Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Mahindra XUV300 today?
Yes 99 49.01%
No 103 50.99%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2023, 19:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the month : Buying a used Mahindra XUV300

A big NO from my end, in fact while I was in the hunt for a car in 2019, I was very curious about XUV 3OO at the time of launch. When I saw the car in person, I was put off by its boot space. I needed a car with a decent boot space and unfortunately, I need to strike this car off the list.
Old 25th March 2023, 01:08   #17
BHPian

Voted a big YES as an existing Mahindra XUV300 owner.

What are we really comparing the used XUV300 against? Is it other cars or a new XUV300?

Anyone who’d venture into buying a used XUV300 should already know its biggest disadvantage which is the boot space. I have my reservations on this, but anyway, it’s exactly the same regardless you buy new or used!

But, the amount of features that are there for the old XUV300 are wayyyy more than the new ones and not just cosmetic features. Extremely valuable, practical, everyday use features such as 3-point seat belt for the middle rear passenger, request sensor on the front passenger side, boot lamp, ORVM warmers (freaking mirror warmers!!), 4 RPAS in the rear (instead of 2 which comes currently, although they upgraded to better sensors), knee airbags and probably the only aesthetic element - 17” alloys instead of 16” (I believe 17” are a great middle ground both in terms of looks and ride quality).

Even now when I pass an older version of the XUV300, I drool at them because of the features my car misses out on. Especially, the passenger side request sensor. When you get used to Keyless entry, you really and absolutely need it from kerbside (which is more often than not the passenger side). And to take the keys out of your pocket for that is just UGH!

XUV300 is an excellently put together car. Dated interiors - yes, but I don’t give two hoots about it because I rarely look at them while I’m busy having fun with this excellent machine.

Also the mod potential is high. I had a chat with Jayant from Engineering Exponent in Bangalore and he had told me that there are ECU remaps from Wolf available for XUV300. However, there are very few case studies. I have already decided on a remap and I’m really just waiting for a couple of years to plunge myself into it. It can be done and as per Jayant the car has a LOT of potential.

There are really no downsides to picking a used XUV300 (provided the car is in good condition and all the legal caveats of course) especially from pre-2020 period as they pack a lot of very useful features. Bringing in the general oft-quoted downsides of XUV300 in a “Should you buy used XUV300?” really doesn’t make sense according to me.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 25th March 2023 at 01:31. Reason: Added some more details
krishnakumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 12:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would definitely consider the XUV300 in the used market because of its premium nature, powerful engines & sorted suspension. I consider it to be a superior crossover even to many of the newer launches like the Brezza.
Not just Brezza, it beats the Korean twins too in terms of dynamics, engine pull and overall build quality.

I had test driven almost all compact SUVs back to back, with no budget as a criteria. The XUV 300 punches way above it's weight!

So much so, I compromised settling for an AMT!

The Creta and Seltos literally feels like toy after driving this.

Ride-Handling-Build Quality any day over a TC!
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 14:31   #19
BHPian

With my usage being predominantly in the city, with the rare long drives every quarter, I've fully embraced ATs over MTs. While I agree that the 3OO is a very capable car and I've myself recommended the Turbo Sport variant to several friends, I can't digest driving that AMT in the city on a daily basis, and in peak traffic.

Based only on my own personal usage, I voted No. I'd rather go for the Venue or Brezza (which I eventually did). But if I still were looking for MTs, oh Yes, turbopetrol MT it would have been.
Old 31st March 2023, 11:20   #20
BHPian

Earlier, I would have voted no on this thread, but now I find myself on the fence and unable to pick.

In buying a used car, things you would be apprehensive about are the fit, finish and durability of the materials used, the health of the powertrain and suspensions, and whether any niggles have developed. In terms of fit, finish and material quality, I don't think there should be any hesitation in buying a used XUV300. It is a Korean car and feels like one. It will hold itself together well, as many members have already experienced.

The only apprehension could be about the powertrain and the reliability reputation of Mahindra's engines in general and these two engines (excluding the MStallion TGDi because that one is relatively new) in particular. One would possibly be more comfortable with a Japanese used car, but considering the commentary on this thread and elsewhere, it seems as if not too many reliability issues have cropped up in the XUV300's powertrains.

Last edited by naadopaasaka : 31st March 2023 at 11:22. Reason: Subject-verb agreement
Old 29th May 2023, 18:56   #21
BHPian

Can anyone elaborate on diesel vs petrol engines? Which would be more suited?

Thinking of picking a pre-owned one. My running is limited so I am open to both. Favoring a BS4 diesel just because of presumed E20 issues on the horizon.

In order of preference looking for

1. More potent engine of the two
2. Keen on one with the better NVH levels. Don't want a feeling of a large truck. So maybe this question should be how much of a difference between the two engines?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks