Team-BHP - My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/276951-my-brand-new-tata-safari-has-been-fully-disassembled-edit-dealer-offers-full-refund-23.html)

Adil Darukhanawala mentioned the lack of leadership in Tata Motors in the EVO India podcast recently. It is pointless to innovate and ideate so much if the end product is half-baked and customers have to undergo so much trouble. Mahindra is just as local as Tata is and their products are comparable too. Why is it that we don't hear as many complaints on quality from them?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the ecosystem doesn't exist, let's use this forum to create one. Hold the OEMs accountable for not only their products, but also their business and operations.

Why is TATA not looking into all these issues cropping up again and again? They have made really wonderful cars but the QC issues and ASS is pulling customers away. I love the pre facelift Harrier Dark Edition, it was my dream car to buy and even the FL Harrier Dark looks stunning, but these consistent issues makes me rethink my decisions again and again. TATA needs to take charge and iron out these issues or else they will lose out on a lot of potential customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 5730198)
In the words of a cigar smoking spiritual guru from the Hollywood, 'Not until the fat lady sings...'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln (Post 5734211)
I am very much thankful for Team SELECT CARS and Tata Motors.

And so are we... thanks to the powers to be who resolved clap:

Time to close the thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensible_Speed (Post 5734937)
Mahindra is just as local as Tata is and their products are comparable too. Why is it that we don't hear as many complaints on quality from them?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the ecosystem doesn't exist, let's use this forum to create one. Hold the OEMs accountable for not only their products, but also their business and operations.

No doubt company took time for the decision as they planned to look out for solutions for the problems in the Safari. Maybe all their measures to rectify issues did not give results for which they decided for a full refund. Also the forum as well as our forum member @cityscambler Shanthanu Naidu may have had a hand in the peaceful resolution of the issue.

Being Indian mentality both TATA and MAHINDRA work the same way in resolution, until knuckled by the courts, refuse hands down. Similar issue did happen with Mahindra where a Thar charred down to ashes and the Insurance company and the Manufacturer dusted off their hands and the owner is left midway to fend himself with the EMI burden hanging over his head. I think they don't trust people as they suspect some tinkering by the customers and push the blame onto the manufacturer.

It is not only TATA and Mahindra but even European manufacturers having to face glitches due to complex engineering. Bot Japenese companies Honda and Toyota don't fill the cars with technology and are safe and buyers don't demand much from them too.

I feel these guys are finding it difficult to handle complex technologies.

New Mahindra Thar turns into ashes

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 5735045)
Time to close the thread :)

Absolutely. This topic has been discussed enough & we're glad the OP's problem got resolved with a full refund.

Thread closed.