control and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System as standard on the 2023 Kiger and Triber. These features are also available in select variants of the 2023 Kwid.

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-kwid.png

The 2023 Renault Kwid is available in a new RXE variant powered by a 1.0-litre engine. It is priced at Rs 4.69 lakh (ex-showroom). The car also gets features like ORVMs with integrated turn indicators and steering-mounted audio and phone controls.

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-triber.png

On the other hand, the 2023 Renault Triber gets chrome door handles and new seat upholstery.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd February 2023 at 15:48.
TusharK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:35   #2
BHPian

Re: Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India

ESP, TPMS and HSA should have been offered in the Kiger from the very beginning only. Renault is late in the game. Magnite has had these from the very beginning. Only if Renault can maintain the competitive pricing.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2023 at 10:45. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
Bismaya is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd February 2023, 21:49   #3
BHPian

I had not opted for Kiger in December last year when I found out that Renault was not offering Hill Hold , ESP and Traction control when its sibling Magnite already got the same features . It was Renault's loss and I opted for another manufacturer . I could never decipher why features were different in Nissan and Renault for the same car. Boot space was different. Airbags count was different and so on.
pranjal1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 22:42   #4
BHPian

Can someone explain to me the differences between the Kwid, Kiger and Triber? For the love of god I am not able to understand which segment each of these cars fall into. I can make out Kwid is the hatchback but what are the others?
Old 3rd February 2023, 08:27   #5
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Can someone explain to me the differences between the Kwid, Kiger and Triber? For the love of god I am not able to understand which segment each of these cars fall into. I can make out Kwid is the hatchback but what are the others?
The Kwid is the small 3.7m long compact city car (hatchback), the Triber is the sub 4 metre 7-seater and the Kiger is the sub 4 metre crossover. The Kiger comes in a choice of 2 engines, a 1 litre N.A. petrol which also does the job on the Triber and a 1-litre Turbo Petrol.
bijims is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 08:43   #6
BANNED

They should give 1L turbo to Triber or give 1.2 L 4 cylinder engine with around 80-85 BHP to both Triber and Kiger.
Anxiousblock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 09:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Renault India introduces the all new 2023 range compliant with BS VI STEP 2 emission norms.

Press Release

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-smartselect_20230203094553_drive.jpg

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-smartselect_20230203094611_drive.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd February 2023 at 09:49.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:26   #8
BHPian

Wow!! I had thought in 2019 that Renault will offer Triber with the more powerful & already available 1.0 Turbo petrol engine in a year. I don't know if they are lazy or just reluctant.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 11:07   #9
BHPian

Perhaps not to eat into Kiger sales? That's the only reason I can think of. Triber is one of the most anemic MUVs, but it's the cheapest on available with all the basic stuff. With Turbo I think there should be considerable increase in sales.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 11:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

More than anything I hope they fix the AC issues specially on the Kiger. I know a lot of owners specially in north India who face issue of inadequate cooling during harsh summers. Considering that we are moving towards extreme climate conditions, summers would get only harsher. Unfortunately, Kiger's AC cannot cool the cabin adquately anything about 40 degrees outside.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 11:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
They should give 1L turbo to Triber or give 1.2 L 4 cylinder engine with around 80-85 BHP to both Triber and Kiger.
I couldn't agree more. As a fellow Kiger owner, it doesn't hurt have a wishful thinking when it comes to the vehicle. I think the reason for Nissin and Renault JV using the 1.0 3 Cyl Mill is to cut on the cost and offer the vehicles in a competitive price range that other CSUV makers are unable to.

Also, a 1.2L 4 Cyl would attract a higher taxation and hence make less of a statement for the car's USP (i.e competitve pricing).

When it comes to the Triber I think they should definitely consider offering the 1.0 Turbo as an option, atleast on the Top Variant(s) along with the CVT transmission. The RXZ is easily the most common sold variant of the Triber and that only goes to prove that people can shell out the extra budget for the top model. I am sure most masses wouldn't mind paying the extra for the Turbo.

A friend of mine who runs a Ertiga has considered buying a Triber. His only concern being that the Triber won't hold up on the 90-100km/hr speeds throughout the day on long haulsand with 5-6 passengers onboard, something that Ertiga does with much ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
More than anything I hope they fix the AC issues specially on the Kiger. I know a lot of owners specially in north India who face issue of inadequate cooling during harsh summers. Considering that we are moving towards extreme climate conditions, summers would get only harsher. Unfortunately, Kiger's AC cannot cool the cabin adquately anything about 40 degrees outside.
Agreed on this a well. The AC isn't a chiller but I have that the Garware Suncontrol window film helps to a great extent. Even in October heat (40-42 degrees) I have driven the Kiger with the AC fully serviced. And the sunfilms help to a great extent to cool the cabin. I find that to be an inexpensive investment for something on a budget.

However, I would greatly appreciate if Renault makes an effort to improve the AC in future. The fuel consumption with AC is on the higher side compared to 4 Cyl Engines. In city usage, the efficiency drops to 14.4-14.5kmpl with AC on throughout the ride.

Last edited by Bismaya : 3rd February 2023 at 11:42.
Bismaya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:11   #12

Kiger should have gotten these features in its previous model itself. Nevertheless better late than never into the game. Hopefully, they make good sales this year.
These are the prices shown for the Kiger on their website.
The prices are up by 60,000 for the top-end model RXZ Turbo CVT DT which is now priced at 11,22,990. I myself bought the MY2022 model which was priced at 10,62,000 Ex Showroom.

Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India-ren23.png
envira is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 01:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
These are exactly my views as well. I wonder why they didn't opt for 1.2L engine from Go/Go+. Engine is the main reason due to which I didn't go for Kiger (other being thin metal sheet body).
Ton Ami is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 11:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ton Ami View Post
These are exactly my views as well. I wonder why they didn't opt for 1.2L engine from Go/Go+. Engine is the main reason due to which I didn't go for Kiger (other being thin metal sheet body).
I am not entirely certain of this but it was mentioned somewhere that the usage of 1.0 engine was to keep the costs under check on on the overall price of the car, since the 1.2L displacement might be attracting higher taxes and all.
Old 5th February 2023, 11:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

The lack of 4 cylinder smoothness is why I can never recommend the Renault/Nissan products to my friends and family. The test run cars vibrate and sound like a tractor.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks