Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 17:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz debuts India-bound GLA & GLB facelift

Mercedes-Benz has revealed the GLA and GLB facelift. Both models get several styling and feature updates for the 2023 model year.

Mercedes-Benz debuts India-bound GLA & GLB facelift-20230320121639_mercedes_gla_glb_1_.jpg

Starting with the exterior, Mercedes-Benz has made minor changes to the front fascia of the GLA and GLB. Both SUVs get tweaked grilles and bumpers and new LED daytime running lights. Both cars also get painted wheel arches this time around.

Mercedes-Benz debuts India-bound GLA & GLB facelift-20230320121700_mercedes_gla_glb.jpg

Inside, the GLA and GLB are equipped with dual screens running Mercedes’ latest MBUX infotainment system. Features like comfort seats, leather steering wheel, high-beam assist and a rearview camera are now offered as standard.

Mercedes-Benz debuts India-bound GLA & GLB facelift-20230320121801_mercedes_glb_interior.jpg

Both SUVs now feature electrified powertrains for the first time. The GLA and GLB are available with 4-cylinder petrol and diesel engines paired with a 48V mild-hybrid system and an integrated starter generator (ISG). The system provides a boost of 10 BHP under acceleration.

Mercedes-Benz debuts India-bound GLA & GLB facelift-20230320121736_mercedes_gla_interior.jpg

The plug-in hybrid versions now offer an electric-only range of more than 60 km. The electric motor is also way more powerful than before at 78 BHP and the battery can be charged at speeds of up to 22 kW. Coming to the AMG versions – the Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 and GLB 35 pack a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbo-petrol engine with 301 BHP on tap.

Mercedes-Benz is expected to launch the updated GLA and GLB in India later this year.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th March 2023 at 17:37.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz debuts India-bound GLA & GLB facelift

The rear view camera was already standard on all Indian models of the GLA and GLB iirc. Plug in hybrid will be interesting.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:11   #3
BHPian

As a GLA AMG35 owner, I can tell you that the high beam assist, although an awesome feature is mostly of no use on Indian roads with so many vehicles spread out in front of you. On most roads the lights just stays in low beam all the time even when you need it them to have longer throw. On roads that have sparse traffic, it a great feature to have.

Updated head unit with NTG 7 is what I am going to really be jealous of. In the current model the Apple CarPlay looks really bad and is almost unusable. Also the NTG 7 brings added functionality to the head unit, like layer zero.
Also the new steering wheel looks interesting.

I would really like them to add a 360 degree camera option as that would be useful at times.

Other than that, I am mostly happy with my current ride.
docsinghal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 18:13   #4
BHPian

Any inside information on when these updates will be made available in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks