Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 10:36   #1

Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari

I got one of the first few Tata Safari Facelifts on Dassera Day Accomplished plus top end.

I've driven about a 1000 kms and thought I would mention some points. Bear in mind that I have driven a Tata Nano all my life so this was a big big jump for me.

Why did I choose this car to begin with? I mean working with the Tatas I do have a sense of loyalty, but you know you look at a vehicle sometimes and you just know. Everytime I park her (her name is Yuki) I turn around to stare a bit, that's how you know I guess.

This might sound a bit amateurish but to me it is the equivalent of an Indian discovery. In the seas of SUV's that are getting churned out today I needed something that has different DNA in its looks and this facelift did it for me.

Pros:

On the highway you are quite literally running on water. It eats up the miles with such ease and comfort you don't know when your intercity trip ended (for me that's Mumbai-Pune)

It has a LOT of power at its disposal. Having driven a Nano I am used to maneuvering through traffic zipping and I thought I would have to give that up but she lets me do it in the city anyway (Mumbai).

The sports mode is AGGRESSIVE. You can notice a slight change in engine sound notes too and its very exciting.

The 19 inch alloys are so attractive they immediately set the SUV apart.

The space is ridiculous. My dog travels with me a lot so I wanted the second row to be bench seats instead of captain. Works for me perfectly. The bench is higher than the front seats which according to my passengers gives them ta very good view.

It is heavily feature loaded. I was concerned with so many features so many things can go wrong especially coming from an analogue car. But my favourite features are the ventilated seats, height adjustable seats, adjustable steering position and the lane assist and ADAS.

The "Hey Tata" feature that works like Alexa is surprisingly good. I use it usually to open the sunroof, reduce or increase AC temperature and blower and music commands.

Gesture controlled tail gate is fun once you get the hang of it.

The terrain modes of rocky road, hill mode, wet road are more than sufficient for someone like me. I do not hanker for the 4X4 but I understand it’s a must for others.

Room for improvement:

The interiors are gorgeous with the piano black setup but I got mine PPF'ed to prevent the scratches, which they are very prone to.

I have disabled some of the ADAS features since the notifications and tone interrupt and kill the music. (For example when you turn on the indicator it immediately gives you blind spot camera) I'm guessing a software update should fix this.

The new grill is so aggressive but difficult to clean.

So all in all I love this car quite a lot, I am still getting used to the size of it but now that I get into every lane and by-lane with courage because that is the only way to get used to it. It does everything across a spectrum and I am happy to answer any questions
Attached Thumbnails
Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari-img_3315.jpg  

Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari-img_2571.jpg  

Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari-img_2052.jpg  

Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari-img_2006.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th November 2023 at 19:47. Reason: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Thanks.
cityscrambler is offline   (423) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 11:54   #2
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Safari Facelift Review

Congratulations! Am I witnessing what I think I'm witnessing? Is that Mr. Ratan Tata himself alongside you, examining the new Safari?

The white color is so good, it so elite looking and it matches perfectly well for Safari.

Last edited by mukeshannamalai : 27th November 2023 at 11:55.
mukeshannamalai is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 12:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscrambler View Post
I got one of the first few Tata Safari Facelifts on Dassera Day Accomplished plus top end.

Why did I choose this car to begin with? I mean working with the Tatas I do have a sense of loyalty, but you know you look at a vehicle sometimes and you just know Everytime I park her (her name is Yuki) I turn around to stare a bit, thats how you know I guess.
Congratulations on getting the talk of the town, Wish you clock miles on your new ride!!

Can't believe for a moment that it's you here on this forum. Have to go through pictures a couple of times to ensure. And thank you for sharing the picture Mr Ratan TATA, checking out the new Safari. This post made my day. Following up on your ownership experience.
Highh5 is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 17:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I have disabled some of the ADAS features since the notifications and tone interrupt and kill the music.(For example when you turn on the indicator it immediately gives you blind spot camera) I'm guessing a software update should fix this.
The turning on of the blind spot camera on usage of indicator is a feature, so that won't go away with any software update, unless they roll back a feature.

Also congrats on the new car, white looks stunning. Wishing you many more happy miles. I am waiting for mine to get delivered soon, its galectic blue. You excitement is getting me excited.

Also please say namaste to Ratan Tata sir, if its indeed him in the picture.
Wakeupsid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 17:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
The turning on of the blind spot camera on usage of indicator is a feature, so that won't go away with any software update, unless they roll back a feature.

Also congrats on the new car, white looks stunning. Wishing you many more happy miles. I am waiting for mine to get delivered soon, its galectic blue. You excitement is getting me excited.

Also please say namaste to Ratan Tata sir, if its indeed him in the picture.
Actually I managed to turn the blind spot indicator camera on the screen (I wasnt referring to the one on the mirror)

Settings - Driver Assistance - Blind spot Indicator toggle off

And yes It is him
cityscrambler is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 19:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I managed to turn the blind spot indicator camera on the screen (I wasnt referring to the one on the mirror)

And yes It is him
I might have misunderstood, there are 2 features I noticed,
  1. When you activate the turn indicator, the camera gets activated for the corresponding side and displays it on infotainment screen.
  2. When Blindspot monitor is working, there is indicator on mirror that lights up and if speed is slow camera gets activated for the corresponding side, and displays it on infotainment screen.

I assume you were talking about the 2nd feature.
Old 28th November 2023, 09:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:

And yes It is him
Welcome to TBHP forum cityscrambler. So you are the guy who shares the famous mentor-protégé relationship with the great Ratan Tata. Congratulations on your purchase and wish you at least 100k kms of epic adventures, great memories and a hassle free ownership
FAIAAA is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Drive safe, and enjoy the car.

PS: Never thought I'd get chance to say this, but congratulations on working with a Titan (pun intended) of our times!
buzzy_boy is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Why did I choose this car to begin with? I mean working with the Tatas I do have a sense of loyalty, but you know you look at a vehicle sometimes and you just know.
Question - You mentioned about your loyalty to Tata and have pictures of you and Mr Ratan Tata together. Does that make you Shantanu Naidu?

Welcome to team-bhp!
r24x7 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:34   #10
BHPian

Welcome to the T-BHP forum cityscrambler
Congratulations on your new purchase!
Happy Motoring!😁

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Does that make you Shantanu Naidu?
Yes, he's Shantanu Naidu sir.
Ratan Tata sir's Youngest Assistant
cityscrambler sir it's a great pleasure to have you on our forum 🥹

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd December 2023 at 10:02. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
YashOjha15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shantanu! Welcome on board TBHP. Well, the pics with the legend gave you away!

Hope you have a great time with Yuki. I have named my prev gen Harrier, Coco and he is a beast! Wonderful 25k kms done and enjoyed every bit of it.

Just a thought for the next ad (assuming you can pitch it to the marketing team ) - Imagine an ad for the safari with the Tipu sultan jingle ( The Sanjay Khan starrer, starts at 30 sec in below clip) and the Safari just rolling ahead serenly with a tagline, the King of Indian roads!
Raghuwire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:

I've driven about a 1000 kms and thought I would mention some points. Bear in mind that I have driven a Tata Nano all my life so this was a big big jump for me.
Congrats on your purchase! White looks good. What is the interior color?

Just one question - How is the Radio reception? Mine is quite bad (compared to my Tigor EV and Xuv500).

Last edited by Aditya : 29th November 2023 at 19:39. Reason: Relevant bit retained
Old 28th November 2023, 16:23   #13
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got one of the first few Tata Safari Facelifts on Dassera Day
Mr. Naidu was the last person I thought I would see on Team-BHP! Congratulations on the Safari, the image with Mr Tata himself examining the car is one for the books

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th November 2023 at 19:14. Reason: Trimming quoted post
A.K is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 17:36   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on acquiring the most handsome looking and practical car currently available to the money conscious buyer! Wish you unlimited safe & enjoyable miles ahead!

And welcome to tbhp! One of the very uniquely placed members for sure. Hope to see you around regularly. You are a well known personality of course, and I stop short of saying "celebrity" ! Its a pleasure to read about you in news and other articles, to get a strong reassurance that there are opportunities on offer in India for anyone who strives hard for them. Continue to inspire the youth!

Happy motoring! Cheers.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th November 2023 at 17:54.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 18:10   #15
BHPian

Already making headlines!

Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari-screenshot-20231128-6.09.068239pm.png
hAwX is offline   (23) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks