Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 10:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Hyundai discontinues Creta SX Executive variant

According to a media report, Hyundai has made some changes to the Creta variant lineup. It is said that the SUV is no longer available in SX Executive trim. It also loses the Mulberry Red exterior colour.

Rumour: Hyundai discontinues Creta SX Executive variant-hyundai_creta_suv_gallery_pc_1120x600_2.jpg

The Creta SX Executive was available with the 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine options priced at Rs 13,99,500 and Rs 15,43,300 (ex-showroom). Both versions came with a 6-speed manual transmission. While the report claims the variant has been discontinued, it is still listed on the brand’s official website.

Hyundai introduced the 2023 Creta earlier this year. The SUV is available with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options as before, while the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol has been discontinued. That being said, the latter will be replaced with a new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine in the near future.

With the SX Executive trim removed, customers are left with a choice of six variants: E, EX, S, SX, SX (O) and Knight Edition.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th March 2023 at 10:29.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 11:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hyundai discontinues Creta SX Executive variant

Any reason why they discontinued Mulberry red? I think it was selling pretty well. Maybe not as well as the white but still I think it was a hit color.
Revvatron is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

SX Executive was launched as a stop gap arrangement to tide over chip shortage and ensure faster delivery vs SX and SX(O) variants for customers who were ok with less features. Now that chip shortage issue is somewhat less critical, Hyundai might have removed the SX Exec model as delivery of other higher variants are not so delayed anymore.

I am perplexed by the color choice reduction. First they removed blue and now mulberry red, the color options have become quite limited and boring. I wish they introduce some nice and exciting colors.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 00:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Any reason why they discontinued Mulberry red? I think it was selling pretty well. Maybe not as well as the white but still I think it was a hit color.
One - Mulberry Red was the slowest color in Creta's Portfolio | Second - Mulberry Red became unique to Domestic Creta to utilize the paint tank for new color the same has been discontinued. Sooner we should see Fiery Red just like Venue in Creta as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
SX Executive was launched as a stop gap arrangement to tide over chip shortage and ensure faster delivery vs SX and SX(O) variants for customers who were ok with less features. Now that chip shortage issue is somewhat less critical, Hyundai might have removed the SX Exec model as delivery of other higher variants are not so delayed anymore.

I am perplexed by the color choice reduction. First they removed blue and now mulberry red, the color options have become quite limited and boring. I wish they introduce some nice and exciting colors.
Creta SX Executive was everything SX except the AVNT owing to chip shortage and it was a hit since it was cheaper by ~ 60K and you can fit aftermarket audio and still save ~ 40K - only blue link would have been missed. So a lot of S Variant customers upgraded for top features like Sunroof, Alloys etc. With AVNT supply being normalized and increased in connectivity requirements the SX with AVNT is resumed @ full capacity.
Motorhead23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks