Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think AI will take over automobile journalism?
Yes 49 21.30%
No 181 78.70%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 14:45   #31
BHPian

Re: The future of automotive journalism in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Of course jobs will probably shift to tech side, but just like automation in manufacturing sector, the number of new jobs created may not be equal to number of jobs made redundant. Also it is my opinion that while the new tech jobs create/bring in more value in ecomic terms, the number of jobs are normally very less compared to the jobs that were made redundant, especially in areas like ....
Firstly, let me just say your entire post was a beautiful, fine read in itself. I can't imagine an AI matching it, definitely not in near future at least.

Coming to the point, the entire concept points towards econo-capitalism, even though its trying hard to avoid the topic.
Gandhi himself was an advocate of machines like bicycle and charkha, but he was strictly against automatic ones like cloth mills, motorised stuff, cars, etc.
And back then he had a point:- if cloth mills were to manufacture certain amount of quality cloth material with 100 people, which would otherwise require 10 lakh instead, then yes, such machines did hike unemployment figures.
But we've far lost that battle. In fact, no need to mention, we're discussing all this on a car-bike forum, powered by internet and various other technologies.

You're right with your entire post, and I can imagine humans being the niche in the future. However, one thing still is a deterrent, the fact that we're in an overpopulated world, and there's no dearth of humans, nor is getting a smartphone/PC a challenge anymore. Thus there'll always be humans providing content- well made or otherwise.

Humans can of course, provide crazy ideas and concepts that AI might not match. There can be reviewers who do crazy entertainment stuff, while reviewing automobiles.
You know at one time, I had an idea of a drunk motorcycle reviewer, a youtuber who rides/drives the bike/car on day 1 sanely, and on day 2, he just reviews the vehicle after gulping an entire bottle (or two). A brutally honest guy, not some corpo-slave. But, thankfully, I did nothing with the idea.
But, to present something in this format means compromising on formality levels, and this is something probably not many in the audience care about anyways. Of course, the AI might always be more accurate with the reviews, but the human is... more spontaneous?

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 30th July 2023 at 14:51.
Samarth 619 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks