Team-BHP - Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team-BHP real world guide to service costs. How much do you actually spend? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26735-team-bhp-real-world-guide-service-costs-how-much-do-you-actually-spend.html)

Thought of asking all of you on actual money you spend for maintenance of your car.

This is a real world guide, so only actual costs you have paid for your car are to be noted. We do not want the list of prices as given in magazines or by hearsay (e.g. my neighbor paid x or my friend paid y). Also, for ease of viewing, we need to follow a format.

If you have records of multiple services done, please note those too IF there is a significant difference in price.

year/Make/Model:
Kilometer reading at time of service:
Under warranty (Y/N):
Work done at authorised dealership (Y/N)
Dealership Name & city where work was carried out:
Cost of following (ex-tax)
Note: leave blank is part was not changed:
Filters:Engine Oil
Brake pads:

Other work carried out & charged for (Details):
Labour cost:

Let me start with mine.

Maruti SX4; 2007; Petrol; Bangalore; 1800; Mostly city 550 kms a month & long drive once in a quarter; only 1st service done; For oil and a filter (regular to be done in 1st service) costed Rs 820; no issues till now.

Go ahead and throw your numbers. Should be useful for guys who are looking for new or used cars.

Quite a bit!! I bust shocks, brake pads, tyres and alignment on regular basis. Well if you delete all that as accidental damage (!!) maybe around Rs 500 per month for the Ikon and Rs 100 per month for the 1100d (well the car care products go under the Ikon account!).

Ford Ikon Flair, September 2006 and 35 K on the Odo.

Driven sedately mostly in Delhi. Just a couple of trips to chandigarh.

Expenses till date:

1- Power steering rack (around 16 K )

2- Suspension Bushes ( around 8 k )

3- Power steering pump ( around 15 K )

4- Avg servicing costs @ 2 - 3 K per service

All this when the car was driven very sedately. And everything just after the warranty period had expired.

Moral(s) of the Story : I was an idiot not to take the extended warranty.
: Never ever buy a Ford vehicle in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 510628)
1- Power steering rack (around 16 K )

2- Suspension Bushes ( around 8 k )

3- Power steering pump ( around 15 K )

4- Avg servicing costs @ 2 - 3 K per service

All this when the car was driven very sedately. And everything just after the warranty period had expired.

Moral(s) of the Story : I was an idiot not to take the extended warranty.
: Never ever buy a Ford vehicle in India

Must have been very unlucky to have the PS packing up so early. My 2004 car hasn't had anythng wrong with PS. Its a different matter that the shocks keeps going (which is never covered under waranty and I insist on replacing in pairs.).

when the total workshop bills of my old ford ikon diesel exceeded the price of the car, i sold it and bought a 1.3 OHC Exi.

ford ikon diesel for me was really expensive to maintain. i would have had to take it to the ford service centre atleast once in a month. i remmember paying Rs.11,000 for the 50,000 km service. regular service cost me between Rs.2,500 to Rs.4,000.

OHC was easy on maintenance. regular sevice cost berween Rs.1,500 and Rs.2,500 although i paid Rs.10,000 for the 80,000 km service which is OHC's major service (major service for OHC is after every 40,000 km).

My Ford Ikon Flair(March 2006) - done 11000KM has been through regular service. 1st free service done in July2006 costed me Rs 29/- for RETAINER- TRIM PNL. 2nd service(Labour was Free) done in Oct 2006 costed me Rs2193/- which inluded Interior cleaning for Rs900. On my 3rd service done in July 2007 the bill shot to Rs 4794/- which included Interior Cleaning for Rs 1549/-(some treatment on fabric) and Motor Care Treatment for Rs 290/-

Don't ask & thou shalt not faint.

* Jan 2006 Baleno VXi
* Petrol
* Kolkata
* 20150 kms (as of 25th July 2007)
* 90% of distance covered in city traffic
* 3 Free (1K, 5K, 10K) and 1 paid service (20K)
* Regular maintenance costs
- 1st service - 563
- 2nd service - 3 (they charged me for a carpet tack)
- 3rd service - 660
- 4th service - 3500 (all fluids, filters, wipers, spark plugs were changed)
- Remote key battery changed - 50.
- Baleno badge at the rear was reduced to 'aleno'. @shuvd said, someone with a Bentley must have stolen the B !! Cost me 70 to replace.

Total 4846/- in 19 months. Rs. 255 per month.

OT - During this period, I have received gift hampers, prizes, buffet dinner and movie tickets worth around 1000/- from different MUL promotional events.

* Accident maintenance costs
- Bumped headlight. Bracket broken. But was able to fix it at known garage for free.
- Bumped rear bumper. Fasteners came off on one side. Fixed at MUL dealer with washers etc. for free
- Sundry paint touch up for scratches at known garage for free.

* Warranty
Power antenna was not retracting fully. Replaced under warranty. Costs 3700/-, I'm told. Antenna was not in stock. Had to wait for 2 weeks.

Thanks to all who provided data.

others, keep posting.............

This thread will become good database for all who consider new/old cars buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnuvijay (Post 510889)
ford ikon diesel for me was really expensive to maintain

Quite true..The 115k km service bill took out 17000 out of my pocket. Ford services everywhere charges a substantial amount for the labour chares too.
Brake booster was replaced as a complaint of oil leak, and fan assembly too was replaced(fan stopped working).
Both took some 4500 each. My dad calls the car a 'white elephant'

Maruti Wagon R; 2002; Petrol; Bangalore; 31000 kms; Mostly city & long drive once in a quarter; Servicing done every 6 months once; Billing will be around Rs.2500 due to filter change; oil changes etc.

Had a accident......wherein Alto came and hit from behind. I had applied brakes even then my car went and hit a bus in front. FR & RR bumper damaged and replaced; FR RH fender replaced; FR RH H/L assy replaced; Dent on back door; Costed around 20K. But the Alto driver (a professor) shelled out the money for the same. This happened near Nelamangla (NH7). Other wise, the servicing bills are steady and is around Rs.2500/6 months.

Ford iKON 1.6
43000 kms and 7 years.

Major expense was when i decided to do a major pamper job at 37,000 kms. Bill was Rs 5000 with all the fluids replaced.
Temperature sensor replacement was Rs 1200 @ approx 40000 kms, 7 year old car.
Fuel cannister, Rs 1800 again after 7 years, lot of road muck to blame.
Regular service was between 1800 to 2400 Rs max, upholstery cleaning etc not included.
Apart from the above rear bumper cost was Rs 1800 plus another 1200 for painting at an independent garage.

Swift Vdi
I service - 630
II service - 900 since i went with an un scheduled oil and oil filter change, otherwise - NILL

Santro Xing 2003 ending model
-------------------------------Estimate - 12000/- on servicing & repairs

Aveo mid 2006 model
--------------------

over with the honeymoon period of the car and first paid service due after sometime.

Quote:

Car model & year; Year of purchase; Petrol/Diesel; City; Kms done; usage (what % in city & long); How many services done; maintenance cost (total till now or per year); Any major issues in terms of replacement of parts, etc;

OHC 1.5 (2003); 2003; Petrol (duh!); Coimbatore; 51K KMs; 85% City & 15% Highways; Serviced every 5K KM or 5 months; Maintenance costs (only the regular service bills) till now = Rs. 28,000; apart from accidental damage, the only major part that gave up is the electrical ORVM controller that cost me Rs.3500

If you think thats too cheap, thats because I had not quoted the regular amount I'd spend on the touch up/paint job, consumables (Mobil 1, K&N, Aftermarket spark plugs, etc) and accessories. That probably would add up to be much more than the car's current market value :)

Daily average running - 65 Kms.
FE - 11.6 with AC in city limits

Maintainance Details:

SERVICE DETAILS

On an average, a basic service consisting of Oil & filter change, Diesel Filter change, Air filter clean, Gear-box, Differential, Power Steering, Brake & Clutch oil top-up and washing every 5000 Kms, costs around Rs. 2000/-.

26th Sept'06 - 35527 Kms
Castrol GTX oil 6.5 ltrs, Oil & Diesel filter (purolator) change, Air Filter clean, Gearbox & Differential oil change, Power Steering oil top-up, Coolant replace, Brakes overhaul, Washing, 7" NECVOX LCD screen installed in headrests, Video Card attached to Kenwood 10 CD changer, Lummar steel coated film including the windscreen, Door wisers.
-------------------
28th Sep'06 - 35675 Kms
Wheel alignment & roation.
-------------------
9th Nov'06 - 38000 Kms
Air Filter change.
-------------------
15th Dec'06 - 40587 Kms
Castrol GTX oil 6.5 ltrs, Oil & Diesel filter (purolator) change, Air Filter clean, Washing.
-------------------
26th Dec'06
AMCO 75AH Battery installed (18 month Warranty).
-------------------
3rd Mar'07 - 44640 Kms
Wheel Alignment.
-------------------
9th Mar'07 - 44903 Kms
Shell RIMULA oil 6.5 ltrs, Oil & Diesel filter (purolator) change, Air Filter clean, Brake Service, Gearbox & Differential Oil replace, Washing.
-------------------
25th Jun'07 - 50231 Kms
Mobil Delvac MX oil 6.5 ltrs, Oil & Diesel filter (purolator) change, Air Filter clean, Brake oil & Clutch oil top-up, Washing.
-------------------
10th Jul'07 - 50940 Kms
Wheel balancing, Alignment & tyre rotation with stepney being brought in.
Alignment - Rs.300/-
Balancing 5 wheels - Rs.125/-
175 gms of weight - Rs.175/-
-------------------