Team-BHP - My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/276951-my-brand-new-tata-safari-has-been-fully-disassembled-edit-dealer-offers-full-refund.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=netVW-EaiK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhdZRURYMiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wVer3_fXFQ

Hello Everyone,

My experience with buying Tata Safari car has been unbearably painful and of loss.

Dealer: Select Cars, Chandanagar, Hyderabad
Variant: Tata Safari Accomplished + DK (AT)
Amount: Rs 33,74,976
Date: 31st Jan 2024

I have asked the dealer agent multiple times if the car condition is good and I will buy only if the condition is good, even before paying the amount. We checked car ourselves but didn't find any major issues other than ignorable small paint scratches and dust. Of course we couldn't check all the features of the car that time. We expected some small issues were bound to happen and made peace with it, but we never expected to get a shock literally.

Audio Glitch:
When we went home and tried the features, initially audio was not working despite muting/unmuting, increasing/decreasing volume as well, we shut the car down, went out and came back after some time and then it started working.

Ambient or Mood lights
Mood lights were not working, the next day the dealer agent came and tried some repairs on the car, restarted infotainment, factory reset, and even removed and re-attached the battery to hard boot the car, but nothing worked. They said software needs to be updated and tried to assure me nothing is wrong with the hardware of the car.

Major Issues
Next day (3rd day) they took the car to the nearest service center that was available and there they found that the car’s ambient lights, brake lights, parking lights, number plate lights are not working due to electrical short circuiting. Smoke was also coming from the roof side due to the same reason.

From that day the car stayed in the service center. We realized we are being duped by the Select Cars Chandanagar, Hyderabad branch managers and team.

We are prepared to file a case in the consumer court and to go to any length to get justice.

Please support us by any means possible. Your feedback and advices are the most welcome. Thank you.

I will update more soon.

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-screenshot-20240209-231445.png

Complete car assembly is removed.
My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-screenshot-20240212-202916.png

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-screenshot-20240212-202940.png

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2346.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2347.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2349.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2494.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2348.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2353.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2343.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-img_2324.jpg

My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!-screenshot-20240212-202259.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln (Post 5717945)
My experience with buying Tata Safari car has been unbearably painful and of loss.

Oh my God! This is just unacceptable. A brand new 30L car being stripped to bare bones within a week!!:Shockked: How are you even stomaching this. Just feel sorry for you.

Yes, take them to court, may it be the dealer or the OEM itself!

Praying you get a resolution soon...

Hi SLN,

Please take these pics and post it to social medial channels and tag every single living entity in TAMO. This is plain ridiculous and unacceptable at all levels.

Have you escalated this to TAMO as such, apart from the dealer?

Its really painful to see your hard earned money being ruined like this.

The car did not even spend a day at home and every single component of interior is dismantled. Even if this car is restored the car will have major Rattles, poorly fitted parts scratches on every interior and exterior panel.

Please take it with Tata Motors, Suitably on Social Media and approach Consumer court (which will be a long battle) to get a replacement.

Just yesterday evening, i saw a brand new tata safari cross me at a junction here in West Pune. Unregistered and with plastic covered seats, this was as new as one can get a car. What shocked me was the led line on the tail, was only 1/4 th lit... Probably the owner and his family sitting inside the car were oblivious to. What is surprising is the fact that such cars get delivered from a company like Tata... Or probably it's not surprising at all. How many more years will it take for Tata? Is the customer still a guinea pig. Goes to show how the PDI is not just important, it's critical!

Wow!!! Day by day my belief in Tata reduces and Mahindra increases. So sorry to have read your predicament and you should refuse to accept the car but insist on a new one. Is Tata Motors supervising this?

Definitely post videos on social media and get a proper lawyer to file case in the court. Claim all costs like interest on emi, travel charges due to unavailability of vehicle, mental harassment, fraud.

It's sad that after paying 30 Lakhs one has to go through this ordeal. Tata have packed the car with goodies but the QA has totally let them down.

From Day 1 of Harrier/Safari launch there have been issues plaguing the vehicles. This is a very common knowledge, not just among the readers of this forum. And despite this people are happy to drop 20/30 Lakhs on their cars. Sigh!

Difference between a Tata and a Mahindra is that when an updated Mahindra is launched, it's an actual improvement over the previous year vehicle. When Tata launches an updated car it just means it comes with new kind of issues. And unlike Mahindra they don't know how to fix the issues.

Quote:

Dealer: Select Cars, Chandanagar, Hyderabad
Variant: Tata Safari Accomplished + DK (AT)
Amount: Rs 33,74,976
Date: 31st Jan 2024
Smoke was also coming from the roof side due to the same reason.

RIDICULOUS! :Frustrati

Tagging Dear Mods -
Please move to a new thread Dear Mod -

"New TATA Safari stripped down to bare metal on 2nd day of delivery"

Quote:

What on earth is happening here?? How can they be so disrespectful to a 2 days old car? So painful to see the careless way they have disassembled the car.
Was the car only facing audio glitch and mood light issues when you gave the car to service center? Then that was a big mistake. Other serious issues might have been after effect of the careless stripping and handling of the car by the service center.

Every person who is buying/planning to buy a Tata car should look at these images and make up their mind.

SLN, sorry to hear of your ordeal. The guys should be giving you a new car. The buying experience of a new car is totally gone. TATA Motors should do the honorable thing by giving you a new car. The way they have treated you is shambolic. Again, there is a lack of transparency as to what is happening. I have read some previous complaints by Nexon EV owners regarding lack of clarity at the dealerships and wanting to pin everything on "software update". High time that the brass get into the issues faced by the customers. The horror stories are beginning to become a regular feature. I hope that the comments in Team-BHP are being read by the responsible people in TATA Motors.

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if you going to be content with a refurbished/rebuilt car even if they manage to fix it ? This is a clear, genuine case of replacement of the product under warranty. Settle only for that !

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:

This hurts. I think you should be compensated and the brand owe you an apology. Don't accept anything less than a factory fit - or get them to pony up for getting professional job done outside (detailing and taking car of any rattles). Push for extending the warranty too. The dealer had returned my new car with scratched panels and random rattles (rewired 12v socket - broke the clips; fixed horn - left deep scratches on leather steering). It hurts to have these on your car during the first few months of ownership.:sadface

Tata is digging their own grave by not stepping up their QC to prevent such issues. It seems they want us to say 'tata bye bye' to the brand once and for all. I for one would never recommend a Tata anytime soon - unless one believes in luck and is OK with rolling a dice to see if they get a niggle free car. My brother went through this a decade back (Zest) - and sold his car soon after the 3 years AMC was over; his car was in service center every month. I heard some good things and thought the brand has now gotten better; I was wrong and this seems to be in their DNA. The apathy towards customer experience runs from the customer care to the regional offices - your escalation point of contact. Nobody at Tata cares.

Team-BHP recommends to wait before buying a newly launched model from Tata. I bought one 1.5 years after launch and the car had almost all the issues owners pointed out in their cars bought at launch. I think it is better to hold your purchase for eternity if you want a niggle free car from Tata. I even skipped doing a proper PDI (big mistake) because I didn't want to cancel my purchase. I think prospective buyers should consider getting a professional PDI done with any big ticket purchase from Tata. My car was delivered with countless issues - things which could be easily caught if someone (dealer/manufacturer) did the PDI properly. Somebody clearly didn't do their job. Even the service centers skip final quality checks (I know because I proved they lied about testing the car - perks of having a connected car). These have to be enforced and processes should be in place to prevent lapses on this.

To be fair to the the dealer and service center - In my case they are trying to help within their means. But the lack of training and quality checks enforced by Tata shows. When I complain about my issues to the Tata's service advisors - they just smirk; they see worse everyday. It is as if the entire service center is setup like an ICU; everything that comes in with a running repair, goes through a triage - your car runs? fine, Next ! Hyundai and Maruti ASC take feedback seriously and they want to ensure you rate their services well. At Tata, they don't even hand out the feedback form. Even if you fill one out, I don't think anybody cares. And ASC's have got their hands full with the huge volume; I would like to look at number of warranty claims out of their service centers - I have had 5 in 6 months of ownership (~25K worth parts). Compare this to my Maruti (just 1 claim during warranty) and Hyundai (0 claims - the car felt as good as new when I sold it at 6 years).

So sorry to hear about your ordeal @SLN and hope it will get sorted out soon.

This is a great reminder once again that it is imperative to do a PDI when buying a new product recently introduced in the market even if it is over a year into production and selling like a hot cake.
This has been brought to prospective buyer's attention multiple times on this forum.
I got the PDI of my Scorpio N Diesel AT 4Xplor done through Zekardo ( I am in no way associated with them but had a pleasant experience) and to my surprise, the first car that was allotted to me had a gear transmission issue and was raised by the Zekardo PDI engineer. Which saved me from ending up with a dead-on-arrival product. I ended up paying for two PDIs but was satisfied with the results in the end. Better safe than sorry!

More so if you are going for such a high-end car with all the bells and whistles, ask the PDI team to send you a list of all the checks they will conduct and you may ask them to take care of additional items not being there in the checklist but are available in your car.

Quote:

It's really sad to see the car in this state. Totally understand your situation. Help me help you here.

1. Did you do the PDI as per the TeamBHP checklist?
2. Were there no red flags during the PDI? You mention that after reaching home the mood lights, Infotainment system weren't working.
3. What was the reason for not selecting PrathamMalik or Malik or Tejaswi as they are known dealers from ages?
4. Did you check the VIN. What's the manufacturing date?
5. Have you written to Tata on Twitter?
6. Have you reached out to the Tata Regional Manager. Their number is displayed in the service centre?

Feel free to DM me. Will try and help you to whatever extent possible.

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Shocking to the core. This is absolutely the worst customer service and nightmarish for you.

Please reach out to higher-up's in regional circle and all at the brand to make enough noise and dont settle for anything but a complete replacement. There will be attempts with promises on lifetime warranty BUT please stand your ground. I would suggest to keep your calm in these conversations and social media posts while staying firm on your demands. Please keep highlighting the legal route and tell them that you will have to consider if you dont get favourable answer from the brand. And dont take the legal route yet as it makes the life of dealer and brand easy as it will be long drawn battle while you will continue to suffer. Please use emails, calls and social media effectively and I am sure you will get this resorted.