Team-BHP - BMW 530d M-Sport discontinued | Updated 520d M Sport launched instead
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW 530d M-Sport discontinued | Updated 520d M Sport launched instead (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/263146-bmw-530d-m-sport-discontinued-updated-520d-m-sport-launched-instead-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedricsg (Post 5506198)
Is the 530iM Sport still available? It appears all the cars that I am fond off just disappear. The standard 3 Series and now this one. An enthusiast sedan is going to be a rare breed. I guess, I better grab the 340i before it vanishes in 2025/26.

530i has also been discontinued but it is still listed on the website. I enquired with dealers across 3 to 4 states. No one is ready to sell 530i. Only a select few pieces are available with some dealers in stock.
Everyone wants to push 330Li.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 5506252)
A car maker like BMW needs aspirational models and variants that embody the personality of the brand. For every 10 buyers who buy a 3 cylinder 136 BHP X1, there needs to be a friend in their Circle who is a brand ambassador, one who owns a 530D that they can all admire and aspire for someday - This keeps the faith in the brand and allows the riff-raff variants like the X1 petrol to co-exist.

Absolutely true. A decade back a few known people in circle had
320d E90
530d F10
320d M-Sport Coral Red Interior F30

These surely shaped aspiration for BMW for powerful engines and driving dynamics. Back in 2018 BMW X1 20d Expedition Variant was the most affordable BMW with 190 Ponies and great fun to drive. I know its FWD but still.

Today its just BMW badge and nothing aspirational.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inwester (Post 5506371)
In India where most manufacturers have progressed, the luxury market seems to have regressed.

This line just sums it up what is wrong with luxury segment. Atleast I can say from enthusiast point of view.

VW Virtus 1.5 TSI GT is more VFM than a BMW X1 U11 18i or 18d with its obnoxious pricing and now meagre 5 yr warranty. VW comes with 7 year warranty.

Ventilated Seats are so common on C segment cars and no luxury brand offers it in their starting range.

Full size spare and big boot whereas you get a space saver and small boot. (Have full size spare in my X1 F48 boot:D)

I could go on as I have experienced this with BMW and no longer see it worthy & practical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 5506667)
VW Virtus 1.5 TSI GT is more VFM than a BMW X1 U11 18i or 18d with its obnoxious pricing and now meagre 5 yr warranty. VW comes with 7 year warranty.

This is something that I just can't understand. Why drop the 6 year warranty. It was a paid extra anyway. The 5 year warranty price has also gone up by a significant amount.

Is BMW just not confident enough about their auto's anymore or were there too many claims in the 5 - 6 year period?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5506052)
I'm guessing the 2024 China G6x model will come over in LWB form with the 3.0 diesel + 48 volt mild hybrid. Also, very likely that BMW will axe the SWB just as in the 3 Series.

In addition to the regular 4 cyl engines (hybridised) coming in the next gen LWB 5 series, its likely that BMW India may reserve the 6 cyl diesel to come in a M Performance 'Diesel' Avatar with a 40 or a 50d for the SWB :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 5507048)
In addition to the regular 4 cyl engines (hybridised) coming in the next gen LWB 5 series, its likely that BMW India may reserve the 6 cyl diesel to come in a M Performance 'Diesel' Avatar with a 40 or a 50d for the SWB :)

:loveit. Is there a new 3.0 in development or is this that monstrous quad turbo 2018 version?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...l-turbo-wagon/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey (Post 5507043)
The 5 year warranty price has also gone up by a significant amount.

5 Year BRI now costs same as 6th year previously.

Even 10 year/1,00,000 Km BSI & BSI+ have been discontinued citing customers were holding onto cars for longer.

Max BSI is now 6 years only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey (Post 5507043)
Is BMW just not confident enough about their auto's anymore or were there too many claims in the 5 - 6 year period?

BMW products are pretty robust compared to its counterpart. Likely too many claims in 5-6 year period. But BMW were any ways charging same amount paid for 5th year if you wanted 6th year BRI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5507094)
:loveit. Is there a new 3.0 in development or is this that monstrous quad turbo 2018 version?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...l-turbo-wagon/

3.0 L B57 straight-6 Quad Turbo engine has been discontinued in 2020 itself. No further development or use.

BMW X7 M50d was the only vehicle to come with it; at Rs. 1.6 Crore price tag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 5507048)

Karan, do you have any insider tip on this? :)
Wanting more and more for this to turn true. 540d would just be the perfect saloon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tutenkhamen (Post 5517209)
Karan, do you have any insider tip on this? :)
Wanting more and more for this to turn true. 540d would just be the perfect saloon!

No, just trying to connect the dots as the x7 lost its 30d in favour of 40d. Also the SUV competition in Merc is using 400d tune (GLE & GLS). Hence I think the correct move for BMW would be to retire the 30d in India and launch + standardise the next/upcoming models with 40d tune. Hope for the best :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 5505512)
The BMW 5 Series is also available in 530i M Sport trim. It is priced at Rs 65.40 lakh (ex-showroom).

Has BMW discontinued the 530i as well? The website is listing the 520d M Sport as the only variant available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojc (Post 5570601)
Has BMW discontinued the 530i as well? The website is listing the 520d M Sport as the only variant available.

Yup, discontinued. Only variant now is the 520D. But should be back in a hybrid form in 2024.