Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2004, 18:45   #1
BHPian

JD Power Asia Pacific has released the findings of its annual Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study.

An excerpt:

"Skoda and Fiat follow Maruti in the overall rankings, respectively. Both rank above the industry average for the first time in the history of study. Skoda improves its ranking by seven positions, while Fiat improves by five rank positions."

The complete JD Power report is here.

Quite frankly, I'm (albeit, pleasantly) surprised...

Old 17th August 2004, 19:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Surprised is a mild word never clever., I am SHOCKED!

For the first time 2 european manufacturers are among the top three!!! Must say, both skoda and fiat worked silently but effectively. Even more surprising is the low placement to traditional heavy weights like Hyundai and Honda, by the way, ranks below TATA!!! Hyundai, Toyota, Honda - all below industry average?? are you sure this is the Indian survey? lol

Old 17th August 2004, 22:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

I feel that Fiat should use this as an opportunity to improve their sales and brand image.
Skoda is worthy of second place............ a little shocked to see Honda doing that badly!!
Old 17th August 2004, 22:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I feel that Fiat should use this as an opportunity to improve their sales and brand image
I totally agree with u on that shravan. I hope the guys at fiat have that much brains though - doesn't seem like it going by their record! Maybe i will to send them a email to give them another tip!
Old 18th August 2004, 00:45   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Holy Cow!! This is pop-up-the-champagne time for the Italians...a third place on the JD Quality Sales experience is awesome. We had heard many Team-BHPians go on about how their dealership experience has improved, and quite a few stories in the press on the same compliment too. But to see Fiat on a whopping no.3 is astonishing. Whats more, they are only two points away from the no.2 position.

I have always been a believer in the Palio and Petra, and been pretty tempted of late to go for the Petra 1.6 myself. I hope this opens the eyes of our Indian consumer to accept what is undoubtedly the most superior hatchback in the market.

Honda disappointed, but with 35% of the quality bias toward "delivery process"...its hardly surprising:

1. The waiting period for the New Honda City is excruciatingly long.
2. Honda dealers suck (atleast in Bombay). Dealerships will over-promise and under-deliver to get your order.

Either ways, second last place means Honda has to pull its dealers up to task. Being sandwiched between Tata and Mahindra will surely cause embarassment to them. I am also equally surprised at the performance of Toyota and Hyundai, the latter especially being geared toward a pleasant sales experience.

Hats off to Maruti. Holding on to 50% of the market and yet providing the best quality...in service and product. Theres really a reason that Maruti is the undisputed no.1

GTO
Old 18th August 2004, 01:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet scored 758 and opel 739?? Both the optra and opel car's are sold by the same dealers. The dealership is the same , the salespersons are the same so y so much of difference?
Old 18th August 2004, 15:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

boy o boy ,

this is a shocker !!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda and hyundai do badly than mitsubishi !!! and honda down to second last !!!!

fantastic....at last there is some shake up in the auto giants ......

cheers
Old 18th August 2004, 17:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yup, Honda surely deserves it. They're just not able to satisfy their potential cumtomers who eventually go in for other brands due to the long waiting periods and lack of dealership knowledge.

Honda surely deserves better dealerships that are passionate about the car rather than just selling it as a product.

You can see that 35% of the ratings came from deliveryprocess and 16% from delivery timing. These are the areas where Honda really loses out.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 24th August 2004, 17:28   #9
BHPian

where the hell is Daimler Chrysler in this survey ?

~A
Old 24th August 2004, 17:58   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]where the hell is Daimler Chrysler in this survey ?
Luckily for them, the sample size in India is much smaller than the basic requirement.

GTO
Old 25th August 2004, 11:43   #11
BHPian

Toyota beats the Benz
http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...577733,00.html
Old 29th August 2004, 19:00   #12

fiat truly deserves the second place. skoda, an awesome company has got the perfect one. both fiat and skoda have the great-built cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks