Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:07   #31

Re: Mahindra SUV order backlog stretches to over 2.81 lakh units

Atleast in Pune XUV700 waiting period is over a year for top end variant. I booked XUV700 AXL petrol model in January 2023, and delivery date in Mahindra portal was March 2024. As I was not in hurry, I was ok, but then I saw new Safari. Taken a test drive and liked it very much. TATA assured me to give me delivery by next month.
So, it's really sad that Mahindra is not able to deliver the product even there are buyers ready.
When we approached to cancel the booking, salesperson is too casual. He said I will also be able to procure the car by next month, which is really surprising.
Unfortunately, I don't see any efforts from Mahindra to check the reason or retain the customer. In such case I really appreciate Maruti Suzuki, even though we are buying 8-9 lakh Ruppe car, you will be well connected with the system and proper follow-up will be taken even from company level. Hope Mahindra will address these issues.
Petrolhead81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 13:17   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Why are Mahindra's M-O-M dispatches dropping in spite of having 2+lakh bookings?

Mahindra SUV order backlog stretches to over 2.81 lakh units-screenshot-20231201-130813.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st December 2023 at 13:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 15:13   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Why are Mahindra's M-O-M dispatches dropping in spite of having 2+lakh bookings?

Attachment 2537651
Probably due to a shorter month and Diwali holidays, is my guess. They would have worked a lot of overtime to meet festive season demand in the early part of October as well.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 16:53   #34

Just received a call from the dealer. There has been a cancellation and they asked if i am willing to take it up.

What are the cons of buying the vehicle towards the end of the year?

Is there a particular reason why people avoid buying New Vehicles in these months?
Can anyone share their advice on this?

PS: I did ask them to push the delivery to New Year. They simply said they can't do that. That shows that they clearly want to meet their sales target for this month, and makes me wonder why people are not buying in these months.
Old 6th December 2023, 18:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoChild View Post
What are the cons of buying the vehicle towards the end of the year?

Is there a particular reason why people avoid buying New Vehicles in these months?
Can anyone share their advice on this?
Based on what I have seen and heard, there are only two drawbacks in buying a car in November/December.
  1. Though technically the car is just short of one or two months from the new year, the car will be marked as a "2023" car and on January 1st 2024, your car is technically one year old from a "used" car perspective. This is an issue only if you plan to sell the car soon. If you are planning for an upgrade only after a substantial time, 2023/2024 wouldn't make much of a difference.
  2. Beginning of the new year - i.e January/February is generally when few car manufacturers bring some new refresh to the lineup. For example, Tata refreshed Tiago and Tigor in January 2022. Renault and Nissan standardized some safety features in February 2023 etc. So, if someone is eying a car, but missing out some feature which is available in the competition, there is a tendency to wait for the refresh in the beginning of the next year, though it would come with an increased cost.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks