Team-BHP - Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/273960-maruti-jimny-thunder-edition-launched-rs-10-74-lakh-jimny-2-lakh-rupees-cheaper-now.html)

Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced the Jimny Thunder Edition India. The off-roader is available in Zeta and Alpha trims with prices starting at Rs 10.74 lakh (ex-showroom). That's Rs 2 lakh less than the entry-level variant.

Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-20231201050505_jimny-thunder-edition.jpeg

The Jimny Thunder Edition comes equipped with several accessories as standard. These include a front skid plate, side door cladding, door visor, door sill guard, grip cover, floor mats and exterior graphics. The car also gets a silver garnish on the front bumper, ORVMs, fenders and bonnet.

The Jimny comes with a 3-spoke steering wheel and a conventional twin-pod analogue instrument cluster. The centre console houses a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. The car is equipped with 6 airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, ESP, Brake Limited Slip Differential, Hill Hold Control, Hill Descent Control, ISOFIX, and Rear View Camera.

The Jimny Thunder Edition is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine that makes 103 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 134.2 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. The engine is mated with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic.

Link to Team-BHP News

Sigh!!
The missus is always right...
She said Wait and I didn't.
This news makes me feel bad.. But, at the same time I'm happy that I bought my dream vehicle and the joy it brings me every moment I drive it..
Drive Safe.

Pricing is good, but is there a catch?
Could someone enlighten on this new edition of jimny?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 5671972)
That's Rs 2 lakh less than the entry-level variant.

The Jimny Thunder Edition comes equipped with several accessories as standard. These include a front skid plate, side door cladding, door visor, door sill guard, grip cover, floor mats and exterior graphics. The car also gets a silver garnish on the front bumper, ORVMs, fenders and bonnet.

2-Lakh rupees less than the entry variant with all these aesthetic goodies? Sure, there might be something hidden here.

Glad it gets the inevitable price reduction. No harm in acknowledging consumer sentiment. This shows that even the market leader does get it wrong at times. Even if it's a year end stock clearance drive. They have to call it something to mask it from looking like a price cut, which it is.
Two things -
1. They should give a "good will" cashback to the early buyers / brand ambassadors
2. I doubt this will increase sales all that much. Yes, It does make it a tad more affordable for those who found the entry level variant beyond their budget. Maybe 10-30% sales delta due to this group. However, beyond the price sensitive group, those who had to purchase would still have, sooner than later. And those who don't want to, for other reasons, won't buy just because it's a couple of lacs cheaper.

This is an effective relaunch of the Jimny with the reduced pricing and more features.

Now the pricing looks to be more palatable.

I was looking at the MG Comet plush edition for my city drives, now suddenly this price cut has made things interesting :). Let me know if anyone has a direct sales contact at Nexa, Bangalore just hate the dumb automated calls that they have set up currently on their all india as well as Bimal Maruti numbers

Here’s what the Jimny Thunder Edition bundles in:

Quote:

Jimny Thunder edition has been introduced in the market, which essentially adds a bunch of accessories for an extra cost. Customers opting for the entry-level Jimny Zeta or the top-spec Jimny Alpha can opt for the Thunder edition package.
Maruti Jimny Thunder Edition launched at Rs 10.74 lakh | Jimny is 2-lakh rupees cheaper now-20231201055208_jimny-thunder-edition-chart.jpeg

Quote:

At this price, the Jimny is almost Rs 4 lakh cheaper than the entry-level Thar petrol 4WD MT with Hard top.
Link:

Just confirmed, no changes or things missing in this edition. This is a pure attempt to fool and disregard existing owners and enthusiasts. Wonder what foolish leadership is taking such calls that it took them a few months to resort to such tactics. There should be a way for the existing owners to fight back and get something in adjustment for being fooled at launch. As an existing owner this doesn't make me love my Jimny less but pains me to see its value being diluted in lust of profits and volumes. No doubt Maruti is not an enthusiasts brand who can handle niche products with passion and exclusivity. Once a mass brand always a mass brand.

Wait, what’s the catch? Is this a 2L reduction in price of the base variant plus some accessories? What does it not have? Why wouldn’t they just drop the price of the base variant? Does the original base variant even continue to exist and at a higher price point than this? Thoroughly confused.

So if you don't want the Thunder edition and want an accessory free version at the reduced price will it be available? Otherwise it seems that Maruti wants to offload a stock of accessories along with existing stock of Jimnys.

Drive on,
Shibu

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT13 (Post 5672033)
Wait, what’s the catch? Is this a 2L reduction in price of the base variant plus some accessories? What does it not have? Why wouldn’t they just drop the price of the base variant? Does the original base variant even continue to exist and at a higher price point than this? Thoroughly confused.

You don’t want to accept defeat for mis-pricing your car. So instead of announcing price cut, you introduce a limited edition which is same as the existing base variant. And to justify your move, you add accessories which differentiates it from current base variant. Once you have liquidated your extra stocks, you can stop the limited edition (like Rapid Rider) or simply sell the base variant at new cut price (like Scross).

I personally feel that India has come a long way in the past one decade in automobiles. Now we are taking automatic transmission as default in India. In USA, the manual transmission percentage has come down to negligible now. It will not be long before India also will follow USA. I personally cannot imagine driving a manual transmission in 2023. Jimny being a lifestyle vehicle, there are some people who buy the manual transmission purposefully for what ever reasons like Porsche manual to enjoy the driving pleasure of a sports / 4X4 car.

May be there is a stock of manual transmission Jimnys which needs to be cleared and hence the offers. I am also wondering if any discounts are given for the top end version with dual color and automatic alpha edition also.

Jimny cannot be a mass produced car unless 2 wheel drive is done and Maruti may never take this route. I wish Maruti sells 1K vehicles per month for the next one decade and not take a decision to pull out of India market and concentrate on export market.

I personally would not take all the accessories given in this so called thunder edition even if they are given for free ( I still remember in 2008, Mahindra dealer India Garage gave me free bull bar worth 10K for top end Scorpio and I told NO to this free offer) .People are very choosy now a days in their likings of accessories. Most Jimny owners already sold the stock HT tyres for peanuts and bought costly AT tyres.

So it is basically a 2L discount + free accessories? Does it still get all the 4WD bits?

Sooner or later this was about to happen. For everyone defending the initial pricing, this is Maruti admitting they overpriced the Jimny by a margin of 2 lakhs at least. Definitely a bitter pill to swallow for early adopters, at the same time, for new buyers, the deal has suddenly become worth it. Better late than never, better sooner than later.