Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 19:25   #1
BHPian

Nissan Magnite updated for 2023 with more safety features

Nissan India has updated its sub compact SUV, the Magnite.It now comes with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Tyre Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) as standard.

Nissan Magnite updated for 2023 with more safety features-update-magnite-2023.jpg

Nissan Magnite offers two engine options. A 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, 71 BHP, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 96 Nm torque and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, 99BHP, turbo petrol unit that produces 160 Nm torque. Both engines comes with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. The 1.0 litre turbo petrol engine is also offered with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) option. Nissan Magnite comes in XE, XL, XV Executive, XV & XV Premium models.

Last edited by swiftvxi06 : 19th February 2023 at 19:26.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 19:44   #2
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite updated for 2023 with more safety features

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
Nissan India has updated its sub compact SUV, the Magnite.It now comes with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Tyre Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) as standard.
While it is a welcome move to see a good set of safety features being offered as a standard, not sure why Nissan isn't offering six airbags even in 2023 for Magnite. Its sibling Kiger too offers only side airbags on selected variants, but not curtain. Not sure whether the platform itself isn't built for accommodating curtain airbags.
skarthiksr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 08:27   #3
BHPian

Wow, great safety feature additions and that too as a standard. Nissan just need to add more dealers and service centres across the country which will impart confidence in prospective customers.
Renault Kiger is doing pretty good considering its a same car due to more visibility of Renault

Last edited by grshnehete : 20th February 2023 at 08:28. Reason: Spell check
grshnehete is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Not sure whether the platform itself isn't built for accommodating curtain airbags.
The CMF-A based Dacia Spring has curtain airbags so it would be surprising if CMF-A+ isn't designed for them.
ron178 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:39   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Magnite updated for 2023 with more safety features

Extremely happy to see these features in a market that is becoming increasingly safety-conscious. ESC especially can be a life-saving technology in an emergency situation.

Let's not forget that the Magnite scored a respectable 4 stars in the GNCAP.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:01   #6
BHPian

Nissan's offering for Magnite is simply fantastic, and I think Nissan has what it takes to compete against the Korean and German teams. They just need to spread their service network, and I'm not sure what's stopping them from releasing a new version of Kicks.
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 19:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
I have been in both your and BHPian cdibya's Magnites and have found the car to be spacious and sorted with decent ride quality. BHPian Mile_breaker's test drive in your car was quite an eye opener on the performance of the car. I also drove cdibya's Magnite extensively on the way to Delo and the experience was quite impressive. The car tackled the uphill climb with aplomb. I think the Magnite is a great VFM proposition in its segment and probably the only area where Nissan could have done better was in parts quality and durability - the fact that Nissan is offering only a 2 year 50000 kms warranty as standard is a bit worrisome for those with high running. This is one aspect that Nissan can address to make the car completely sorted. Also, considering the high position of the dashboard, having driver seat height adjustment across all variants may not be a bad idea at all.
Neversaygbye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 07:57   #8

These safety features were available on top varients already. It's good to see safety for all. But I must say, TPMS and HSA performance could have been better. Anyhow, it's a good move from Nissan and thanks to Swiftvxi06 for updating us.
cdibya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 08:45   #9
BANNED

They should get rid of that Datsun Go front design at the first opportunity. Also any update about E20 compatibility?
Old 21st February 2023, 11:28   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
They should get rid of that Datsun Go front design at the first opportunity. Also any update about E20 compatibility?
The front is a matter of subjective opinion. I really quite dig it. Much better than the i10, i20, sonet, and the ugly abomination that is the venue.

There is no official word on E20 compatibility in India, but i read that the version sold in Vietnam is claimed to be E20 compatible. AFAIK there is only one version of the magnite - the one being assembed in India so it bodes well for the E20 compatibility of the Magnite here too. That said, best wait for official word on it.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 12:58   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
The front is a matter of subjective opinion.
I am not saying it is good or not. But is same as Datsun Go. They should change it to something more Nissan, like V motion grill.
Anxiousblock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
I am not saying it is good or not. But is same as Datsun Go. They should change it to something more Nissan, like V motion grill.
And I'm saying it looks a world better than the puny front of most Nissan cars (Kicks, Qashqai etc) which look like it were made for much smaller cars.

Sure there maybe a touch too much chrome on the front here on the magnite, but it looks better to me than the standard Nissan design language which is a little too weird looking on larger cars.
Transmission is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:06   #13
BHPian

Everything is perfect with the new releases, especially with the added safety features. It would be even better if they could provide some of those features to existing users for an additional charge. I would be very interested in having a bird's-eye view, especially if it's directly from a Nissan Fit.
Old 26th February 2023, 14:18   #14
BHPian

Great that these safety features are now offered as standard across all models but that Premium model has very little highlights now �� Feel, they should just include the tech pack into the Premium model itself!
Old 26th February 2023, 17:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmeter View Post
Great that these safety features are now offered as standard across all models but that Premium model has very little highlights now �� Feel, they should just include the tech pack into the Premium model itself!
Agreed. To be honest if they could just add better interiors (colors of the seats and the fabric used for armrests and sides) as a package or higher variant - even if it costs 50k more - I'd absolutely be happier.

The current all-back interiors create an illusion of no space making it feel a lot more claustrophobic than it actually is.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks