Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2004, 13:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indian Express today reported that hyundai had delayed the launch of its GETZ to mid-september near the ganesh chaturthi festival.

this is because they dont want the sale of the santro to suffer due to the getz. they are ramping up production of the santro so that they can meet the demand even when the getz is launched. the president of hyundai india said they have a target of 800 units pm of the getz when its launched and its santro still has a demand thats outstripping supply.

guess we all have to wait a little longer for the getz !!

or then again is this a strategy of wait n watch ...let ford launch the fusion and then hyundai will launch the getz ?? hmm ... i wonder

cheers
Old 26th August 2004, 13:46   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

guess we all have to wait a little longer for the getz !!

or then again is this a strategy of wait n watch ...let ford launch the fusion and then hyundai will launch the getz ?? hmm ... i wonder
Shucks, this Getz wait is getting too much, and now they delay it more. They should learn from the case of the New Honda City...where people simply got tired of waiting and opted for other cars.

I read in todays eco times that Ford is actually waiting for the Getz launch before introducing the Fusion. Most definitely to match or beat pricing strategies. But the Americans beating the Koreans on price? Fat chance.

GTO
Old 26th August 2004, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

yeah GTO,

nothing beats the koreans on the pricing factor!!!!

just hoping that the fusion turns out to be good enuf

Btw just a thought.... i was admiring my ikon from the 3/4 front angle...and from the sides ....till i thought what if ford did a GM ?

cut off the dicky and make the ikon a hatch? they can bring in the focus then in place of the ikon !!

and what a hot hatch that will turn out to be maan...

wat do ya fellas think ?

cheers
Old 26th August 2004, 14:28   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Btw just a thought.... i was admiring my ikon from the 3/4 front angle...and from the sides ....till i thought what if ford did a GM ?

cut off the dicky and make the ikon a hatch? they can bring in the focus then in place of the ikon !!
Lol NC...! Ford spent millions converting the Fiesta into the Ikon with a boot...and now to go back and make it inot a hatch!! highly unlikely as the old Fiesta, on which the Ikon is based, has been out of production for years now.

Rt
Old 26th August 2004, 14:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

i know rt...but considering the market ...its possible!!!11
Old 26th August 2004, 15:38   #6
BHPian

hot hatches dont have a big market in india i think.
lets see how the getz does.
Old 26th August 2004, 15:48   #7
Team-BHP Support

Yup Sid,

Hot hatches dont sell in India. The Palio GTX is the best example. However, if they make a base model LOOK like a hot hatch...that will capture the market!

Rt

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks