Team-BHP - BMW M series coming to India soon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW M series coming to India soon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27115-bmw-m-series-coming-india-soon.html)

The BMW M series is to be launched soon here[next year],we will get both the M3 as well as the M5, not sure of the pricing as yet though.

This is what Mr. Peter Krnoschnabl,BMW India president has said so let's hope this is true.

The M series is the enthusiasts car in the perfect sense and would love to see it here on our roads.

Now if only Money did grow on trees.......

Source:
BMW to launch new sports car in India

Sweet! The M series has always had a strong following within the metros, and will give BMW an edge over Merc's positioning. An alternative to the rich enthusiasts! If they launch it in 2008, its indeed going to be a quick launch as it is yet to be released world-wide.

Unfortunately, it will surely come in as a CBU and the price differential between a 325 and the M3 will be double that in other countries.

Still...very heart-warming news for enthusiasts in India and a huge thumbs-up to BMW!

I got a back-seat ride (very short) in an AC Schnitzer BMW M3 (1996 model, if i remember correctly) and wow, was that an experience!

Now, if only a team-bhp'ian were to buy one. ;)

Nice! Now finally we can see some more of the fine machines on our roads! Now, which bank should I rob :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 520038)
I got a back-seat ride (very short) in an AC Schnitzer BMW M3 (1996 model, if i remember correctly) and wow, was that an experience!

You mean you got a ride in this:

Where one Mr. Scooby?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 520684)
Where one Mr. Scooby?

Nope, galat jawaab !

In bangladesh we have already M series car for some years.How happened that India didnt get earlier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 520680)
You mean you got a ride in this:

Yup! :)

Isn't that M3 itself? Did i make some mistake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 520999)
Isn't that M3 itself? Did i make some mistake?

Nope, no mistake at all. That is a genuine E36 M3 with an AC Schnitzer Bodykit, Wheels & Suspension. It may have more stuff but that's all I can remember right now!

But BMW are already selling the M series here in India. The prices will be the same but there will be more dealers for the same and that is all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 521136)
Nope, no mistake at all. That is a genuine E36 M3 with an AC Schnitzer Bodykit, Wheels & Suspension. It may have more stuff but that's all I can remember right now!

If i may add to the list K&N, front seats were two seats were Recaro or some racing other such brand. :)

And everyone wanted to know the FE, and how it managed our pot-holled filled roads. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg (Post 520816)
In bangladesh we have already M series car for some years.How happened that India didnt get earlier?

Because India has an Automobile Industry.

My business associates son bought a BMW M3 in london a few months back, I TD it !! Wow !! It was a ride I can not forget !! 19'' Alloys - Fatter Rubber, AT Transmission, rest I don Know !! I only drove it from one street starting to the end of the street. I do not have an Int DL.

Now if I only had the money here to buy one !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 521238)
..... BMW M3..... It was a ride I can not forget.... 19'' Alloys - Fatter Rubber... AT Transmission

Isn't the last phrase in this line, an eyesore!

I am not much of a driver, though yes I am sure a true performance car should be Manual.

But yes whenever I drive ( which is in India all the time ), I do prefer Manual. But most of the cars available there ( UK ) are AT.