Team-BHP - Any Lancers on Team-BHP?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Any Lancers on Team-BHP? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2631-any-lancers-team-bhp.html)

Hey,

Do any of you Team-BHPians own a nice petrol Lancer. It was surely an amazing car in its time. Looks, performance, handling and amazing ride qualities saw it fighting neck to neck with the previous gen Honda City in the sales charts for a while. Even today, I consider it to be one of the best looking Indian cars around...especially an example with an alloy/tyre combo.

Me and Rehaan realised this in Panchgani, that we havent heard anyone owning a Lancer yet on Team-BHP. Or wait, there was one which was modded and then un-turboed?

GTO

Yeah GTO,

I think we came to the conclusion that nobody here has a N/A lancer, there was sawan, KS motorsport and pranav jairam's TC'd lancers!
Whats that thing TBHPians keep saying about BHP is never enough?

cya
R

Well,yeah quite a few Lancers in my group here as well as in mumbai 5 Lancers,3 Hondas,2 Ikons and 2 Esteems....My friends in mumbai are lancer freaks wit sum gr8 mods n stuff.......I own a lancer in mumbai too and also drive a friends evo 4 here........As far as the mumbai cars are concerned all of em have been fitted with the regular free flow exhaust by automechs,k&n oil and air filter,KyB suspensions and a few wit t32 turbos etc........
And i love the lancers tooo,they beat hondas in looks,but ar kinda drags on power.....hate the gear ratios,but my lancer can beat the hell outta any of the honda vtec and even corollas for that matter of fact........
night drag time in panvel by a modded lancer of my group - 15.89 sec!!!!
Will post a few pics wen i return to mumbai around this month-end for a much required break!!!!
Laterz!!!!1

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Shuut, thats fast!! Turbo or NOS I presume? All the modded lancers at the Speedrun were all show and no go. Good to hear of a well-performing one!!

What mods do you have on your Lancer? And yes...waiting for the pictures

GTO

was in lonavla for the weekend. saw the red lancer which u are taking bot GTO. i did happen to speak to the guys. who did u say it belonged to again ? ronnie or something right.

Speaking of Lancers, just yesterday I sat in one. It was a diesel. Incidently, this was my first time in a diesel Lancer. It's a very good car if you want an allrounder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 05 2004,21:55)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Shuut, thats fast!! Turbo or NOS I presume? All the modded lancers at the Speedrun were all show and no go. Good to hear of a well-performing one!!

What mods do you have on your Lancer? And yes...waiting for the pictures

GTO

Yeah u bet,it is damn fasttt......Its got a t32 turbo wit sum gear ratio adjustments,sum piston stuff wit ntrr super dynamic exhaust imported by my friend himself n fitted by automech.......he was upto sumthin more,but i had already left india then.....He's also got a Rally License issued by the M.A.I.
And as far as mine is concerned......well,its got a customised Evo kit imported from Dubai.......but do not have the Evo spoiler,instead i've fixed an Alluminium Wing Spoiler for better DownForce and Grounding......Have got 15"SSR Mags wit 205/55 Pirelli P5000 tyres,Red Neon Kit,Sparco seats,a complete Hood with the usual K&N Oil n Air Filter wit free flow exhausts n yeah ofcourse the gear ratios have been changed.......
Currently its lying around in my Garage back in Mumbai wit either my sis or my friendz using it......
Cant wait to get back and soup it up for more......possibly wit a NX system,turbos etc..
And as far as the SpeedRun 2004 was concerned,we were just spectators of all these machines,as 4 of our cars were not in the perfect of state and plus they was sum engine f--k up on 1 of the lancers during the qualifyings....
But SpeedRun 2005,we've got surprise machines for under 2000cc category and 2000cc plus......just wait n watch!!!
Newaz,dats it for now........
Pics later dis month wen i get back to mumbai....
Laterz!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Its got a t32 turbo wit sum gear ratio adjustments,sum piston stuff wit ntrr super dynamic exhaust imported by my friend himself n fitted by automech.......he was upto sumthin more,but i had already left india then.....He's also got a Rally License issued by the M.A.I.

This Lancer sounds delicious. I'd like to see this car, if possible when you are in Bombay. Also tell your friend about Team-BHP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]but do not have the Evo spoiler,instead i've fixed an Alluminium Wing Spoiler for better DownForce and Grounding.....

Trust me, its not providing you any downforce. It looks cool - Thats it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]ofcourse the gear ratios have been changed.......

What exactly have you done with the Lancers gearing? Made it shorter or taller? Do you tinker around with the individual gears, or change just the final drive?

GTO

Hey GTO,
I'll be in India by the end of this month or August 1st week.U can then check out this and all the other machines in our group.Maybe we can have a meet up too 1 day.

As far as the DownForce is concerned, upto 60kmph its all show off......but 1ce u clock 120kmph-140kmph then u know how uselful the spoiler is.Dont forget the Lancer is a light car all of 985kgs.It is lighter from the rear,and with the Alluminium Wing Spoiler being heavy,it provides a lotta effect.U just have to pop the boot and hold it to know the difference!!

Finally,i have shorter individual gear ratios......
1st - esteeem
2nd - zen
3rd - lancer
4th - city
5th - lancer
And trust me,it makes helluva difference in the driving.
LAterz!!!

Hey gTr,

Thats an interesting set of ratios you have there!

I will agree with you on the spoiler! It sure will make a difference at speeds of 100Km/h or above!

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gTr @ July 07 2004,12:50)]Finally,i have shorter individual gear ratios......
1st - esteeem
2nd - zen
3rd - lancer
4th - city
5th - lancer
And trust me,it makes helluva difference in the driving.
LAterz!!!

Very interesting...but, may i know the reason for the choice of the various ratios

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Dont forget the Lancer is a light car all of 985kgs.

Nope, its the old Gen Honda City which weighs 985. Your Lancer weighs 1010 kg stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]It is lighter from the rear,and with the Alluminium Wing Spoiler being heavy,it provides a lotta effect

Well, if its the "weight" of the rear wing, and not aerodynamic downforce thats making a difference - What can I say?

How come you chose ratios from 4 different cars? What exactly were you looking at - making the gearing shorter or taller? And where do your friends get the turbo implant in their lancers...

GTO

Hey
Yeah,true it not 985kgs.I got confused wit Honda.Thnx for the correction.
But,the 25kg difference hardly makes any major difference,cos the alluminium wing spoiler weighs bout 8-10kgs if im not mistaken,so the car improvises on the minute grounding feature.

As far as the gear ratios are concerned,i was advised to do so by a friend of mine from Pune.Infact he's the 1 who got the wok dun for me as well as the TC installation.He does'nt have any shop n stuff.He used to work for Nissan in Singapore.
He basically sets up his friends cars n has a lotta info bout engines n stuff.
I wanted longer gear ratios,wit good initial pick up n a smooth follow up on the 2nd....as basically for the Drags,one can hardly shift on the 4th.And wot better than a Esteem 1st and Zen 2nd lined up wit Lancer 3rd.And moreso,it wud be advantageous wen i install NOS for the Speedrun,as i can pull it up on the 2nd gear.So,that was the reason to put up these ratios as i dunt want to pop up my hood every now n then.....
Laterz!!!1

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And moreso,it wud be advantageous wen i install NOS for the Speedrun,

Awesome, so there are going to be a lot of cars at the next speedrun with Team-BHP stickers!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 09 2004,10:34)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And moreso,it wud be advantageous wen i install NOS for the Speedrun,

Awesome, so there are going to be a lot of cars at the next speedrun with Team-BHP stickers!

GTO

Certainly......my entire group of 8-10 cars are participating.N all loaded up.......I guess by the end of this year,we all shud install NOS n start testing.Afterall,its not all that easy to handle a Nitrous car!!!!
How bout NOS in ya Vtec? Wud be amazin!!!