Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2024, 10:29   #91
BHPian

Re: BHPians and their driving OCDs

My OCD forces me to do the following:
1) Temperature and volume can only increase or decrease in even numbers.
2) Both driver and front passenger seats have to be perfectly aligned forward to back, seat back angle and head rest height. Rear seat head rests also need to be at the same height.
3) Indicator can only be cancelled between blips.
RedPhobos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 10:51   #92
BHPian

Some from my side:

1. Only reverse park
2. Always go through gears when shifting down. Never jump a gate. (manual)
3. Indicators -- even in basements
4. No rattle n' hum.
Old 4th March 2024, 00:02   #93
BHPian

I can't tolerate a speck of dust or a single drop of water on the windshield.
Especially, if it's within the visual field.
Hence, consumption of wiper fluid is very high in my case.
Old 4th March 2024, 09:02   #94
BHPian

For me-
1. When starting, wait until MID/infotainment boots up completely, all the indicators go off and then crank the engine.
2. After stopping, switch off the A/C before switching off the ignition.
Old 9th March 2024, 18:21   #95
BHPian

Thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts on this thread. Kudos to OP for thinking of this.

Here goes mine:
I cannot park/ unpark until I mute the stereo and have my window rolled all the way down. I think subconsciously it helps me be more aware of presence and movement of people (including kids) in the blindspots.
dhruvagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 19:36   #96
BHPian

I can't leave my ORVM mirror switch position in left or right side, it needs to be in the middle.

Always the car key shall (not should) be in right side of my trouser pocket.

I also like to start & end my trips with U1 Music (mostly happy songs in start & sad songs in the end).
Thyag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 08:38   #97
BHPian

My car is mine. I don't like letting anyone else drive it.
I have to back into parking spots always - and will parallel park as close to the curb as possible.
If we are on the highway at night - Munbe Vaa and Vaseegara have to be played at least once.
Always give the gear level a wiggle in neutral before starting the car.
ryzen7@5800u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 08:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzen7@5800u View Post
l
Always give the gear level a wiggle in neutral before starting the car.
Oh man, I do that too . I feel I forgot to do something off the checklist, if I don't.
subie_socal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 09:38   #99
BHPian

1. Always take the car ahead and never in reverse. Even if I have to take a reverse, I take the car ahead for a bit and then engage the reverse gear.
2. As I take the car ahead, I utter Jai Shree Ram or Jai Shree Krishna or Jai Shree Ganesh
3. Though not followed always, whenever a cat crosses the road in front, I prefer some other car or bike cross before I do. Surprisingly I don't believe this in person and only when driving. (More superstitious than OCD)
4. Always blow air from down to throw out the hot air out of the car before starting the journey
5. As soon as I sit in the car, I put on the belt and remove it only when I get off the car.
6. Always use the indicators even if there is no car behind or in parking lot

Last edited by VWAllstar : 11th March 2024 at 09:41.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 10:11   #100

1. Reducing music volume when trying to manueuver car out of traffic jam.
2. Parking the car perfectly in between the guidelines.
3. During long journey on highways, obsessed to see speedometer needle mark at 80. If inadvertently speed goes above 80, i let go of accelerator to bring it back at 80. Indirectly, it helps to maintain car FE.
Kar_Om is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 23:52   #101
RC1

I got only one!

1. After starting the car and pulling down the handbrake lever, Lightly tapping the handbrake exactly 8 times to make sure its turned off.
Old 22nd March 2024, 08:47   #102

I always like to park my car in a straight line. Even if it's a little slanted, I can't accept it and will make sure it's parked perfectly straight. My wife says I spend more time fixing my parking than actually driving to places.

Another habit of mine is ensuring that the AC, audio, and indicator lights are all switched off before I get out of my car. If I park and realize that any of them are still on, I'll start the car again to switch them off.

I don't allow any food in my car. I can't stand any smells in my car other than the car perfume.

Lastly, I prefer to keep my car as original as possible. I dislike any modifications and prefer to keep everything stock. I still use my mobile phone for directions since my car audio is basic and doesn't have Android or Apple CarPlay.
Old 23rd March 2024, 00:41   #103

Perfection is like swimming in endless pool but the real beauty is in imperfection
Cars only OCD triggers for me are:
  • I hate key rings.
  • Riding the clutch is a big no, another reason why I avoid driving abused vehicles unless there is no other option, my previous car MS Baleno Delta 1.2 was on original clutch at 95k when it was sold.
  • I like to park my vehicles properly even if I have to walk back 100-200 metres.
  • Getting any panel repainted is a nightmare, I can live with small dents which are part of our traffic.
  • I appreciate the beauty in original form, strictly no modification of any type, only genuine accessories are added and nothing else.(Exception made for recent lateral upgrade)
  • Odd fitting seat covers and floor mats 3D, 5D, 7D etc, I have a thing for functional genuine accessories like snug fit genuine carpet mats.
  • Dirty floor carpet, which was last cleaned when getting the vehicle delivered. (A trick for fellow readers: while getting interior cleaned if pressurized air is available then after vacuum cleaning ask the person to hose down the interior with air, removes fine dust like magic)
  • Next in list is car perfume which I never needed due to no food policy inside car, my cars never had any odd smell because I am vigilant while cleaning the interior, I like the new car smell plain and simple.
  • Belting has become a muscle memory, further using helmet on 2 wheelers even in village.
  • Glasses (esp. front and rear) should be clean and my peripheral vision should not get blocked by sun shade, bag or anything else.
  • Any water bottle in car is filled with RO water and same is added to car washer fluid tank when needed.
  • Cleaning clothes in my car are generally as clean as my handkerchief.
  • Regular car cleaner guys, the cloth used by them is like sand paper IMHO, I clean my vehicles myself, don’t mind using dust covered car.
  • Always use handbrake when parking except when for longer duration.
Bhuvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 13:13   #104
mkv

My only OCD in car is with the wind shield wipers ; not sure why its the left one which always leaves drop ripple marks after last swipe of total 4 swipes ... I keep wiping with controlled amount of water jet in manual single wipes so that those ripples go away
mkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 22:43   #105

I always want map directions on Android Auto running even if i travel everyday routes / known routes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks