Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 12:27   #1
BHPian

25K Discount on the Santro XL/XO - only upto 31-Jul ??

Hi Friends,

My sis is planning to buy a new Santro, so I was visiting the dealerships in Mumbai this weekend. All dealers are offering a 25K discount on the Santro XL and XO, which they say is valid only upto the end of this month (i.e. upto tomorrow).

We don't want to rush into a decision, because she wants to sell off her current vehicle at a fair price before she picks up the Santro. That will take us another 2-3 weeks.

I am a bit skeptical about the dealer's claim that the discounts would be stopped after 31-Jul, considering that -
1. Next month (I think) is Shravan, and it was mentioned in another thread, that discounts are more during that period.
2. Hyundai may be launching a new model Santro sometime in the near future.

What do you'll think? What are the chances of getting the same discount in a couple of weeks from now (that is when we will definitely buy the vehicle)?

Regards,
Cypher
Old 30th July 2007, 13:55   #2
HSV
BHPian

Not sure, but it seems like a typical quick sales pitch. I dont see any reason why these discounts will not be offered in the next month or the month following it.

Its public news now that the Santro twin will be out by the end of this year. Thats probably the reason why we have been seeing so many Santro ads in the papers, as well as this discount on the Santro.

In fact i believe wait for another 2-3 months and you may get more discount!
Old 30th July 2007, 14:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

The discounts will definitely extend into next month too. This is just a sales ploy these guys use.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:29   #4
Team-BHP Support

Relax man. The discount on Santro are going to stay for sure. I am not sure about August, September is quarter end and after that the festive season starts. Take your time and make the best decision.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:41   #5
BHPian

@HSV, Benbsb29, Eddy - Thanks for your inputs. That's what I felt also. I just spoke to my sis and advised her to take it easy and not to rush to book a Santro right away.

Who knows, maybe there will be more discounts next month. (hopefully)

Last edited by cypher : 30th July 2007 at 15:45. Reason: Edited Response
Old 30th July 2007, 15:44   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quarter end is the time when discounts are max. So the best time to buy will be Sept end.
That said, one reason for discounts could be that somewhere around the time now (mid jul-mid aug or something) its some auspicious period for some belief.
Many so many people do not buy cars, hence the discounts.
There is some period called shraal or something which is inauspicious and then also people do not buy cars.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:44   #7
BHPian

The discounts will surely stay, if not increase.
Old 30th July 2007, 19:37   #8
BHPian

even i think that the discounts on santro will not go down.....the best period if (you are not superstitious)is a week before navratra which is known as sharaad....you book your car at that time and take the delivery at the time of navratra which is considered very auspicious ......also there is a limited edition of santro xo on sale .....just check wat is new in the that model...
Old 31st July 2007, 07:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Not sure, but it seems like a typical quick sales pitch. I dont see any reason why these discounts will not be offered in the next month or the month following it.

Its public news now that the Santro twin will be out by the end of this year. Thats probably the reason why we have been seeing so many Santro ads in the papers, as well as this discount on the Santro.

In fact i believe wait for another 2-3 months and you may get more discount!
Do you guys know how much it's gonna cost? And some pictures might help.
Thank you
Old 31st July 2007, 10:53   #10
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Do you guys know how much it's gonna cost? And some pictures might help.
Thank you
What? You mean the new Santro or Hyundai PA? Between 3.9 to 4.5 Lacs. It was in the Economic Times yesterday.

Check out www.economictimes.com under Automobiles Industry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks