Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2004, 20:16   #1
BHPian

'Tarzaan', the wonder car. EDIT: R-I-P (pic on pg 3)

Hey guys! The tarzan is all set to make waves.The road show for this car is gonna be flagged off tommorow from Gateway of india..So if anybody interested then can have a look at the vehicle...

Old 4th July 2004, 00:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

i dont abt the car..but judging or atleast first impressions of the movie are yuck. it looks another bad job of animated tricks that the car will go thru and to top it all the car is said to behave wildly in the movie , becoz it has ajay devgan's spirit in it.

and its being said that in the end the car bursts in to peices and out comes mr devgan !!!!!

how sad can u get !!!!
Old 4th July 2004, 00:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

normally_crazy are u serious abt the Ajay Devgun stuff in the movie??
I don't believe the story line... [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
Its going to be a comedy of stupidity if thats the story line!!
Old 4th July 2004, 02:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

seems like DC has earned lots of extra cash,maybe he wants to close his shop thats why he is doing all this.
i have just two words ---DC suckkkkks
Old 4th July 2004, 03:00   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What an absolute waste of 7 crore rupees. Mr. DC takes a nice MR2, rips it apart and modifies it in his usually hideous way to end up with the ugliest DC designs contraption yet.

Apparently it can swim through water, fly like a plane and what not. Take it from me, this movie is a flop before its even released. Wake up DC, Giant Robot episodes and other tin can wonders entertained Indians but that was like 20 years back.

But the silver lining of this ghastly affair is that DC has himself admitted something that we all knew - His cars need special effects to perform well. In reality, even a Sipani Montana would outdo it on the track.

GTO
Old 4th July 2004, 03:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 04 2004,01:30)]In reality, even a Sipani Montana would outdo it on the track.
leave flying and all.. it even does...upside down jumps *
Old 4th July 2004, 03:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

The small promos I saw of the movie suck. Last I wanted to see was a cross breed of an Infidel and GO to star in a movie. Some shots even seemed to me as if some dinky car was used.

Spirit of Ajay Devgan in a DC car... yeah right gimme a break

Sorry guys this is nothing but trying to become a wanna be Knight Rider... Sadly cant touch that at all

Knight Rider was cult....
I dont think even that movie should be released what a waste of resources . Some say 6 crores for the car and some say 2

I even heard they were giving it away to a winner of some competition. This is one contest I dont wanna take part in leave alone win    

Dippy

Last edited by Dippy : 19th May 2006 at 23:24.
Old 4th July 2004, 12:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

yeah dudes ,

the story and tale of devgans spirit in the car is true according to my sources.... and yes bollywood better wake up b4 trying to thrust such crap movies on us .... and they say for the shoot 4 cars or tarzaans were built for the shoot each costing 2 crores...now thats a waste of lotta money ......

the movie is a washout from the promos itself !!!

but i just caught the promos of DHOOM , india's first biker movie it seems...and the promos look and feel much better than that of tarzaan !!

have any of u guys seen it ??

let me know ur impressions of DHOOM promo !!

cheers
Old 4th July 2004, 22:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dhoom looks kinda better, but if it just a rip-off of torque, heavens save it. I rate Torque as the 10 worst movies ever to come from the other side of the Atlantic. So if Dhoom just blatantly copies it.... it'd be as worse as some of the Mithun movies i've seen.

Just my 2 cents.

Revv
Old 5th July 2004, 00:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dhoom is supposed to be good . Infact I witnessed quite a bit of its shooting since all the bikes for the movie were supplied and managed by a friend of mine. It has all the menacing bikes from the Busa to the Bandit. And for ur info the bikes thrown over the cliff and jumpin over the train are nothing but CBZs fitted with a Busa look alike kit.

Dippy
Old 6th July 2004, 18:14   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ July 04 2004,23:22)]And for ur info the bikes thrown over the cliff and jumpin over the train are nothing but CBZs fitted with a Busa look alike kit.

Dippy
dunno about that dippy.

I heard that the bikes used for the stunts were all the original bikes...no fakes here. A bunch of bikes were really beat up by the end of the movie.

But maybe, if they did throw a couple of bikes of a cliff, these particular ones were the fakes...infact, I really hope they were!

Rtech
Old 6th July 2004, 18:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yeah rtech those were CBZs thrown over the cliff and the train jump. My friend showed my brother those CBZs.. Infact you see quite a few of kit bikes around nowadays.

How ever that stoppie on the Busa was done by an Australian for the movie.

Dippy
Old 6th July 2004, 18:43   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ July 06 2004,16:47)]Yeah rtech those were CBZs thrown over the cliff and the train jump.
phew... thats good to know! Can't bear the thought of a 'busa being thrown off a cliff!!
Old 6th July 2004, 22:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Dippy what happened to those Busa's...are they available cheap??
P.S: Is the Producer of Tarzaan a small kid?? coz who else could think of such a story line....Devgan's Spirit in the car..ha !!
Old 6th July 2004, 22:22   #15
Team-BHP Support

You gotta be a total loser in life to throw a 'busa off a cliff.

Coming back to "Tarzaan", come on man, anyone who knows anything about cars will never be impressed by such makeovers. Some of DC's attempts have been decent. The stretching of the Scorpio, the work on the Ambassador (Phoenix), Trax (Devak) and even the Noble to some extent are commendable. This "Tarzaan" (I don't know how they could think of such a name), is simply hideous. It's obvious that the movie is aimed at an uninformed section of the public.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks