Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-61.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 552875)
At 3K rpm civic is only at 60kmph??

I was advised to restrict to maximum 3k till 1000 kms for conventional running in. i touched 100 kmph once for some time and average driving speed has been 50-60 kmph.50-60 kmph you get at 1400-1500 rpm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick.throttle (Post 552671)
KICK TO IT
you mean kick.throttle!!!! lol

yes KICK.THROTTLE !!! , i shall get that THRILL THROTTLE,cheers

1998 ZEN LX. I get 11 kmpl in City and 15 kmpl on highways

1998 M-800 used to give us 14-15 in city and 17-18 (has given upto 20) on highways. WITHOUT A/c. sensible driving. without crossing 80kmph on highways.

2006 baleno 10-11 kmpl in city 14 in highways. though not accurately checked till now.

My 2000 lancer SLXi Gives me 12 kmpl with a/c on 100% in city driving and around 15-16 on highway, even after having 1 lac + on the odo ....

isn't that good guys or can it be better...

:) Honda City VTEC 2001 10 in city 12-16 on highway

Can the Aveo owners (1.4 and 1.6) give their FE values please?
Tried searching this thread but could not find many results (got only 2).

My fiesta 1.4 gives me 15 in city with 50% Ac and 19 on highways... isnt that good guys ;-)

bill1182, I think that's very good FE. Relating to this, how is the reading on the DTE display? Near accurate?

Thanks,
cya
A

DTE is near accurate most of the times when I drive on highways or not so congested roads. At times the reading goes for a toss when I drive in bumper to bumper traffic.

Peted Swift on +1 setting on moderate to hard driving, usually speeds of 140+ - 15.5kmpl, 90% City, 10% highway

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill1182 (Post 555220)
My fiesta 1.4 gives me 15 in city with 50% Ac and 19 on highways... isnt that good guys ;-)

hay man thats a go good car for all that fuel efficiency

getting good milage is simple on current cars as they have management systems and most of them handle ignition as well as ignition management.
all u have to do is drive with a light foot ,change frequently lift off in first gear,use the momentum of the car on highway to maintain the speed - u need a lot of power to propel the 1 tonner ,then u need fraction of it just to maintain it .
dont use clutch un necessorily . drive in the meatiest part of the torque curve when its rising sharply upwards, -generally 80 to 110 in indian cars-
respect the technology ,understand it then use the same know how to get best of it !!
Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 547431)
Would surely like to know how did you drive to get such economy figures.

extremly impressive figures man! great,
the same engine but with variable geometry turbo was giving @25+kmpl comfortably in mixed driving cycle in fiat...
then as usual fiat didnt launch it!! ha ha ha
now it will come in @75 bhp form in tata in 6 months,
then it will come in chevy s r v in the same bracket in 2008
the 1.3 jtd engine with variable geometry turbo once gave 122+ bhp in opel ecotech prototype!!!
with minor external changes the same engine gives 60,70 and 90 bhp without sacrificing the life factor of drivability problems
it is voted as the best small diesel powerplant range in the world.
consists of 1.3 ;1.9,2.4 litre capacity in dohc 4 valves per cylinder
variable geometry turbo ,
hopefully we will get it <vith variable geometry controlled by ecu >in grande punto soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 556158)
Peted Swift on +1 setting on moderate to hard driving, usually speeds of 140+ - 15.5kmpl, 90% City, 10% highway

I THINK i will get the award for the lowest FE in SWIFT D.in the last cycle full tank to full tank, i got 13.2kmpl. the best i have got is 16kmpl.
the reason is terrain.