Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2004, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Hey guys,
Just saw it in the news. The weather is messing up everything around Mumbai. The expressway road from Pune to Mumbai has been shut because of a landslide near one of the tunnels. The news said a couple of cars had been damaged. The road from Mumbai to Pune is still open. Roads leaving Mumbai on the northern side have also been shut due to heavy rainfall. Its advised that everyone stays at home, cos within the city also the roads are a complete mess. The news reader said that most of Delhi is flooded, and Pune is also getting very heavy showers. So guys, if you do decide to get out of the house, drive safe.
Old 4th August 2004, 17:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Thnx for the info salil. These r the days i thank god i have an Endeavour Flooded roads,bad roads not much of a problem in a SUV of that size. My suggestion to all u guys driving the rains is roll out u r SUVs,MUVs,Jeeps and if u dont have one dont drive.
Old 4th August 2004, 17:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

tnx for the update salil! I just got a call from a bud in Pune. Apparently the river is about to overflow as the dams upstream are full and they had to let out water. Also, roads are a mess there.

Look on the bright side...we got the much needed rains finally or India would've been in trouble next year.

Rt
Old 4th August 2004, 17:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (salil_kulkarni @ Aug. 04 2004,15:45)]Hey guys,
* * * * * * Just saw it in the news. The weather is messing up everything around Mumbai. The expressway road from Pune to Mumbai has been shut because of a landslide near one of the tunnels.
r u sure... cauz.. Mumbai - Nashik roads are closed due to land slides.. Now Mumbai-Pune also kya??My dad was in Nashik yestarday.. he came all the way from Nashik to Pune to Mumbai!!!

And the condition of roads in Mumbai.. aaaaah!!
minimum 10-15 potholes at every damm signal!!! today the Western Express highway was Jam packed on both sides with traffic!!!
Old 4th August 2004, 18:01   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey, Thanks for the headsup Salil. Apparently two of the four ways to get out of Bombay are closed.

GTO
Old 4th August 2004, 18:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Salil,

I was actually considering going out of town today
But knew it would be near impossible..... but seeing this post made me realise it would be impossible :d

thanks,
R
Old 4th August 2004, 19:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Salil. I was planning a drive out of Mumbai this weekend. Looks like I'll have to postpone my plans.
Old 13th August 2004, 12:26   #8
BHPian

According to latest reports , there was a huge lanslide on the expressway again yesterday evening in the Khandala Ghats stoppping the traffic for over 2 hrs.

The debris has blocked almost 2/3 rds of the road causing much disruption to traffic but the worst thing is that this damage has occured before the authorities could clear the roads of the damage caused by the previous landslide last week.

I am travelling from Pune to Mumbai tdy evening...just hoping that i don't get stuck up anywhere in between.

~A
Old 13th August 2004, 12:56   #9
Team-BHP Support

thanks pd. I was just about to ask what the condition on the highway is! Was planning a pune trip this weekend but I think I'll put it on hold again. The last thing I want is to spend the weekend sitting in the car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks