Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 14:18   #1
BHPian

RTO Agent not dispatching original RC | Any cause for concern?

I took an online agency's help with the Hypothecation Termination for my car. They collected my documents, including original RC and signed forms and gave me 1 month of time to complete process and return the new RC. In meantime, I kept a check via tha Parivahan portal and noticed they have processed the work and hypothecation was removed. 2 weeks back, they sent a screenshot of my new RC and I sent them the full and final settlement money. Now, since then they have not dispatched the RC and also not providing any clear answer as to why it has not been sent, even when I live in the same city as the RTO. In hindisght, a bad decision to go via an online agency given the problems am facing.

Now, while I chase them to dispatch the RC, is there any cause for concern, lets say in a scenario where they keep my RC with themselves? Can anything be done with that?

I can apply for a duplicate RC if it comes to it, but should I also file a cyber complaint stating that my original RC is with them?
Old 5th June 2023, 14:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: RTO Agent not dispatching original RC | Any cause for concern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Now, since then they have not dispatched the RC and also not providing any clear answer as to why it has not been sent, even when I live in the same city as the RTO.
In the case of hypothecation removal, RTO sends over the new RC directly to the owner's address. And it is to be handed over only at the residence, not over-the-counter at RTO, or even GPO/local post office.

So, I'm not sure what their role is you not receiving the RC, but you should check with your postman / visit the local post office, in case they attempted to deliver the RC and it was sent back.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
In the case of hypothecation removal, RTO sends over the new RC directly to the owner's address. And it is to be handed over only at the residence, not over-the-counter at RTO, or even GPO/local post office.

So, I'm not sure what their role is you not receiving the RC, but you should check with your postman / visit the local post office, in case they attempted to deliver the RC and it was sent back.
They did send me a photo of a RC. I can only assume it was the new card. They also mentioned that the RC will be received by them only. They are acknowledging that they have it, just are not dispatching it citing courier issues.

Plus, I have paid the full money so what would be their incentive to lie about having the RC? They could have just said that it has been shipped to me.
Old 5th June 2023, 15:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not everywhere. In both Bangalore and Calcutta, if agents are involved, only they can collect the final document (RC/license) and it is not handed over even to the owner if he/she visits the RTO.

If the OP is in the same city as the agency, he can just go over and collect it
boniver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 15:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: RTO Agent not dispatching original RC | Any cause for concern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
They did send me a photo of a RC.
If you know the RTO from the vehicle number, then just walk upto the RTO office and seek help. My RC book registered post was returned because I was not at home for many days. I went to Vijayanagar RTO and explained it to a person. He was courteous enough to guide me to the RC book returned/to be dispatched section. I was surprised to see 100's of envelopes nearly racked and stacked and diligently managed. It took about 5 minutes but was handed my cars RC book upon offering my aadhar + DL/passport copy as proof of identity.

No bribes given/taken/asked for.

Give it a try.
svsantosh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Re: RTO Agent not dispatching original RC | Any cause for concern?

You can visit the RTO, collect the RC copy yourself. I have collected mine the same way. All that they asked me to do was to write a letter stating that you are collecting it yourself.

It was hardly a ten minute job as i visited RTO office at 11:00 am in the morning.
Oppanna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks