Team-BHP - Is it a fish being cooked on the bonnet???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is it a fish being cooked on the bonnet??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26543-fish-being-cooked-bonnet-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 504936)
A prospective buyer would never say a word about a future purchase. It will drive up the aquired companies shares and buyers shares will go down. Its a Loss-Loss situation for TATA to leak this news.

What if Tata is actually not looking at buying any of the said companies but never the less going through the initial process, thereby getting the world to sit up and take notice.

Remember, they are aggressively trying to go global - with specific plans for the Middle East, Thailand, Africa, Europe and Russia.

I think TATA have to do anything to grab attention. They are a big company and the Tetley, Chorus deals put them firmly in the big league. They don't have to spend dollars on hiring a consulting firm to go through Jaguar account books just to get attention.
Anyway, lets not speculate over something we really don't know much about. Lets wait and see. I for one would like TATA to buy Jaguar, they have some interesting designs in the offing for 2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 504967)
I think TATA have to do anything to grab attention. They are a big company and the Tetley, Chorus deals put them firmly in the big league. They don't have to spend dollars on hiring a consulting firm to go through Jaguar account books just to get attention.
Anyway, lets not speculate over something we really don't know much about. Lets wait and see. I for one would like TATA to buy Jaguar, they have some interesting designs in the offing for 2009.

I agree whole heartedly. I think rather than speculating and giving our two bits (sadly, all unwanted by such companies), i would seriously like all this to come true (except the evo in 70L thing). It would make me and all Indians proud that Indegenious companies are doing what western companies were doing. Go Tata, and the rest and Heel Mitsiubishi!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 505278)
I agree whole heartedly. I think rather than speculating and giving our two bits (sadly, all unwanted by such companies), i would seriously like all this to come true (except the evo in 70L thing). It would make me and all Indians proud that Indegenious companies are doing what western companies were doing. Go Tata, and the rest and Heel Mitsiubishi!!

Yes and lets hope the people like the ones working on our cars are benefitted too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 505530)
Yes and lets hope the people like the ones working on our cars are benefitted too!!

The laborers? the street mechanics? or the me-too home-tinkerers?

I would just say

"God bless all" :P

Isnt it media's responsibility to make sure that the news is correct and precise? Also what about the typos? Evo at 70lacs surely is one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram (Post 505539)
The laborers? the street mechanics? or the me-too home-tinkerers?

All of them! By having more objects to work on.

no more baseless news in the media anymore?

hey hey its ferrari with tata and ducati with bajaj

makes me think, what happens in their board meetings!
are these the companies wishlist or todo list!

well just saw the news did tata really buy landrover & jaguar

Instead of Land Rover or Jaguar, TATA should go for VOLVO

Decent Cars, Decent Trucks